IGNORED

West Brom Game,

bringbacktherobin

I agree to an extent - £26 to £30 is enough already though isn't it? £46 - £50 is too much - we're not going to attract new fans otherwise!

Correct sir £26-30 is more than enough...........or else as you recognize , we risk turning people off

It does appear to be unfair (on paper) that I can take anyone I like into Dolman for the price of the ticket only but so could you......

I may be wrong but I seem to recall that a membership scheme for the EE was part of the "permission" for opening the EE in the first place and if so then the club must abide & enforce it regardless which means if thats where you want to go then thats the line you have to toe

A lot of you aint gonna like this but I am going to say it anyway coz its what I think.....................opening the little corner of the EE (coz thats what it is) has contributed to reducing the atmos at AG -

IMO it has fractured the noise generated - I much prefered it when the away fans were isolated in the centre blocks of the EE and the Dolman A&B led the singing which would often lead to Ateyeo and Williams joining in as well as rest of Dolman (block G boys especially) ..........it seemed to be a lot louder all around the ground back then.........mainly because of the numbers being vocal were greater and in a more singular place

Sorry if that upsets any EE peeps but from my place at back of Dolman Block A that is what Isee happening every game - and also the numbers in the EE appear to be geting fewer & fewer as well.......is that the case?

Correct sir £26-30 is more than enough...........or else as you recognize , we risk turning people off

It does appear to be unfair (on paper) that I can take anyone I like into Dolman for the price of the ticket only but so could you......

I may be wrong but I seem to recall that a membership scheme for the EE was part of the "permission" for opening the EE in the first place and if so then the club must abide & enforce it regardless which means if thats where you want to go then thats the line you have to toe

No it was'nt a condition. The memberships scheme was only created about 2 seasons ago - we've been in there alot longer.

A lot of you aint gonna like this but I am going to say it anyway coz its what I think.....................opening the little corner of the EE (coz thats what it is) has contributed to reducing the atmos at AG -

IMO it has fractured the noise generated - I much prefered it when the away fans were isolated in the centre blocks of the EE and the Dolman A&B led the singing which would often lead to Ateyeo and Williams joining in as well as rest of Dolman (block G boys especially) ..........it seemed to be a lot louder all around the ground back then.........mainly because of the numbers being vocal were greater and in a more singular place

Sorry if that upsets any EE peeps but from my place at back of Dolman Block A that is what Isee happening every game - and also the numbers in the EE appear to be geting fewer & fewer as well.......is that the case?

Well to begin with, it improved the atmosphere, there is no doubting that. But I think the decline in the atmosphere is more to do with whats going on, on the pitch....

When we're doing well, the ashton gate support is loud - when we have a miserable season, like the last - the crowd isnt so loud.

The East End is brilliant for big games like the palace games in the play-offs or any other big games.

It does not even allow fans to pay on the day and membership is only available in person non matchdays. This does not encourage more support of the club.

It is farcical that it is easier and cheaper for the away support to buy tickets for the ground than Citys own support.

I can understand why memberships are not sold on matchdays (they are busy enough as it is without having to take a persons details).

But if a person has a membership, then you should be able to buy a pay on the day ticket......as long as you have your membership card with you.

BCAGFC

People like going into the little corner of the east end, some people do not want to sit in the dolman etc, like some fans do not want to sit in the east end . I imagine some fans who bought tickets as they were cheap are more fairweather maybe, we did awful last year so less likely to go to games.

If the club said that is part of "permission" for opening the EE, then why dont they say it. But membership was only started a few years ago, so it isnt that.

Because of work and sport committments I cant get a season ticket next season as I cant attend every game but would it be worth becoming a member so that I have more of a chance of gaining tickets when I can go?

Advice would be grateful, thanks :)

Because of work and sport committments I cant get a season ticket next season as I cant attend every game but would it be worth becoming a member so that I have more of a chance of gaining tickets when I can go?

Advice would be grateful, thanks :)

The article on the main site seems to say you'll get a fiver off each game as a member. So 4 games is break even.

It's a friendly so surely, surely the club can use a little common sense for once, I know common sense is rare these days what with the health and safety jobsworths waiting to pounce on every street corner, can't the club either close the eastend completely or open it up to all.

£5 a ticket, not a bad price. Then i saw the following

"* Home tickets for the Wedlock Stand will be on sale to Wedlock Stand season ticket holders and club members only."

Its a friendly, start relaxing the rules!!!

Ive given up with it. The club can blow about as much hot air as they want but the simple fact of the matter is really they would rather the EE not be open at all.

It's a friendly so surely, surely the club can use a little common sense for once, I know common sense is rare these days what with the health and safety jobsworths waiting to pounce on every street corner, can't the club either close the eastend completely or open it up to all.

The East End is open to all fans with a membership, Millwall, West Ham also do this in certain area's why relax it for pre season game, think about it.

In all fairness though when this was the case and it was just the group in the top of the dolman the away fans were having a free for all in the EE. How many times i would go on away teams forums and they would laugh at how quiet AG was back then was embarassing. Thats why the EE has to be open so we can compete with large away followings.

I agree though the numbers have gone down but thts obvously to do with the dire football over the last few seasons.. Since07/08 when the EE used to be buzzing the quality of football has just gone downhill meaning fans are going to drift away. If we have a good season next year then it will be back to what it was 3 years ago.

IT'S A CHUFFING FRIENDLY!!!!!!

I know this but rules are rules why not take a upcoming Red to the three other sides of the ground and explain why BCFC have said you have to be a member/season ticket holder to watch from this end. Again as i have said i grew up on the old EastEnd.

