IGNORED

Chopra....

'Orns

I see on the bbc website that Ipswich are after Chopra, and the fee is around £1m......

If Maynard was to leave would Chopra be an ideal replacement, especially at that price? I'm sure Ipswich will offer far more money, and will probably be thought of as having more of a chance to get to the promised land, but he wouldn't have to move his family (if he's got one), and if he's pissed off with C*rdiff for whatever reason then maybe a move to City would be the ideal parting shot

Can't say I'd be 100% about having him in a City shirt, and I know it's been discussed before, but what is the general feeling out there on this?

Would we?

Would he?

I see on the bbc website that Ipswich are after Chopra, and the fee is around £1m......

If Maynard was to leave would Chopra be an ideal replacement, especially at that price? I'm sure Ipswich will offer far more money, and will probably be thought of as having more of a chance to get to the promised land, but he wouldn't have to move his family (if he's got one), and if he's pissed off with C*rdiff for whatever reason then maybe a move to City would be the ideal parting shot

Can't say I'd be 100% about having him in a City shirt, and I know it's been discussed before, but what is the general feeling out there on this?

Would we?

Would he?

Not if I could help it. :bruce_h4h:

(which obviously I couldn't).

Would we?

Would he?

I'd say he'd probably come play for us if the offer was right and if a player is good enough it would be ridculous to turn them down because he's had past indiscretions with fans. But the question is: Is Chopra good enough? I would argue not; his scoring record last season wasn't as good as Pitmans, who is 5 years younger and in his first season at this level, and not that much better than Clarkson's whom many would like to see rid of. He's certainly not as good as Maynard and if Nicky does go, we'll need to either place our faith in Brett or try and get someone who at least has Maynards potential

Let Ipswich have him

Chops was/is and hopefully will again be a very good Championship player. This year he's been awful though and I'd be happy to see him move on. However, I can't see it until a new manager is appointed and decides if he can get the best out of Chopra.

As far as I know he's single and had a well documented split from his wife a few years ago. She lives in Newcastle I think, so there is no necessary geographic appeal in moving to Bristol City.

I think fans here still have affection for him, but he needs to drastically raise his game.

At his best though, he's make a great partner to Maynard.

If Maynard was to go I would rather sign Joe Mason from Plymouth. Pittman takes over as first choice Mason comes off the bench maybe starts 10 games and let him progress. The same way we've seen Maynard and Pittman progress. In the long run we'll be better off.

I'd say he'd probably come play for us if the offer was right and if a player is good enough it would be ridculous to turn them down because he's had past indiscretions with fans. But the question is: Is Chopra good enough? I would argue not; his scoring record last season wasn't as good as Pitmans, who is 5 years younger and in his first season at this level, and not that much better than Clarkson's whom many would like to see rid of. He's certainly not as good as Maynard and if Nicky does go, we'll need to either place our faith in Brett or try and get someone who at least has Maynards potential

Let Ipswich have him

I would say Chopra is most definitely good enough. To compare him too Pitman is a bit much at this moment in time i would say, as at the moment Chopra is a far more compotent striker at this level( although i do believe Pitman has got the potential ). Chopra and Boothroyd are the best partnership ive seen at the gate over the last few seasons and a big part of that is Chopras movement ( 2nd to none in the championship). But i cannot for the life of me see this one coming off.

The strikers we have are better, I have a lot more faith in Stead and Pitman.

I've have never rated Chopra, he strikes me as a player who just inst cut out to play at the top end of English football. He had a few seasons in the Premier League and got found out, has now come down the Championship had a good couple of seasons and has now been found out at this level.

Archived