IGNORED

Club Or Country

CiderHider

As a feral half-blood Bristol City supporter I'm bang on for Club over country. I feel no love for England.. sad as that is.... not in the way I feel for City. I have an identification supporting City, dnt ever get that with Eng.... feel a number? I'm happy to be a hardcore fan of City

FIFA, tbh sftu, take your international agwda and shove it up ya arse tbhg omi, you ****** us off, now u oayw

Club.

No interest in the current England football team in the slightest, until the power hungry senior players are removed from the england team it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Capello is a good manager.

But when you have the likes of Terry & Cole undermining a manager to the rest of the squad, you've got no chance.

Everyone is on a downer at the moment when it comes to England (could say we have been on a downer since 66) so yeah im sure most will lean towards club. But if England would have had more sucess over the years then it would be England every time for most people.

As Ashton Vale said its better days out with England by far. I dont think any away day with City can top the couple of days i spent in gelsenkirchen in 2006.

I often have this discussion with my Liverpool supporting other half.

For me, the satisfaction I would receive should England prevail at an international tournament would by far superseed the joy of City achieving their true potential because:

1. I'm a deeply patriotic person - I wasn't even brought up this way, I'm just proud to be an Englishman and would relish the opportunity to rub a Euro/ World cup victory in the face of foreign company.

2. The likelyhood that England would win a Euro/World Cup is lesser than that or City achieving success therefore in that instance it would mean more.

C'mon moomin, that bollox

Unless you been and done it how do you know? Wales v England was better than cardiff/Swansea v city and bulgaria/monternegro will be better than any city away trip next season, as will the two weeks on the lAsh in poland/ukraine.

We took 10k to a pointless game v andorra it was amazing. Thats 1 example from a great many more.

City did not get me going once all season.

England v USA on day 1 of the World cup and I was bouncing off the walls (only that match as it was our opener). Shame it didnt deliver.

What did you anticipate more? What had your interest? For me every City game is a gladiatorial death match. As I will never ever know what it is to play for tee Glorious City I live for the antisipation - thats it for me, I like posibility more than the result or the ends. We will finish where we finsh, but so long as we gave our full I care not our position, only that they gave the passion I would give, if I had the chance.

It's a strange one, I'd say club but then if I had the choice between City Promotion and England World Cup... That's really tough.

I think I'd probably go for the world cup, imagine the national party?!

Sad thing is I'll probably not be seeing either for a good while yet :sign09:

It's a strange one, I'd say club but then if I had the choice between City Promotion and England World Cup... That's really tough.

I think I'd probably go for the world cup, imagine the national party?!

Sad thing is I'll probably not be seeing either for a good while yet :sign09:

Its not a choice really, the tow are incompairable for a varity of reaios, but where is you heart? Who would you run to first?

For me its City, thought about long and hard. England is my Duty - i cant escpare the fact im a Brit, its more of an obligation to support Eng.

City however is somthing that just arrived on me, then that was it, I was City and ***ing proud to say it too...thats the diff, Being and Eng fans is matter of fact, City is a choice, thefore it represents us as people, thats a special thing, I mean I hate some of you ass holes on here, but I would rather be ina war with you that with an random Eng national, i means srysyslys

Its not a choice really, the tow are incompairable for a varity of reaios, but where is you heart? Who would you run to first?

For me its City, thought about long and hard. England is my Duty - i cant escpare the fact im a Brit, its more of an obligation to support Eng.

City however is somthing that just arrived on me, then that was it, I was City and ***ing proud to say it too...thats the diff, Being and Eng fans is matter of fact, City is a choice, thefore it represents us as people, thats a special thing, I mean I hate some of you ass holes on here, but I would rather be ina war with you that with an random Eng national, i means srysyslys

I would run to City first. I love supporting a team local to me which is in my blood, I can't understand any of the plastic Mancs down the boozer on a sunday afternoon getting irate about players they've never seen in person.

I'm patriotic, I like being English, but City first and foremost in terms of football. Absolutely.

Archived