IGNORED

Manager Merry-Go-Round

bangers

With the right club and the right backing I think Steve McClaren could prove himself as a fantastic manager.

Im not sure if Forest are the right club for him though, because the expectation there is so high. I think he might be better off at a club where the expectation and pressure isnt so high.But we shall see... either way its a good appointment, lets just see if he can deliver as quickly as their arrogant fans want!

Apparently Steve mclaren is the man the florist board want to replace him.

Personally I think it is the perfect side for Mclaren to come back and prove himself with. As for Davies, I don't think he got on well with the chairman.

Also it looks like birminghams Ginger grump is going to cross over to villa. Suprising. I wonder if Birmingham will pick up Billy Davies....

Apparently Steve mclaren is the man the florist board want to replace him.

Personally I think it is the perfect side for Mclaren to come back and prove himself with. As for Davies, I don't think he got on well with the chairman.

Also it looks like birminghams Ginger grump is going to cross over to villa. Suprising. I wonder if Birmingham will pick up Billy Davies....

He's already been named the "bookies favourite"

I wonder if Mclaren's head will be turned by the vacancy at Birmingham? That would be a kick in the teeth for Forest after seemingly sacking Davies with Mclaren already primed for the job...

I thought Birmingham were meant to be minted, a Chinese owner? Thing is there's rumours of admin

You'd think European football would be a reasonable substitute for the obvious loss of television revenue after relegation, but I've also heard that they're in the mire at the moment and the signing of Marlon King is hardly an indication that there will be anything but significant cut backs at St Andrews.

On Nottingham Forest, does anyone think former player Martin O'Neill would be interested in following in his inspirations (Brian Clough) footsteps their?

Interesting times in our league at the moment.

seems as though Mcleish quit via email as well....classy!

To be fair to Mcleish, the actions of the Brum board have been anything but classy in how they've treated Mcleish over the last year or so. I'd have quit months ago in his position, but his patience has meant he is now favourite for a big job at Villa. Credit to him I'd say.

It's the silly season for sackings, resignations and appointments. Among others, Jones, Davies, McLeish, Hughes, Jol, McLaren - and Danny Wilson...

Davies is not that much of a surprise. Well known to be an abrasive little man who could start the proverbial argument in an empty room, coupled with a chairman who is probably no pussycat himself, and at a club with a once glorious history under Clough that still leads supporters to think they ought to be better than they are. McLaren would be an intriguing choice, though. Fits with their perception of themselves as a club that likes to be associated with playing good football. And the recent bruising experience with Villa (where rumour has it the board bottled out of giving him the manager's job because of a fans' revolt) may have convinced him, if he needed convincing, that it's unlikely a Prem club will take a chance on him. If he's going to be rehabilitated into English football he's going to have to take the long route back to the top.

There'll be more of this before next season starts. One suspects some clubs will make appointments, only to kick themselves later when somebody better becomes available. (And some managers might resign and subsequently wish they hadn't when the job they thought they could land goes to someone else). After the summer from hell last year, I'm quietly satisfied that we've got a relatively settled situation here and can concentrate on preparation without any major upheaval distracting us.

Hope that's not tempting fate and I don't live to regret the last bit.

Hasnt Blackburn jsut been taken over by a family of billionairs though?

No, that's my point. Venky's do not have anything like that wealth:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/dec/15/venkys-blackburn-rovers-ambition?INTCMP=SRCH

In fact Steve L is considerably richer. But if you tell Scudamore you are filthy rich he will immediately declare you a fit and proper person.

I hope Cardiff do sign the odious little ****, it's a match made in heaven. They'll plummet.

Out of interest , why do you think they will plummet? Davies has a proven track record of getting teams to the play-offs.

Out of interest , why do you think they will plummet? Davies has a proven track record of getting teams to the play-offs.

Because Cardiff will have an exodus of players, will have much less cash available for signings, and their fans expect instant success. They'll hate Davies as he won't be able to give them that and it'll be impossible for him to stop them spiralling downward. Sacked by Christmas if he gets it would be my bet.

I may be wishful thinking :)

I'm with Nibor on both counts. Bearing in mind the players Cardiff have lost and the likely cost cutting there and the fact that Davies was always whingeing about lack of money at Forest despite the fortune Nigel Doughty has put in they are ideally suited.:innocent06:

Now Alex Mcleish has left brum!

Bloody hell!

On his way to Villa I think.

Also, Hughes won't go Villa, he's moving to Chelsea (I hope) on 1st July. Got a bet on that one!

Plus Steve Mc won't do so well at Forest. He needs lots of money to look remotely decent. And even that isn't enough for him to survive as a manager.

My prediction - Forest to not have a good next season, with Leeds

Because Cardiff will have an exodus of players, will have much less cash available for signings, and their fans expect instant success. They'll hate Davies as he won't be able to give them that and it'll be impossible for him to stop them spiralling downward. Sacked by Christmas if he gets it would be my bet.

I may be wishful thinking :)

I'm with Nibor on both counts. Bearing in mind the players Cardiff have lost and the likely cost cutting there and the fact that Davies was always whingeing about lack of money at Forest despite the fortune Nigel Doughty has put in they are ideally suited.:innocent06:

I hope you're both right , however as I said , Devies has a good record and Cardiff will still attract decent players. Any way , he isn't there yet , who knows they may end up with Paul Trollope :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Davies allays inherited good squads with mony to spend, and I dont think he spent it that well from what i recall, especially at Forest. I dont like the look of him, looks shifty as fork, wouldn't leave him with my kids or my alcohol collection, both would get abused.

On his way to Villa I think.

Also, Hughes won't go Villa, he's moving to Chelsea (I hope) on 1st July. Got a bet on that one!

Plus Steve Mc won't do so well at Forest. He needs lots of money to look remotely decent. And even that isn't enough for him to survive as a manager.

My prediction - Forest to not have a good next season, with Leeds

I think that's a very harsh assessment of Mclaren. There was a discussion on his merits when we were linked to him and it was shown that he actually spent very little when you take into account player sales (at Boro) andthey improved every year there. He also won the Dutch league with an unfancied team... Akin to winning the SPL with a non Old-firm side.

He failed at Wolfsburg, though he lost a lot of players whilst there and was rebuilding the side only to be sacked... you need time as a manager to form your own sides (Milly last season anyone?)

Obviously the England debacle has left a lot of people with a sour taste regarding his management, but he is proven as a top quality manager at club level. I think it's difficult to dispute that.

Archived