IGNORED

Players You Have Met /seen On Your Holiday

i've heard a few people say that about him. what did he do to get that mentality?

It was not me but my Aunt and Uncle, they had a tour of the Nou Camp and met Puyol and some of the other players. They had translaters there and were happy to sign autographs and have photos taken.

Off top of my head, dont think i've met any footballers abroad, but I missed the England squad by about a week when i went to La Manga a few years ago.

Tried pushing in front of me in a queue for a club, words were exchanged. He was a typical "do you know who I am" sort of footballer. The ****!

Steve McMahon, a bar in Rhodes circa 1983.

Andy Caddick, Cribbs Causeway circa 2005, nice chap.

Tom Ritchie, CenterParcs Longleat circa 2007, LEGEND, and a very nice chap.

Also I was doing a bit of window cleaning 'round Rhodri Giggs' house, when I noticed his Brother Ryan leaving by the back door........................ strange I thought :dunno: .

Tried pushing in front of me in a queue for a club, words were exchanged. He was a typical "do you know who I am" sort of footballer. The ****!

oh one of them.

Surprised really, he is such a household name amongst the best footballers in the world.

Cesc Fabregas, the ******* kn*b nearly ran me over near Regent's Park a couple of weeks ago, then hung out of his window and gave me some right abuse

I think I told him to "go back to Barcelona" in no uncertain terms...:badmood:

No suprise there! My number one hated footballer, scumbag.

He was on his stag do. He walked past a group of us and we chucked banter his way. When he reacted poorly (I.e telling us to **** off) we brought his shady past up. This was during the groves/DeGale fight recently.

I don't know why I'm justifying replying to you though.

I think you will find the killer was out there for his 35th birthday....

When in ibiza few years back seen some newcastle players the only one who i can remember was Steve Watson! Met David James down the gate a few times he's really down to earth and genuine nice bloke. When we played Middlesbrough in the cup few years back met and got autographs from Southgate and Downing and Xavier. Jonathon Woodgate was a bit anoying as he just had this silly hat on and ran straight onto the coach. Funny time was when England under 21's was playing at the gate. Micheal Mancienne came out to get on coach i gave him my autograph book and pen, then a steward said you got to come back in he gave my pen and book back with no signing!! so i went to go home bit pi$$ed off as none of the England players were aloud out to sign autographs which i thought was out of order, was walking to car around the back of Williams and saw Theo Walcott and Stuart Pearce getting into separate blacked out cars got their autographs. But missed out on like of Agbonloahor, Mancienne etc

strange looking bloke this one. Bumped into him in a Mall in L.A a couple of years back (2008), and his white/blonde hair made him stand out a mile. The mall was really quiet and no one was talking to him or bothering him whilst he shopped for suglasses.

He had a hot bird with him to,,,,:flowers:

It's funny how some footballers are exactly as you expect them to be off the pitch and some have a different persona on the pitch completely.

My nephew, who works in sports media, says of all the fotballers he has interviewed two of the nicest, friendliest have been Robbie Savage and El Hadji Diouf.

I must admit I can see how Savage plays the panto villain but I've always hated Diouf with a passion but my nephew said he could see he was a young journalist trying to make his mark and couldn't of been more helpful.

went to italy in 1990 and managed to get into the players hotel in Sardinia, four of us hired a car drove around the island and found the players camp.

My mate flashed his englands members card to the security on the gate and said we were friends of peter shilton.

Couldnt believe it when he let us in. Saw two players sat near the pool went over, it was John Barnes and Trevor Stephen, had a chat with them they thought we were press at first and then couldnt believe we had got passed the security. They both were happy to chat for ages and then said if you hang on the rest of the players will be down for tea.

We went on to meet and have our pictures taken with Brian Robson, Paul Gascoign, Dave Beasant, Steve Bull, Peter Beardsley, Mark Wright, Chris Waddle, Stuart Pearce, David Platt and Des Walker.

My mate had a city beanie hat on and said to Beasant, "alright Dave last time i saw you we stuck 3 passed you at Ashton Gate" took it well and we all had a great laugh.

We stayed about an hour until Bobby Robson came down, who looked at us a bit sternly, so we decided to leave without out staying our welcome.

Best thing about it was we hired a fiat uno which was next to nothing to rent, but you were charged heavily on the milage, after we hired it we drove around the corner and disconnected the speedo cable, took it back 3 days later with 3 miles on the clock, the bloke in the garage couldnt believe when we took it back. result! cheap as chips

Only one was on holiday but here goes....

