IGNORED

£5-6 Mill

Tony Montana

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd take £4m if I can keep all the money myself.

I don't know the answer to the question tbh. You'd need to know all sorts of figures, including issues of tax etc to know what makes financial sense for the club.

My view is that if he has to go then we should have fair market value - I'd say minimum £5m.

I'd take £4m if I can keep all the money myself.

I don't know the answer to the question tbh. You'd need to know all sorts of figures, including issues of tax etc to know what makes financial sense for the club.

My view is that if he has to go then we should have fair market value - I'd say minimum £5m.

You see, you are asking a loaded question, are'nt you?

Any ambitious club would not sell a striker who is capable of scoring the magic 20+ 'onion-bag bulges' per season.

So: we don't sell.

And another thing: no-one is going to offer 'mega-money' for Nicky untill he repeats the feat - by which time he will be out of contract - or naked in the Forest of Dean*.

:yawn:

All I know is

If Maynard wants to sign a new contract, then do it.

It will not stop him from getting the big transfer he wants

So he should say if he wants to stay or go, as it is getting stupid now

Before you say it. "He has said he wants to stay" Then sign the contract, as he knows what is on offer.

I would except £5 million with a large sell on clause.

And then concentrate on our defence.

Depends on who it's to. A Premier League club could have him for 4-5 million and a hefty sell-on clause, plus some bonuses if he plays for England (if he's scoring in the Premier League, why not?)

Leicester or Forest would have to come up with a much, much larger amount.

I don't mind too much if he goes because I'm very confident that Pitman can replace him.

I don't mind too much if he goes because I'm very confident that Pitman can replace him.

Have a look at some of NMs goals, there isn't ANYONE in our squad who can score goals like that on a regular basis, Pitman is a decent player but nowhere near as good as NM........yet.

And Pitman is far slower than NM, there were reasons why BP was replaced so many times last season........hopefully he will step up and surprise me if NM goes.

But Maynard is vital to us, he gives us striking unpredictability (agreed he also lacks some things in his game) but every player has their price, 7m from a championship side, 4m from a PL side.

We would have to spend AT LEAST 2.5m - 3m to get a player anywhere near NMs abilities.....in fact......we would struggle to replace him IMO.

And any possible deal HAS to be pure hard wonga, loads of add ons will not strengthen our squad.

BCAGFC

No option on poll to reject all offers?

With the current situation. Maynard doesn't want to move (only person wanting the move is his agent) unless a Prem club comes calling, I wouldn't sell, unless it does get to stupid money like £7m+

Have a look at some of NMs goals, there isn't ANYONE in our squad who can score goals like that on a regular basis, Pitman is a decent player but nowhere near as good as NM........yet.

Have a look at some of Pitman's. He's scored some real crackers too.

He might not quite be of Maynard's standard right now but I have complete confidence that he could step up if Maynard left.

£7M+ only to a Prem club.

We should not sell our best players to rival clubs - period.

£7M still seems reasonable.

He is a star player at this level.

If LCFC want him that much the price will be silly money, obviously.

I'd rather we ran his contract down than sell him.

IMO sit him down and make it clear if you want to stay sign the contract if he doesn't want to sign put him on the transfer list and see just what interest there is in him.

This has to be sorted so KM can finalise his squad for a good pre season. Nicky Maynard is not bigger than the club and the club need to take the upper hand and not messed around by a good but not brillant striker.

If he was worth 5-6 mill he'd be gone by now the truth is city paid to much for him in the first place

How can you say city paid too much for him? We paid 2.25m for him, the 2009-2010 season he was joint top scorer and won goal of the season (and out scored Andy Carrol). Last season he was injured but made a huge difference when he came back into the squad. His goals have had a positive influence on our league status and that on its own is worth a shed load of money. If he walks at the end of next season then (in my opinion) it was 2.25m well spent.

IMO sit him down and make it clear if you want to stay sign the contract if he doesn't want to sign put him on the transfer list and see just what interest there is in him.

This has to be sorted so KM can finalise his squad for a good pre season. Nicky Maynard is not bigger than the club and the club need to take the upper hand and not messed around by a good but not brillant striker.

I'll tell you what, if you are prepared to go into Ashton Gate when they have returned from Portugal, and explain to Keith Millen that you want young Maynard Jnr to stop being such a Sellfish Rapscallion, sit himself down at his desk and write 500 lines to Headmaster Landdown stating "I will not be a naughty pupil, I will toe the line and stop being inconsiderate and greedy, and stop pretending I am brilliant in the Playground, instead of just good. I will not push into the Tuck shop queue ever again, and of course listen in awe to my sensible betters on the forum who only want what is best for me" Then I promise before I return to Greyfriars, that I will show you the utmost respect, and not just laugh uncontrollably.

Ok then you give me 2.25m to invest.I won't give you nothing in return.and I'll leave in the summer and work for someone else

No - we paid 2.25m for a four year contract. We thought that was a fair price for 4 years of Nicky Maynard. His goals may well have maintained our Championship status over that time, if that is true then 2.25m is insignificant. The revenue being in the championship is much, much higher than being in L1.

I'd rather we ran his contract down than sell him.

