IGNORED

More Injuries!

FanaticRed

Maynard seemed happy with the level of recoverey he got when he scored his first goal back last season he ran to the bench and pointed at the medical staff.

After more than half the season out!

Let's read the team news on August 6th and see which sides have more injuries than ours. Maybe FR and my concerns are unfounded.

But no-one could dispute, if that is the case, that we seem to have been very 'unlucky' with injuries in the pre- and early seasons of late.

After more than half the season out!

Let's read the team news on August 6th and see which sides have more injuries than ours. Maybe FR and my concerns are unfounded.

But no-one could dispute, if that is the case, that we seem to have been very 'unlucky' with injuries in the pre- and early seasons of late.

None of the players not available for the two coming games seem that serious, like you say judge it for the Ipswich game and see who is available, i would imagine every side in the country have players with bumps and bruises from pre season, if it was the season i would think these players would be available, but why take any risk in pre season with players with minor knocks.

None of the players not available for the two coming games seem that serious, like you say judge it for the Ipswich game and see who is available, i would imagine every side in the country have players with bumps and bruises from pre season, if it was the season i would think these players would be available, but why take any risk in pre season with players with minor knocks.

Can't argue with that last point R78. My fingers are crossed that my fears are unfounded. We all want the best for the club, after all. :)

OK....`the question is WHY?`

The answer is, they are proffesional sportsmen, in a highly demanding professional sport. Every club will pick up injuries. What we don`t know are the seriousness of the injuries. They could be minor that common sense says just need to be rested. I`m sorry, are you in a better position to diagnose these injuries than our own fitness/medical staff?

And on that note.........`do we need to look at our fitness staff?`

Are you implying that our fitness coach is not up to the task. That the board in handing out a new 12 month contract are also inept ?

Nothing in this world is perfect. Yes, as Spudski noted in another thread, mistakes are made. But the fact is shit happens, regardless of how hard you try to employ the right personnel, employ the best techniques and to impliment the best schedule.

How about having some faith that in all aspects of running BCFC EVERYONE at the club is doing their best to get the best out of the players. That the staff employed by the club are doing their best.

I have hopes and expectations for the coming season..admittedly they might not be as high as some ( i think anywhere around 10th would be OK, anything better would be fantastic), however, the news that a couple of players have picked up knocks hasn`t changed my expectations.

Your comments were alarmist and over the top and IMO completely unwarranted..feel free to debate that.

PDG

I will take on your debate

Sorry but isn't that what the Banks and the government said for the last 10 years before realizing that they had screwed everything up? Just have a little bit of faith, trust us we know what were doing. I would rather base my opinions on the evidence at hand and what I see happening and relating it to experiences I already have - professionals do screw up even when they are doing everything they can to get it right.

Im with FR on this one in that I am concerned with the way pre-season is going. Do you have no concerns what so ever that we haven't signed a defender or that we are conceding goals to these lower league opponents or that we have had 7 injury's (far more than a few knocks)? no ones saying that were going to go bust or even get relegated but to me this pre season so far has been far from ideal.

lets pick apart what was said:

Neil Kilkenny and Bobby Reid are the latest players to pick up injuries (7 players out in total already). - This is all true as far as I cant tell.

The amount of injuries we seem to be getting really concerns me, last season was exactly the same... - It concerns me as well and last season was similar.

This pre season is fast becoming a nightmare and draws so many comparisons with last year, - If the injuries continue to rack up then yes it will be a (for want of a better word) "nightmare" and yes it would then draw comparisons to last year but he did say becoming so this is all fair as far as I can see.

The question is WHY? - OK so his question is why this is obviously the point that he would like to debate, and I also would be keen to hear peoples opinions on why they think this is happening? Are you not interested to know if it is possible to root out why were having these issues.

do we need to look at our fitness staff? - once again a very valid question, Kunle has been with us both seasons we have had these injury issues, Keith was here before Kunle so knew what we were doing when we weren't getting these issues so I would hope he can play a little spot the difference and see where it is different (I am not saying that Kunle is the issue).

somthing doesnt add up! with every passing day my hopes and expectations for the coming season fade more are more! :disapointed2se: - There is nothing to add up IMO but he is fully entitled to the opinion that the his hopes and expectations are fading for the season.

