IGNORED

Boxing

And Its Smith

The Hamster? Good book.

Anyways, I used to like the A team, but was always disappointed with the lack of bloodshed. For all those bullets and explosions there never seemed to be any causality's, weird. So people who watched the A Team grew up thinking shooting people has not effect :blink:, what kind of example was that? :unsure:

Well I grew up thinking I could weld a corn on the Cobb onto the bonnet and nail some guttering on to the roof of my dads car and make a WMD. Bush was looking in the wrong country

You've contradicted yourself and still no read my post properly.

Was Tyson not a character then? Define a character?

I can't see where I contradicted myself.

No, I did read your post properly and you said ... 'Sadly, no. The days of characters and stars such as Lewis, Tyson, Holyfield and even Foreman, are a distant memory'. It is ambiguous as you don't label them individually, as to whether they are characters, stars or both, but obviously you meant at least one if not all are characters.

No, I don't think Tyson was a character (nor any of the others you mentioned for that matter). We are all characters, but when you generally use that term it implies to me an outstanding or complex personality, that involves some charisma, individuality, intrigue, moral strength and at least some degree of intelligence. Tyson has very few of these qualities. Being a rapist or cheating in your sport by biting someone's ear off are not qualities I would consider essential. Great boxer, but not a character. Muhammad Ali was a character (albeit the most obvious one to choose). Winston Churchill was a character. People like Colin Wan**r or Ian Holloway are often misconceived as characters. They are not, they are fools.

lets get a re-match on and show some proper boxing .

Why? What has Klitschko got to prove? He beat Haye in 10/12 rounds in my opinion, one of the judges had the score down as 11-1

Rematch would be stupid for a rubbish fight, if it was closer then yeah.

Why? What has Klitschko got to prove? He beat Haye in 10/12 rounds in my opinion, one of the judges had the score down as 11-1

Rematch would be stupid for a rubbish fight, if it was closer then yeah.

Klitschko will probabaly walk away from a re-match and will have every right too. But it was a shame that David Haye was'nt at his best. I believe that his toe was restricting him because he isnt usually that sloppy.

However, if haye does not get a re-match, he only has himself to blame. The fight could have been put back a month or so.... Other the big fights have been postponed for a short time due to injury - The rumble in the jungle for example, was delayed because if an injury to foreman.

I'm really gutted that david haye lost, but he should'nt have left any chances for an excuse - which people will know think it is.

Archived