IGNORED

Steven Caulker

bangers

anyone with player, what does Millen say about transfers during the rest of the 15 minute interview?

thanks

No much. Still at the talking stage and not at the definite ' yes' or 'no' stage yet with anyone. Says defence is a priority.

Smiled at the Heskey and Bowyer names but didn't say much.

good we can now concentrate on getting a perm solution instead of a loan one,

I'm sure keef has players in mind but now the caulker distraction is out of the way we can start shaping our back for with the next 4 or 5 years in mind,

Shame as he's a great player but was always going to be prem bound no matter how much we wanted him back here

Good player, but 85% of the prem have this type of player unable to make their first team so lets just go and get another one on a season long loan

See him much last season did u ? i'd say more like the other 15% have this type of player available and we were graced to have him here :englandsmile4wf:, i think we will get someone in permanent who will no doubt be sacrificed on here til he settles in and then becomes a favourite :)

We've ended our interest apparently.

No suprises.....good luck to him with Swansea.

We all knew this was going to happening, progression Yeovil, player of the season, us another award what was that, with Swansea, i bet he will come close again alot of defending will be needed, but Harry will be delighted for him to go there, they play football the right way, if he went to Blackburn i don't think he would of said yes so quick.

But will he get regular games at Swansea?, I can't seem them breaking up their current CB partnership.

I think SC will be a back up there (although we all know he should be good enough to start) & I don;t think ol' 'Arry will like that.

IMO we could see him back here in January.

BCAGFC

But will he get regular games at Swansea?, I can't seem them breaking up their current CB partnership.

I think SC will be a back up there (although we all know he should be good enough to start) & I don;t think ol' 'Arry will like that.

BCAGFC

Redknapps confirmed that Norwich also want him on a seasons loan, he won't be back here unfortunatly.

BCAGFC

Our centre backs are Williams/Monk/Tate but Williams (if he stays) will play but unsure on the other 2 playing.

See him much last season did u ? i'd say more like the other 15% have this type of player available and we were graced to have him here :englandsmile4wf:, i think we will get someone in permanent who will no doubt be sacrificed on here til he settles in and then becomes a favourite :)

well 2 things were behind my rationale firstly we have hardly had to many quality defenders at AG so if he was any good he was bound to stand out especially in a struggling team which he did and secondly i stand by my original statement that 85% of prem teams have this type of player that would stand out in the championship. At the end of the day we have a difference of opinion so does it really matter if I saw him once or 20 times? it would not have changed my original comments. So enjoy the season

well 2 things were behind my rationale firstly we have hardly had to many quality defenders at AG so if he was any good he was bound to stand out especially in a struggling team which he did and secondly i stand by my original statement that 85% of prem teams have this type of player that would stand out in the championship. At the end of the day we have a difference of opinion so does it really matter if I saw him once or 20 times? it would not have changed my original comments. So enjoy the season

The boy has got quality, Jones/Smalling, not at the moment but i think this boy will challenge them two for the future of England back two, i think by watching him he is good, time will tell.

left back, centre back and a creative central midfielder for a start!

Hmm, nothing really at LB. We have a kid named Nathan Byrne who did alright on loan at Brentford for the 2nd half of the season but I dont know enough about him to say if he could do a job for a Championship club.

CB- We did loan our South African Bongani Khumalo to PNE at the end of January and he made an immediate impact before he broke a bone in his foot. Their supporters were really impressed with him and he will be going out on loan again, may depend on who we ship out in that position though. Could definitely see you going after him if you're in need of a CB, he needs experience but is a full international for SA. Big big lad, good in the air, think he'd be ideal for you all.

Creative CM- Dean Parrett, Tom Carroll, or Massimo Lunogo (Australian, possibly the next big thing out of our academy). Parrett was on loan at Charlton and did well, has featured for us in the first team a couple of times in past seasons but he will be going out on loan again and I'd imagine it'll be to a Championship club. Carroll was at Leyton Orient for most of the season and was impressive as well. Luongo is a bit different, he only joined us last spring and hasnt yet gone out on loan but he's easily been our best academy player this year (Besides Harry Kane who plays up front). He's been dubbed the new Modric so I think if the club believes he can handle the Championship then he'll go there but I'd say he could end up in League 1. It's typical for our youngsters to go out on loan to League 1 sides before being put straight into the Championship, there have been 1 or 2 who havent gone that route but I imagine thats where he'll go. All these players are very dynamic in a sense that they tend to play a bit like a deep lying play maker.

I would not be surprised to see 1 or 2 of our players with you all again, we seem to have a good relationship and with the success of Caulker playing there we should be in talks again about other players.

Hmm, nothing really at LB. We have a kid named Nathan Byrne who did alright on loan at Brentford for the 2nd half of the season but I dont know enough about him to say if he could do a job for a Championship club.

CB- We did loan our South African Bongani Khumalo to PNE at the end of January and he made an immediate impact before he broke a bone in his foot. Their supporters were really impressed with him and he will be going out on loan again, may depend on who we ship out in that position though. Could definitely see you going after him if you're in need of a CB, he needs experience but is a full international for SA. Big big lad, good in the air, think he'd be ideal for you all.

Creative CM- Dean Parrett, Tom Carroll, or Massimo Lunogo (Australian, possibly the next big thing out of our academy). Parrett was on loan at Charlton and did well, has featured for us in the first team a couple of times in past seasons but he will be going out on loan again and I'd imagine it'll be to a Championship club. Carroll was at Leyton Orient for most of the season and was impressive as well. Luongo is a bit different, he only joined us last spring and hasnt yet gone out on loan but he's easily been our best academy player this year (Besides Harry Kane who plays up front). He's been dubbed the new Modric so I think if the club believes he can handle the Championship then he'll go there but I'd say he could end up in League 1. It's typical for our youngsters to go out on loan to League 1 sides before being put straight into the Championship, there have been 1 or 2 who havent gone that route but I imagine thats where he'll go. All these players are very dynamic in a sense that they tend to play a bit like a deep lying play maker.

I would not be surprised to see 1 or 2 of our players with you all again, we seem to have a good relationship and with the success of Caulker playing there we should be in talks again about other players.

Good read, respect for taking the time, if any of the above you have mention are of the same quality as Caulker i would be really happy to see them wear the colours of us.

Didn't you say on here that we were interested in Jake Livermore a month orso back? What happened to him; he was out of contract wasn't he?

my lads second team is spurs and i was lucky to get tickets for the arsenal game. that has to be the best non city experience i,ve ever had. thast was the most fantastic night ever

Good read, respect for taking the time, if any of the above you have mention are of the same quality as Caulker i would be really happy to see them wear the colours of us.

Cheers, its tough to say if they're the same quality as Caulker because he really is on a different level when compared to our other youth players (not including Kyle Walker since he's no longer an academy player). Hopefully we can sort something out for you, I'd like to stick around!

Didn't you say on here that we were interested in Jake Livermore a month orso back? What happened to him; he was out of contract wasn't he?

I dont think I did, I do remember coming across a thread that had said you all were interested in him. I was under the impression that he was out of contract this summer but I looked into it and his deal finishes next summer. However, I do think we may look to move him on to get some sort of money for him but he's been inconsistent when he's been out on his loan so I dont know if we'll get much for him. He went to Ipswich for the first part of the season and had some really good games but Keane wasnt using him and Andros Townsend (another who could be great for you all, if you needed a LW/RW) so we recalled them. Livermore then went to Leeds and didnt perform well, he certainly has the ability but I think he needs to get settled somewhere in order to show how good he can be. I'd compare him to Huddlestone, built like a rock and more of a sitting CM/DM as opposed to an attacking one.

Archived