IGNORED

Boxing

And Its Smith

That was shit. Haye completely outclassed. Might well have to change his surname to Murray

He wasn't shite, he wasn't outclassed, what he was was outsized, the guy is a cruiser weight and a very good cruiser weight with a huge punch.

And as much as people think the Ukrainian guys are shite they are not, they are very clever boxers.

Haye was never gonna win that fight.

And if anyone thought he would they have no clue about boxing. T o be fair Klitschko came forward, if he hadn't Haye would not have even had a a chance.

Good boxing match for a heavy weight contest. good effort haye, should have stayed at cruiser weight with the current heavyweight division

He wasn't shite, he wasn't outclassed, what he was was outsized, the guy is a cruiser weight and a very good cruiser weight with a huge punch.

And as much as people think the Ukrainian guys are shite they are not, they are very clever boxers.

Haye was never gonna win that fight.

And if anyone thought he would they have no clue about boxing. T o be fair Klitschko came forward, if he hadn't Haye would not have even had a a chance.

Good boxing match for a heavy weight contest. good effort haye, should have stayed at cruiser weight with the current heavyweight division

I just said exactly the same as that to my mate! good assesment!

Did you watch Haye v Valuev?...

Klitschko won with the sort of plodding, lumbering boxing that has been stinking out the heavyweight division since Lewis retired.

As for the two brothers against each other? I hope it comes during one of my insomnia spells, because it would be the perfect cure

Just got back from my mates and have to say I thought Klitchco fought his best fight ever, from a man like all eastern European and Russians who have no charisma whatsoever, he put on a pretty good show.

Haye should have changed his game, he didnt and got beat on pts which i KNEW would happen. All the dancing about inviting on the attack did not work, Klitchko is far far a better boxer than Valuev, Haye should have dome what he did in the 9th and 12th in the 1st.

There was never anyway he would beat him on pts, no wya on the world, so he should have put his ass on the line a bit more and gone for him.

To think that Klitchocoks bro's now have all the belts is z sad sad day for boxing.

Did you watch Haye v Valuev?...

Klitschko won with the sort of plodding, lumbering boxing that has been stinking out the heavyweight division since Lewis retired.

As for the two brothers against each other? I hope it comes during one of my insomnia spells, because it would be the perfect cure

Yes i did, i don't think anyone would knock him out, he is a freak of nature, and haye wobbled him

I agree the current heavy weight division does not have a patch on what was there in the 80's and early 90's. Heavy weight division has be awful for years, including most of the time Lewis was lording over it, remember vitali would more than likely would have beaten Lewis if it wasn't for the cut.

These Ukrainians are clever fighters, crap to watch but don't dismiss them, they know what they are doing. i would like to see what they would do against a Tyson at 20, i think they would win, Tyson won most of his fights from roughing up opponents with his head going into their chin, leaving him able to unleash. he couldn't do that against these guys. I feel their size and speed, yes speed they would have outboxed him. These guys are huge and look slow, where in reality they are not.

Anyway, we see things differently. it's all about opinions so i am not going to argue the point Matt

Hindsight is a wonderful gift.

Say it at the start of the fight, not the end.

Give me your mobile number and i will send you some texts that i sent to my mates before the fight. Hindsight is not wonderful, understanding boxing helps. PM me and i will send them all to you and you can check the time and date.

Yes i did, i don't think anyone would knock him out, he is a freak of nature, and haye wobbled him

I agree the current heavy weight division does not have a patch on what was there in the 80's and early 90's. Heavy weight division has be awful for years, including most of the time Lewis was lording over it, remember vitali would more than likely would have beaten Lewis if it wasn't for the cut.

These Ukrainians are clever fighters, crap to watch but don't dismiss them, they know what they are doing. i would like to see what they would do against a Tyson at 20, i think they would win, Tyson won most of his fights from roughing up opponents with his head going into their chin, leaving him able to unleash. he couldn't do that against these guys. I feel their size and speed, yes speed they would have outboxed him. These guys are huge and look slow, where in reality they are not.

Anyway, we see things differently. it's all about opinions so i am not going to argue the point Matt

No probs. Appreciate your thought and largely agree. Klitschko did a job one Haye as I said. What annoys me is that it is mind numbing boxing

Umm. No thanks...