Huh? If Maynard runs his contract down thats it he walks away for nothing.

Im really starting to question what WE WILL GET for him. Forget what we think he's worth that is a load of bollox, i think things i own are worth x amount but if somebody rings me up and only offers me so much and thats the only phone call i get then thats it its either sell for that price or nothing.

Why hasn't a prem club got involved is what concerns me. I honestly honestly dont think any are seriously that bothered about him. Cheaper options around the world that will demand less wages aswell.

Im sure your Wigan's Blackburn's etc have a shortlist of strikers they are interested in from all corners of the globe, names we have probably never heard of but will be cheap and worth a punt.They will look at the Maynard situation im sure and see a championship club that dosn't need to sell and are demanding (in there opinion's) silly money for an un-proven player.

I dont know which way this will end up but for the life of me i cant see us getting anywhere near 6 or 7 mill.

Yeah but have we won with maynards goals nothing even when he scored 34 in are play off season if he would have say only say 12 goals it woundn't change are situation we wound still be in the championship

I take your point, but nobody has scored 34 goals in a season for City since Bob Taylor in 1989/90.

Oh, and NM did not play in our play-off season.

:gasmask: ??

Yeah but have we won with maynards goals nothing even when he scored 34 in are play off season if he would have say only say 12 goals it woundn't change are situation we wound still be in the championship

I think you would be very hard pushed to argue against the fact that if we had Maynard in 2007/08 then it would have been the extra firepower we needed to get us over the line for an automatic promotion spot.

Anyway, thats a pointless discussion. £2.25m was a good bit of business, with the same risk attached as any new signing has. the fact that we have just turned down almost £5 million for him and have had him as a key play for recent sesons means your initial point of saying we paid too much for him, makes no sense atall.

This has to be the worst post ever written on this forum. Even without the spelling mistakes, I can't make head nor tail of it...

Apparently Maynard scored 34 in our play off season, but only 12 of them changed a result?

You have to look a whether we can afford to turn down the 3-5 million leicester are offering. If Lansdown is happy to pay for a debt, then we might as well keep him for the season, hope he scores 20 goals again, then a Fulham/West Brom type club will come in and take him (or in Jan if he starts well) and we wont have to play him for years.

If Lansdown won't pay £10 odd million a year much longer, he might want to re-coup some money back to the club i.e. sell our assets.

Leicester are only offering it now because they know they wont be able to compete with Prem clubs at the end of the year.

think of it like this....

You own a classic car, you are very happy with it, you've no particular reason to want to change it, you know overtime (barring an accident or something writting it off & making it worthless) that its value will increase for the next few years.

Someone offers you a significant amout of cash for it (but not silly money) why would you sell?

.. you dont particularly need the cash, and you will have to buy another car to replace it, an equally satisfactory replacement will cost you the going rate meaning you have to spend what you've accepted for the old one & you can only hope you'll be able to find one equally as good as the original anyway (you might end up never finding one).

Unless you no longer need the services of your car (so you wouldnt have to replace it), or have pressing needs for money which can be better spent on something else what would be the point of selling it in the first place? ..... (unless you had a real feeling your beloved motor will let you down sooner rather than later).

Or you could take the good monetary offer for the motor in the belief you could replace it with a bargain buy from elsewhere & pocket a profit... (but could you find a bargain needle in a haystack & beat other bargain hunters to it?)

It would have to be an offer I couldnt refuse - or I'd stick with the motor I'm happy with & know.

Deal or No Deal ?..... as things stand NO DEAL!

Realistically I would put his valuation at around £5m all things considered (length of contract remaining, injury last season)

Charlie Adam signed for Liverpool yesterday for £6.5m - That's for a bloke who has had numerous good seasons in the Championship and A good season in the Premier League which included good performances at Old Trafford, Anfield etc etc.

Ultimately though, if a club doesn't want to sell then his realistic valuation will be below what he ends up being sold for.

Personally, If he still hasn't agreed a new contract by the end of the month, I'd bite your hand off for £5m.

think of it like this....

You own a classic car, you are very happy with it, you've no particular reason to want to change it, you know overtime (barring an accident or something writting it off & making it worthless) that its value will increase for the next few years.

Someone offers you a significant amout of cash for it (but not silly money) why would you sell?

.. you dont particularly need the cash, and you will have to buy another car to replace it, an equally satisfactory replacement will cost you the going rate meaning you have to spend what you've accepted for the old one & you can only hope you'll be able to find one equally as good as the original anyway (you might end up never finding one).

Unless you no longer need the services of your car (so you wouldnt have to replace it), or have pressing needs for money which can be better spent on something else what would be the point of selling it in the first place? ..... (unless you had a real feeling your beloved motor will let you down sooner rather than later).

Or you could take the good monetary offer for the motor in the belief you could replace it with a bargain buy from elsewhere & pocket a profit... (but could you find a bargain needle in a haystack & beat other bargain hunters to it?)

It would have to be an offer I couldnt refuse - or I'd stick with the motor I'm happy with & know.

Deal or No Deal ?..... as things stand NO DEAL!

I own a classic car. It's more like Michael Bridges than Nicky Maynard.

Archived