IGNORED

Good Ep Article

Robbored

Well worth a read - http://www.thisisbri...tail/story.html

Good to see Millen looking at all aspects improving the coaching set-up.

Definately! Good on him and for me personally, its a massive step in the right direction and eases one or two of my own major doubts on Millen.

I've mentioned a number of times on here our back room staff are not good enough....and if this club wants to move forward, we have to improve behind the scenes aswell as on the pitch. Hopefully one or two new coaches, with one or two new ideas will come in to

All of millens plans sound good and promising.... but will they work in practice?

But like I said in another thread - I have been impressed with the calibre of player we appear to be trying to bring in.

Very interesting and another foundation being laid that indicates, given the right amount of time and support, that KM can go on to be a very good all round club manager.

Of course he is still learning his trade, but encouragingly, seems to be doing so at a fairly quick pace.

People seem to often overlook or unappreciate that he is one of the most qualified coaches out there from all his UEFA courses, and whilst that in itself doesn't mean alot, it does indicate that he has the makings of a top man to have on board.

With a little bit of patience from everyone, who knows what good he and his team could do for this club...?!

:englandsmile4wf:

The more I see and hear from KM the more I am impressed

Glad that he has seen that we are sadly lackingin this dept and he's going to put it right

If we can afford to give the guy another 18 months or so (depending on results) to see the fruits that this bares then we could be onto a winner

This is a good sign, not just in terms of the fact that we need to tackle this, but in terms of how confident Millen feels about being manager in his own right. He is well qualified and is now putting this into effect. He is thinking long term and about the club as a whole. He knows that the overall structure needed sorting out and has looked at our rivals and decided what we need. As he said, there are a lot of local non-league sides and we have consistently failed to pick up promising players early. All our rivals locally are in a mess - we should be picking up the best players.

also worth mentioning something that's not been mentioned already, he's actually on a training course at the moment for Man Management in football, so even though he has his badges and a management job, he's still trying to improve himself as a manager which is only good news for us and the club.

Also meeting a couple of people up there with a view to getting in a chief scout.

excellent news that we are actually going to have a scouting team. Much improvement than our last "head scout" Pete "youtube" Johnson.....sir yessir

also worth mentioning something that's not been mentioned already, he's actually on a training course at the moment for Man Management in football, so even though he has his badges and a management job, he's still trying to improve himself as a manager which is only good news for us and the club.

Dont take this as sarcasm, because its a serious question - but are you related to him? you seem to know things about him and defend at all times.

Just wondering....

When people used to complain about our percieved lack of a decent scouting network, i always dismissed the idea; a professional club without a proffesional scouting network seemed ridiculous. Seems i had too much faith in previous regimes, well done Keith for trying to sort things out

My only gripe would be that perhaps we should have been getting a new chief scout appointed a month ago so he can be out, you now, scouting and that, during our busiest part (player movement-wise) of the season

When people used to complain about our percieved lack of a decent scouting network, i always dismissed the idea; a professional club without a proffesional scouting network seemed ridiculous. Seems i had too much faith in previous regimes, well done Keith for trying to sort things out

My only gripe would be that perhaps we should have been getting a new chief scout appointed a month ago so he can be out, you now, scouting and that, during our busiest part (player movement-wise) of the season

What are they going to scout? Noones playing.

Sorry, but you have totally lost me!

Sorry - From the article: "Currently attending a Football League man management course in Warwick, Millen wants to appoint an experienced operator to head the club's scouting network."

From Mr.Donald: "he's actually on a training course at the moment for Man Management in football, so even though he has his badges and a management job, he's still trying to improve himself as a manager which is only good news for us and the club."

I like that even though there is little security in football management, he is planning for the future and thinking long term in almost everything he is planning for the club. Johnson was a great manager for us and took us further than anyone in living memory but he was all about the immediate and present, He gave very little time to the future of the club.

I hope Millen is here for a decent period of time and given the chance to implement all his ideas, He's going about reshaping the club into his own in the right way, gradually changing most things and making us seem a little more professional off the pitch. I hope that doesn't come across as a dig at GJ, but I'm very impressed by Millen's vision for the future of BCFC.

Here's hoping it comes good quick enough for him to have a chance to keep the fans on side

I hope Millen is here for a decent period of time and given the chance to implement all his ideas, He's going about reshaping the club into his own in the right way, gradually changing most things and making us seem a little more professional off the pitch. I hope that doesn't come across as a dig at GJ, but I'm very impressed by Millen's vision for the future of BCFC.

Here's hoping it comes good quick enough for him to have a chance to keep the fans on side

Johnson ran the club like a family corner shop with his brother as ''head scout". He signed hopeless players like Styvar and numerous equally hopeless loan players, all the while ignoring the youngsters at the club. No-one would critise you if you were having a dig at Johnson.

As for Millen - its been said many times on here by those who understand what a shambles he inherited, that he did a decent job last season especially with so many injuries and an unbalanced squad to contend with. Many fans are already on his side.

Johnson ran the club like a family corner shop with his brother as ''head scout". He signed hopeless players like Styvar and numerous equally hopeless loan players, all the while ignoring the youngsters at the club. No-one would critise you if you were having a dig at Johnson.

As for Millen - its been said many times on here by those who understand what a shambles he inherited, that he did a decent job last season especially with so many injuries and an unbalanced squad to contend with. Many fans are already on his side.

he also signed the backbone of this team and gave a few youngsters a chance before shipping them out so don't overlook that ether

I just hope Millen gets us a promotion and three top 10 finishes in the league above in his first 5 years in charge. You know some people will still slag him off though but thats ********* for you.

Promising signs. Slightly flabbergasted that the club didn't already have a robust scouting network...not rocket science is it?...but good signs. And good luck to Keith who has now got the pre-season to make the club his own.

I'm at Warwick uni tomorrow...I'll look out for him.

Promising signs. Slightly flabbergasted that the club didn't already have a robust scouting network...not rocket science is it?...but good signs. And good luck to Keith who has now got the pre-season to make the club his own.

I'm at Warwick uni tomorrow...I'll look out for him.

He's the one with the Florida tan. Must have forgotten the Factor 30 on his hols. :sun:

Thank goodness. Your many years of proffesional football management are finally being put to good cause via otib.

What I would say, Robbo, is that it is much easier for Millen to implement these ideas from the position that GJ left than the one GJ came to club under.

Without GJ there is absolutely no certainty at all that we would be in this league now, and the setup of the club would in all probability be in a worse state meaning even more difficult work for a reforming character like Millen.

You must see that without Johnson's input Millen would never be able to put these sorts of ideas in place in such a short space of time?

What I would say, Robbo, is that it is much easier for Millen to implement these ideas from the position that GJ left than the one GJ came to club under.

Without GJ there is absolutely no certainty at all that we would be in this league now, and the setup of the club would in all probability be in a worse state meaning even more difficult work for a reforming character like Millen.

You must see that without Johnson's input Millen would never be able to put these sorts of ideas in place in such a short space of time?

Robbo calls it a shambles. The fact is, Millen inherited a better club and squad than many a previous city manager.

When was the last city manager to inherit the club and squad in a better state?? Russell Osman?? or Denis Smith??

Archived