:laugh: well don't post stuff here then that makes you try to look clever then.

I was on a boxing forum chatting not here this is a football forum, just checked back in here aftet the fight to reply to a post.

No probs. Appreciate your thought and largely agree. Klitschko did a job one Haye as I said. What annoys me is that it is mind numbing boxing

Got to agree, it is dull and has been for years. That is the best i have seen him fight in years. All this trash talk from haye didn't help :) wound him up a treat.

I don't like Hayes excuses at the end though, i have seen boxers win with dislocated Shoulders, he is complaining about a broken toe, i am sure many of us have strapped up broken toes and played football, it is a lame excuse, and Mr Haye has gone down a little in my estimation through that. All his whining through the fight was rather grating as well.

He should have stayed at cruiser weight and dominated.

Can you see any boxer on the horizon in the HW division that will improve the division? I can't it is depressing.

Got to agree, it is dull and has been for years. That is the best i have seen him fight in years. All this trash talk from haye didn't help :) wound him up a treat.

I don't like Hayes excuses at the end though, i have seen boxers win with dislocated Shoulders, he is complaining about a broken toe, i am sure many of us have strapped up broken toes and played football, it is a lame excuse, and Mr Haye has gone down a little in my estimation through that. All his whining through the fight was rather grating as well.

He should have stayed at cruiser weight and dominated.

Can you see any boxer on the horizon in the HW division that will improve the division? I can't it is depressing.

Sadly, no. The days of characters and stars such as Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield and even Foreman, are a distant memory

Heavyweight boxing has been pretty poor since Lewis retired.

The fact that Holyfield aged 46 fought Valuev when Valuev was champion shows how bad the division has got. Valuev subsequently lost his next fight to Haye.

Haye defended his title against an aging John Ruiz and a god awful Audley Harrision. If those 2 were the best available then the Klitschko's can keep fighting for another 10 years. Interestingly, in the aftermath, they did ask Lennox Lewis if he would come back out of retirement to make the HW divison more interesting and he didn't exactly say no.

I am praying for the Mayweather vs Pacquio fight, but i dont think it will go ahead. The lower weights is where it is at.

Sadly, no. The days of characters and stars such as Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield and even Foreman, are a distant memory

Indeed, I have been drawing comparisons to Tennis today, I mean that Sharapova is one cold bitch, typical Russian, absolutely focused, cold and robotic. absolutely no class or charisma, will never do anything unexpected, almost predictable, but unstoppable. Programmed to win at all costs.

This is what generations and generations of having your borders attacked, your people oppressed, violated and killed results in.

I turns you this way, Eastern Europeans, Slavic's, Russians are just like you and I, yet they have never had the luxury to know culture as we know it, never lived in a society where they can explore their interests and learn about the world, history, science etc...I feel for the..m I really do, they are so up tight from so much war they are survival machines, the natural selection from micro evolution has happened pretty fast tbh, they are here because their genes means they are tougher than anything you have seen, and Kiltchco is a brilliant example of this.

Jesus wept, if those are characters, what hope is there in boxing?

Re-read know it all. Characters AND stars. Lewis and Tyson was/are characters, and no one with any ounce of knowing anything about the sport can deny the others were stars. They commanded column inches. The Klitschko's are about as box office as tiddlywinks

Heavyweight boxing has been pretty poor since Lewis retired.

The fact that Holyfield aged 46 fought Valuev when Valuev was champion shows how bad the division has got. Valuev subsequently lost his next fight to Haye.

Haye defended his title against an aging John Ruiz and a god awful Audley Harrision. If those 2 were the best available then the Klitschko's can keep fighting for another 10 years. Interestingly, in the aftermath, they did ask Lennox Lewis if he would come back out of retirement to make the HW divison more interesting and he didn't exactly say no.

I am praying for the Mayweather vs Pacquio fight, but i dont think it will go ahead. The lower weights is where it is at.

Thar will be a cracking fight, i fear Mayweather doesn't want it though to keep his 100% record. If we are honest the best fights have always been at the lower levels, heavy weight have all been lumbering and a little boring to watch apart form the odd fighter who has speed, and of course the chance of a huge knockout.

I loved the Meldrick Taylor vs Chavez fight... also was the biggest travesty in the history of boxing in my opinion

Archived