IGNORED

Martin Woolford Possibly Going To Peterborough

And Its Smith

Clearly a good player who had not quite settled in to the side!! Give him a bit more time, he will come good.

Exactly right.

Maynard wasn't exactly a hit during his first season. Neither did Cisse impress until later in the season. Stewart got off to a poor start but improved as the season progressed.

Getting on Woolford's back is just another example of some fans getting impatient.

Peterborough do have cash and have lost a lefty. With left-sided players being hard to find and Woolford being able to chip in with some goals I could see Peterborough making a move. He didn't really settle and whilst he could come good I could see City taking a decent offer now that Bolaise has signed. If he does go that's another player who has a track record of offering a few goals from midfield so I'd like to see a goal scoring creative midfielder signed from the lower leagues. If Nicky Maynard goes then Pitman can give 20 a season and Stead can get 10 to 12 but aside from Marv and say four or five from Albert there is not enough goals in the side from midfield and also since McCoomb left we haven't got anyone in defence who can contribute 5 or 6. I think we need that 10 to 15 a season midfielder as whilst I like the look of Kilkenny he's only going to be contributing 4 or 5. I'd readily sell Woolford if it meant an up and coming youngster like Northampton's Michael Jacobs could be snapped up. Perhaps not yet the goal-scoring midfielder we might need but 5 in 25 starts and looks quite a talent. Signing him, plus a quality young left-back would give the squad a very nice look for the present and especially the future.

I dont think losing Woolford would gain us anything? I get why people are frustrated he didnt do greatly last season but that could be due to many reasons (IE: Not settling)

Also, I can see if he did move that it could come to bite us in the ass in the future, hes clearly a good player.

I just don't understand why so many have written Woolford of so quickly. A decent preseason behind him and I can see him being a first choice on the left this season. Campbell Ryce for me would be the winger who I would get rid of. So predictable it's frustrating.

Peterborough do have cash and have lost a lefty. With left-sided players being hard to find and Woolford being able to chip in with some goals I could see Peterborough making a move. He didn't really settle and whilst he could come good I could see City taking a decent offer now that Bolaise has signed. If he does go that's another player who has a track record of offering a few goals from midfield so I'd like to see a goal scoring creative midfielder signed from the lower leagues. If Nicky Maynard goes then Pitman can give 20 a season and Stead can get 10 to 12 but aside from Marv and say four or five from Albert there is not enough goals in the side from midfield and also since McCoomb left we haven't got anyone in defence who can contribute 5 or 6. I think we need that 10 to 15 a season midfielder as whilst I like the look of Kilkenny he's only going to be contributing 4 or 5. I'd readily sell Woolford if it meant an up and coming youngster like Northampton's Michael Jacobs could be snapped up. Perhaps not yet the goal-scoring midfielder we might need but 5 in 25 starts and looks quite a talent. Signing him, plus a quality young left-back would give the squad a very nice look for the present and especially the future.

Also it would mean Mcallister would become our only free kick outlet once more, heaven forbid.

Exactly right.

Maynard wasn't exactly a hit during his first season. Neither did Cisse impress until later in the season. Stewart got off to a poor start but improved as the season progressed.

Getting on Woolford's back is just another example of some fans getting impatient.

does this mean nicky hunt going to be our superstar defender next season.

I think Woolford may surprise a few people next season. With a full pre season under his belt, and having bedded in with his team mates we could see the best of the guy next season.

The only part of Woolfords game i don't like is that he is a major league bottler when it comes to the tackle or 50/50 challenge. Now if Johnson had signed him I am sure he would be training with the reserves right now, I don't think Millen works like that.

Unfortunately Because of this side to his game I don't think he will ever be taken into the hearts of the city faithful. The only way you can get away with the lack of effort in the Challenge in the minds of he city faithful is if you are Dariuz Dziekanowski.

For me if he gets the the ball into the box in the right areas that will do me, not every player can be destructive and creative.

If he starts hitting the goals and creating chances for us that he did for S****horpe, hopefully his average performances will be forgotten. And lets not forget the boy had a fair few assists when he first came. I think confidence may have been knocked when boo boys turn to easy targets after Johnson was dropped from the team.

All hail the Alice band :)

Exactly right.

On the contrary.. the ultimate motivational tool to prove the doubters wrong. Go on Wooly, have a barn stormer of a season.

does this mean nicky hunt going to be our superstar defender next season.

Probably not. When on holiday this year i got chatting to Mr Hunts next old neighbours, by all accounts he was brilliant playing football with their kids in the street, but no matter how much they liked the guy, and he often came around to their house, they had to admit he was always shite for Bolton. Lovely lad, could play football really well in 5 aside and local league but nowhere good enough for league football let alone prem football was their opinion.

I hope he proves them wrong... but it doesn't sound good

Judging by his "cheers to the city fans who wanted me to go" comment, he clearly reads this board.

Just what our players need - a big confidence boost before the season begins.

Do you really think they take too much notice of us ****wits :laugh: I know i wouldn't. Half of us have got a clue and the other half are idiots

Archived