IGNORED

Millen Interview:

Harito495

Where am I contradicting myself? There is no proof that he could, and did, show an angry authority then, there is proof he can, and does, now.

Why are you trying to stir up an argument when I'm clearly praising KM for his actions now?

I'm not sure you should need to ask this when your best response is 'Keith grew a pair in the last 3 months', give the man some credit, pitiful excuse.

Can't you read or something - I HAVE given KM some credit.doh.gif

I don't need any excuses - I've gone to great lengths to explain myself very clearly on this thread, and I'm not impressed with your snappy, cocky little replies.

Next time you're in the mood for one of your little arguments, don't bother quoting me expecting a reply.

You won't be getting one.

I don't need any excuses - I've gone to great lengths to explain myself very clearly on this thread, and I'm not impressed with your snappy, cocky little replies.

Next time you're in the mood for one of your little arguments, don't bother quoting me expecting a reply.

Nogbad,

your are not allowed to say anything NEGATIVE - everything is perfect as bristol city and millen can do no wrong.

If you voice a negative opinion/criticism - you must be anti millen and your opinion is not valid

Hope this helps

Riaz.

It's worth pointing out in any case that flying into a rage is by no means going to guarantee an improved performance in the next match. It might just as easily have the opposite effect.

Part of the problem with English football is a belief that it all comes down to effort. The players do need to give 100% of course, but a good manager can achieve more with a subtle tactical change than a bad one can with an angry rant. Keith will need to assert himself but whether he shouts and throws things or not is up to him and not necessary for the job in my opinion.

It's worth pointing out in any case that flying into a rage is by no means going to guarantee an improved performance in the next match. It might just as easily have the opposite effect.

Part of the problem with English football is a belief that it all comes down to effort. The players do need to give 100% of course, but a good manager can achieve more with a subtle tactical change than a bad one can with an angry rant. Keith will need to assert himself but whether he shouts and throws things or not is up to him and not necessary for the job in my opinion.

Fair comments.

However....when players make schoolboy errors through poor communication and lack of concentration a bollicking is what needed. It can't be dressed it up any other way.

That said, dishing out the 'hair dryer ' treatment too often will have only limited effect in the long run. Thats part of the problem that Johnson had. His 'hand grenades' eventually became duds.

Fair comments.

However....when players make schoolboy errors through poor communication and lack of concentration a bollicking is what needed. It can't be dressed it up any other way.

That said, dishing out the 'hair dryer ' treatment too often will have only limited effect in the long run. Thats part of the problem that Johnson had. His 'hand grenades' eventually became duds.

As always it's about getting a balance. The players need to know that such slackness is unacceptable and won't be tolerated, but they probably don't need to know about every time they've messed up. They'll know when it's happened well enough without being shouted at.

On the other hand, Brian Clough had something called the "theory of cumulation" whereby he could spot the little mistakes that over time compounded into a big difference. Spot those, often innocuous looking errors and get them cut out and there ought to be fewer of the "big" mistakes (e.g. the goalkeeper may make an apparent howler but if the centre-forward doesn't make a daft pass a minute earlier then the shot doesn't even come in)

Quite so. How many times have we heard, be it with the national side or at club level calls for 'passion' 'leaders' (by which it can mean a noisy presence). Managers may seem placid and quiet but still can do an excellent job tactically speaking- Benitez is an example. Okay his star has dipped a bit lately but overall he wasn't a big ranter and a raver, was described as aloof etc but yet was especially in CL ties an excellent tactican- especially over 2 legs. Big PL games too, more than one way to skin a cat etc.

Whatever Noggin, you were quick to mock him last season for not laying into the players on no evidence and quick to praise him for doing so this (first game of pre-season no less), make your mind up.

Sorry for not impressing you :pacifier:

Nogbad,

your are not allowed to say anything NEGATIVE - everything is perfect as bristol city and millen can do no wrong.

If you voice a negative opinion/criticism - you must be anti millen and your opinion is not valid

Hope this helps

Riaz.

Ignorant, inaccurate and irrelevant, there's a first from you.

Archived