IGNORED

Goals Against

riddlesdown red

The last four seasons have seen us conceed 53, 54, 65, 67 can anyone see the existing squad conceeding fewer next season with the current line up, signing two forwards is ok and I do see these players as providing competion and cover in key areas but has KM been lining up a couple of defensive players and could this depend on the sale of Maynard. I would like him to stay but if anyone reached the 4 mil mark I think the board would cash in bearing in mind he has only 1 year left. without any further additions what is your best back 5.

I like to think Wilson and Riberio would be pushing for a starting birth and creating real competion for places and we still have Fontaine, Nyatanga, McAllister, Carey, Edwards and Skuse ( we have never replaced Orr) but IMO none of these is the commanding centre half needed to be in the top 6. So is it another loanee or are we going out and spending 1 to 2 mil on a leader.

I like to think Wilson and Riberio would be pushing for a starting birth and creating real competion for places and we still have Fontaine, Nyatanga, McAllister, Carey, Edwards and Skuse ( we have never replaced Orr) but IMO none of these is the commanding centre half needed to be in the top 6. So is it another loanee or are we going out and spending 1 to 2 mil on a leader.

Millen has already stated several times that he is looking to strengthen the defence and midfield. Experienced, quality players don't step up from division 2 and no doubt City will have to spend some cash in order to fill the gaps. 2 millon at least.

I can't see Ribiero holding down a starting place in defence (based on his limited performances last season). If he can stay fit he might be an option as a midfielder but I wouldn't be surprised to see slip down the pecking order. I can't see Wilson and Edwards establishing themselves in the first 11 either. Fringe players for sure but they'll both be waiting on injuries/suspensions to get a chance.

Millen has already stated several times that he is looking to strengthen the defence and midfield. Experienced, quality players don't step up from division 2 and no doubt City will have to spend some cash in order to fill the gaps. 2 millon at least.

I can't see Ribiero holding down a starting place in defence (based on his limited performances last season). If he can stay fit he might be an option as a midfielder but I wouldn't be surprised to see slip down the pecking order. I can't see Wilson and Edwards establishing themselves in the first 11 either. Fringe players for sure but they'll both be waiting on injuries/suspensions to get a chance.

Ribiero in midfield!!!!!! Good god man i hope you've never managed a football team.

Bang on. Strikers win you games, defences win you titles.

Picking up on this, I checked back over the last few City promotions and near misses. The last 3 promotions have been when City conceded 40 or less over a 46 game season.

83-84 Auto; F70 - A44. Donny & Reading finished higher despite conceding 54 & 56 respectively, they just didn't lose so many as City.

86-87 1pt short of P/Os; F63 - A36. Too many draws.

87-88 P/Os; 77 - 62.

89-90 Auto; 76 - 40

96-97 P/Os; 69 - 51

97-98 Auto; 69 - 39

02-03 P/Os 79 - 47.

03-04 P/Os; 58 - 37

06-07 Auto 69 - 39

07-08 P/Os 54 - 53.

Well last season strikers wanted to make a bit of a name for themselves by scoring past James so hopefully that will have worn off this season

You're spot on, the opposition strikers won't be bothered this season.

Let's hope James signs that contract.

Ribiero in midfield!!!!!! Good god man i hope you've never managed a football team.

There was a thread on here some months ago suggesting that Ribiero wasn't first team quality as a right back but that he had the pace, stature, stamina and quick feet required to be a midfielder. Quite a decent thread with several different opinions on whether he could/should make the change.

You obviously missed it.

There was a thread on here some months ago suggesting that Ribiero wasn't first team quality as a right back but that he had the pace, stature, stamina and quick feet required to be a midfielder. Quite a decent thread with several different opinions on whether he could/should make the change.

You obviously missed it.

aye I don't rate Ribs that highly and think Edwards is a better prospect, infact I was one of the people who said we should get shot,

I don't think he'd be any good in midfield ether but that was a while ago,

for me its make or break for riberio this season

Im praying Wilson can stay fit. If he does, he'll be our new Caulker. Proper quality player.

If he doesnt stay fit and Wiggy cant get us another starlet, were up a brown creek.

Entirely agree. Like Caulker he is comfortable on the ball. The question is whether Keith will drop one of Carey or Fontaine in favour of him. I'm not convinced he will.

Archived