I found this interesting in the membership story on bcfc.co.uk,

"* Please note that arrangements for admission to the Wedlock Stand this season are not yet finalised. In 2010/11 club members only could buy tickets to this area of the ground. Full details will follow on bcfc.co.uk."

So they obviously havnt made up their minds yet about this season, it may not be members only

The East End is open to all fans with a membership, Millwall, West Ham also do this in certain area's why relax it for pre season game, think about it.

I'm sure that millwall and west ham applie the rules to all fans unlike us, where its only the east end

I'm sure that millwall and west ham applie the rules to all fans unlike us, where its only the east end

We don't need to do this but this imo BCFC have done this to the EastEnd to avoid this, many loyal fans go there and hats of to them, but imo it was becoming a problem in certain games, if you open up the EastEnd to nom members against Barnsley there will be no problems i agree but a rule is a rule pre season/first game of the seson.

We don't need to do this but this imo BCFC have done this to the EastEnd to avoid this, many loyal fans go there and hats of to them, but imo it was becoming a problem in certain games, if you open up the EastEnd to nom members against Barnsley there will be no problems i agree but a rule is a rule pre season/first game of the seson.

A problem in certian games?!? What games were this then? I have obviously missed all these problems.

Just unbelieveable. How they can get away with it is beyond me...

How they get away with what? They have done nothing illegal, nothing dangerous, nothing expect make a decision they are totaly entitled to make, what exactly have they got away with?

Symptomatic of how the club deal with the EastEnd I guess. Disappointing but there we go- been in there once, objectively pro rata best atmosphere in the ground I thought. Surely the fans who did fine work in campaiging to get it open to home fans again didn't envisage this- basically to enable the selling of season tickets and membership cards!:disapointed2se:

When we first got to back in, it was ST holders only, transferring ST from stand to stand on a match by match basis, this is very much an improvement.

Also, the club have said they are looking into this and have not yet decided if it will still be members only this season

In defence of the club, it's to stop the trouble makers getting tickets, like they did with a block of the Williams stand before.

it does not seem to work in the dolman stand then :innocent06:

Vs leeds the eastend was trouble free which could not be said for the rest of ashton gate.

How they get away with what? They have done nothing illegal, nothing dangerous, nothing expect make a decision they are totaly entitled to make, what exactly have they got away with?

Being grossly unfair. This additional fee does not even allow fans in the Eastend to take advantage of all the discounts on tickets being offered in the other three stands.

When we first got to back in, it was ST holders only, transferring ST from stand to stand on a match by match basis, this is very much an improvement.

Also, the club have said they are looking into this and have not yet decided if it will still be members only this season

It was not season ticket holders first season.

Couple of seasons ago you could bring a friend for no additiional £20 charge. There have been matches where the admission price has no additional charge - no membership needed. In nobodys world is paying an extra £20 for something which did and should cost nothing an improvement.

The club have been looking into this for fours seasons and all of last season the restrictions where being reviewed on a match by match basis.

Being grossly unfair. This additional fee does not even allow fans in the Eastend to take advantage of all the discounts on tickets being offered in the other three stands.

It was not season ticket holders first season.

Couple of seasons ago you could bring a friend for no additiional £20 charge. There have been matches where the admission price has no additional charge - no membership needed. In nobodys world is paying an extra £20 for something which did and should cost nothing an improvement.

The club have been looking into this for fours seasons and all of last season the restrictions where being reviewed on a match by match basis.

It was STH's only on a trial basis when they first let us back in there, having to ring up in advance and swap your ticket, I remember the days well. This year they have straight out said "we havnt confirmed if you need a membership this season"

It was STH's only on a trial basis when they first let us back in there, having to ring up in advance and swap your ticket, I remember the days well. This year they have straight out said "we havnt confirmed if you need a membership this season"

What years ago when it was open for the odd game? The two cant be compared, the eastend is "open" all the time now, there isnt any trouble.

The rules dont make sense, if they are still paranoid about trouble, why dont they bring in a "free eastend membership". If they did the same in the other 3 stands people would be in uproar.

When I bought my season ticket for 2007/08 at no point was I informed it was a ""trial". Many fans bought ST's thinking they were purchasing them for a stand where they could bring friends and family without purchasing ST's.

It is simply untrue to imply anything else as I would not have parted with the cash if I had been informed of such.

Last season the club stated the stand was under review. Reviews and trials have now lasted three years.

In defence of the club, it's to stop the trouble makers getting tickets, like they did with a block of the Williams stand before.

Calm down talking about areas where the CSF go when there is a chance of trouble.

Ah, williams F Block then, where tickets are unreserved and you dont need to give your details.

1) Williams F Block is no longer unreserved. - Get your facts right.

2) The CSF sit in the Ateyo. - Get your facts right.

3) The people in the Williams Block F stand up and sing. That makes them trouble makers? Just because the Dolman and the Ateyo are a complete ******* library doesn't mean that because other people sing that they should be classed as 'trouble makers'.

/rant.

Logging off again so I can read your utter pathetic views on various subjects without feeling inclined to post and tell you to simply shut the **** up.

1) Williams F Block is no longer unreserved. - Get your facts right.

2) The CSF sit in the Ateyo. - Get your facts right.

3) The people in the Williams Block F stand up and sing. That makes them trouble makers? Just because the Dolman and the Ateyo are a complete ******* library doesn't mean that because other people sing that they should be classed as 'trouble makers'.

/rant.

Logging off again so I can read your utter pathetic views on various subjects without feeling inclined to post and tell you to simply shut the **** up.

Not suggested this but certain areas all around the country in grounds are know for trouble, didn't it use to be the A block of the Dolmain which was close to away fans.?

Archived