I really don't see what the problem is with any of this? You just seem like a bully to me that is having a go at someone because they cant express themselves in what some would deem a "proper" way - and quite frankly this aint mastermind and non of us are being paid so who really cares how he presents it.

You don't have freedom of speech to use it to demean, persecute or oppress others.

Sorry but isn't that what the Banks and the government said for the last 10 years before realizing that they had screwed everything up? Just have a little bit of faith, trust us we know what were doing. I would rather base my opinions on the evidence at hand and what I see happening and relating it to experiences I already have - professionals do screw up even when they are doing everything they can to get it right.

Im with FR on this one in that I am concerned with the way pre-season is going. Do you have no concerns what so ever that we haven't signed a defender or that we are conceding goals to these lower league opponents or that we have had 7 injury's (far more than a few knocks)? no ones saying that were going to go bust or even get relegated but to me this pre season so far has been far from ideal.

Neil Kilkenny and Bobby Reid are the latest players to pick up injuries (7 players out in total already). - This is all true as far as I cant tell.

The amount of injuries we seem to be getting really concerns me, last season was exactly the same... - It concerns me as well and last season was similar.

This pre season is fast becoming a nightmare and draws so many comparisons with last year, - If the injuries continue to rack up then yes it will be a (for want of a better word) "nightmare" and yes it would then draw comparisons to last year but he did say becoming so this is all fair as far as I can see.

The question is WHY? - OK so his question is why this is obviously the point that he would like to debate, and I also would be keen to hear peoples opinions on why they think this is happening? Are you not interested to know if it is possible to root out why were having these issues.

do we need to look at our fitness staff? - once again a very valid question, Kunle has been with us both seasons we have had these injury issues, Keith was here before Kunle so knew what we were doing when we weren't getting these issues so I would hope he can play a little spot the difference and see where it is different (I am not saying that Kunle is the issue).

somthing doesnt add up! with every passing day my hopes and expectations for the coming season fade more are more! :disapointed2se: - There is nothing to add up IMO but he is fully entitled to the opinion that the his hopes and expectations are fading for the season.

I really don't see what the problem is with any of this? You just seem like a bully to me that is having a go at someone because they cant express themselves in what some would deem a "proper" way - and quite frankly this aint mastermind and non of us are being paid so who really cares how he presents it.

You don't have freedom of speech to use it to demean, persecute and oppress others.

Agree.

You don't have freedom of speech to use it to demean, persecute or oppress others.

And you re doing.........what ? I give up with this forum........the vast majority of you are welcome to enjoy each others misery.

PDG

One thing worth noting is that physios and fitness coaches can't do much to prevent impact injuries during games that come from challenges.

Our injuries at the moment appear to be in that category.

I'd be concerned if we had lots of muscle strains and tears from players pulling up running, kicking or doing non contact training.

We never used to get as many injuries when previous managers used to throttle them in pre-season, now all this technical stuff seems to cause problems.

I don't think you can beat a good old fashioned cross country/beach run for fitness.

Have we been really unlucky or is it the type of player we have now (ie: not workhorses like we used to have?).

BCAGFC

I think you are absolutely spot on, during my football career in the 70,s the players were as fit if not fitter than they are now and the training methodology was based on Stamina and lower body strength that is to say waist downwards. We didnt have fellow professionals in the teams I played for with rippling upper torsos, earings and Tramlines... but we all had strong and well developed thigh and calf Muscles.

Hamstring injuries were not that common and Cruiciate ruptures even rarer.... a bad injury was normally a sprain, dislocation, bruising from a good kicking or at worse, a broken leg, which were perhaps more common than now. Broken noses were common at least a dozen if not more a season.

The boots and stud arrangements were better, I wore moulded boots all season unless it was really wet when i would reluctantly use a screw-in. Current trend is to use a bladed sole which I have no doubt is contributing to many injuries..they bite into the turf like an anchor and stop lateral movement of the leg joints.

I wish I had a sov for every morning we pounded up Redcar beach.... or Goodridge sands at the back end of my career.