1988 as a young lad I was chosen to help make Player of the Year awards at City. Joe Jordan couldn't have been any friendlier to a nervous youngster who was obviously in awe of him.

1992 ish met Ray Houghton (ex Liverpool and Ireland) in a bar on the Algarve and he was a complete t*****. We were on our first lads holiday all 16 and just politely spoke to him at the bar, he turned round and snapped "i don't want to talk football, i'm on holiday with my family". The next day on the beach we returned his football after his young lad (or a young lad in his party) kicked it past him, again he couldn't even manage a polite "thanks".

1996 Italian Euro squad used my Uni football piches for training, we had to get hairdryers installed in the changing rooms (and I ain't joking). As students we got passes to watch the training. Really nice guys and very funny. Maldini nicked my mates copy of the Sport and was parading a picture of a 'G Cup Beauty' to all his team mates very funny.

In recent times I have met both Gary Johnson and Jon Stead and been very impressed with both. Johnson chatted football for over half an hour with me when I'm sure he had better things to be doing. Stead impressed me as someone who genuinely cares about City and shares my optimism that the club can progress to Premier League status.

Only one was on holiday but here goes....

1988 as a young lad I was chosen to help make Player of the Year awards at City. Joe Jordan couldn't have been any friendlier to a nervous youngster who was obviously in awe of him.

1992 ish met Ray Houghton (ex Liverpool and Ireland) in a bar on the Algarve and he was a complete t*****. We were on our first lads holiday all 16 and just politely spoke to him at the bar, he turned round and snapped "i don't want to talk football, i'm on holiday with my family". The next day on the beach we returned his football after his young lad (or a young lad in his party) kicked it past him, again he couldn't even manage a polite "thanks".

1996 Italian Euro squad used my Uni football piches for training, we had to get hairdryers installed in the changing rooms (and I ain't joking). As students we got passes to watch the training. Really nice guys and very funny. Maldini nicked my mates copy of the Sport and was parading a picture of a 'G Cup Beauty' to all his team mates very funny.

In recent times I have met both Gary Johnson and Jon Stead and been very impressed with both. Johnson chatted football for over half an hour with me when I'm sure he had better things to be doing. Stead impressed me as someone who genuinely cares about City and shares my optimism that the club can progress to Premier League status.

He's an absolute gem!:worship2:

1987 Gordon Owen missed 2 vital spot kicks for City V Swindon at home and Mansfield in FRT Final. A year later i'm on hols with my mates in magaluf and bizarrely from memory he was with the Barnsley squad staying in my hotel. Anyway we entered a table tennis tournament by the pool and my mate was drawn to play him. Before the match started my mate informed Gordon he was a city fan and that for Gordon's sake it he hoped it wouldn't go to penalties laughcont.gif.

Gordon took this in good grace and promptly dumped my mate out of the tournament ha ha.

Early 90's If I recall and waiting to fly to Babrbados me and the missus took our seats in Gatwick deaprtures - me proudly sporting the City top of the time...as you do when going abroad...and by abroad I mean anywhere outside Glos or Zomerset

A very nice young girl next to us leant over and asked if I supported Bristol City to which I of course replied positivley

"Well my husband used to play for them" she said......turned out to be none other than Paul Mardon

He was at WBA at the time i think and had just got married in Beddy and were off on honeymoon.......lovely couple

We talked for ages about his goal away at Florist..........one of my all time fave BCFC moments ...I can still see him smash it in the corner even today

I asked him if he had scored since........."Not even sniffed a goal chance since that day " was his reply

On a day trip to Butlins Minehead (I was about 6) was having a p!ss and Alan Ball stood next to me at the urinal. Did not want to bother him whilst he was p!ssing but once he had finished and washed his hand I asked him for his autograph which he was happy to give. Nice chap.

Also on a flight between Antigua and Guyana during England cricket tour I walked down the isle of the plane to find Tino Best the West Indian fast bowler sat in my seat. He explained he did not feel well and did not want to sit next to the window, he did not like flying. As I also dislike flying I asked him to get out of my seat which he did reluctantly, he spent the entire journey with his head in his hands. Brian Lara signed my Day 3 match during the flight, it was the game he got his 400. All the members of the England and West Indies teams were on the flight.

Archived