When playing in the NE we had an ex Army PE instructor who had us running up a 1 : 4 wooded valley with ankle weights and a 30lb kit ruck on our backs 3 times a week before training even started...many of us used to puke... he was totally insane...

If you took a knock you were so worried about losing your place that you ran through the pain and made sure you got to the end the match and had time to recover, minor knocks and sprains you ran off. I collided with a CH once that needed 7 stitches in my head at HT ( no anaesthetic ) and he lost two front teeth...we both lined up for the second half..!

Im not syaing for one minute that our current crop of footballers arent fit but many of them are so sure of their 3-5 k per week that the slightest injurry and they are either rolling around on the deck or waving to come off. Most are a complete bunch of Pansies..

Now we have Fitness coaches, physiotherapists, Sports Phycologists end the like.... they might well be state of the Art but they dont seem to be doing a lot of good.........

Then again, our foreign counterparts in Spain and Italy have few football injuries by comparison, primarily because they spend most their time trying to play football the proper way,on their feet rather than their backside.

And you re doing.........what ? I give up with this forum........the vast majority of you are welcome to enjoy each others misery.

PDG

I am responding to your belittling of the original poster in relation to his original post and pointing out where I believe he is correct and why I believe you (and a few others) are wrong to belittle him IMO.

I am pissed off that every post I read that isn't "yay everything perfect" is followed by a stream of posts berating and belittling the poster without any intent of answering and debating any of the points raised - im sorry to hear you give up with the forum but I honestly believe you have gotten to the point where you could probably do with a break anyway.

My hope is that it will be intellectually stimulating misery laughcont.gif!

I am pissed off that every post I read that isn't "yay everything perfect"

It's mainly every thread that is whinging about something already perfectly adequately whinged about in half a dozen other threads on the front page on the same topic. Namely, signing defenders.

This one was different and I agree didn't really need any arsey remarks.

It's mainly every thread that is whinging about something already perfectly adequately whinged about in half a dozen other threads on the front page on the same topic. Namely, signing defenders.

This one was different and I agree didn't really need any arsey remarks.

Nibor arsey remarks makes this forum, reading this forum and seeing the Murdoch squirm under pressure is fun, most people on her love city some people just like to put points across because they are educated and say things in proper English.

One thing worth noting is that physios and fitness coaches can't do much to prevent impact injuries during games that come from challenges.

Our injuries at the moment appear to be in that category.

I'd be concerned if we had lots of muscle strains and tears from players pulling up running, kicking or doing non contact training.

A very good point there nibor. Im not entirely sure what the injuries are but I believe only wilson's is muscular. (that I know of anyway)

• Admin

I suspect that many of our current "injuries" are merely knocks that, whilst leads to us not risking the player in a pre-season friendly, would not rule the players out of a Championship fixture. Contrast this to last season and we were already without our then first choice strike pairing of Maynard & Haynes, a reasonable centre-half pairing in Nyatanga & Carey, new signing Kalifa Cissé plus the seemingly perennially broken pair of Ribeiro & Wilson, all to long term injuries. The majority of these players hadn't even played a minute of the friendly matches which had the knock on effect of meaning other players were over-played.

This season only Fontaine is yet to play & of the injuries, only Pitman appears to have a worrying injury (no-one really considers Ribeiro an option do they?) and if Maynard (who appears to be in tip-top form already) ends up staying then Brett is only the backup striker anyway. Regardless, I am confident that come the opening day we will be putting out a significantly stronger front pairing than last year's Sproule/Clarkson partnership!

Strange, I'm sure when I made some constructive criticism of our apparent weight training methods I was shot down by the experts.

Once again our methods are being questioned...ho hum...

Thankfully nothing 'suspect' about current injuries, routine & par for the course I'd say... (& it appears not too serious either :fingerscrossed: in these cases at least)

Striker and midfielder sidelined.

View the full article

Pitman's sounds a lot like shin splints. That can be a real nuisance injury. Was it Andy Cole that suffered badly with that?

Shin splints is a lot of pain and is usually caused by to much impact before the bone has got used to impact. Something that can be quite easy to avoid A) for a professional keeping himself in fitness over the summer and B) assessing performance on return by trained staff.

Archived