IGNORED

Lee Peacock 50/50

Guest Anduril

Guest Anduril

Not that I have anything against the guy, he tries hard and works hard, but this season has not scored as many goals as he should have, especially in the last 10-15 games.

Our best chance of a win comes if we start with Roberts and Rougier up front, Murray and Goodfellow on the flanks ...

Guest Anduril

Rougier is HOT HOT HOT at present, Lita isn't (hasn't had the chance to be, to be honest) ... so I would start Rougier, Lita is there if needed, but if needed Danny needs to give him half an hour not the usual 3 mins 40 secs!

Guest stevey2005

rougier is a class player no1 would say he isnt but like some people have mentioned hes not really a striker and against hartlepool in second leg didnt do as well upfront as he does on the wing i think miller would be the ideal replacement (personally id prefer lita) but i dont think either of these two will start as its such a big game and they havent played regulary of late i cant c dw playing them as it may be too much of a risk playing players who are not match fit

Guest dez_gimred

how fickle are you? hes our top scorer and has done the business on many occasions..

but this season has not scored as many goals as he should have

nor has miller, roberts etc...drop them too then yeh?

Miller has probably played about half the minutes peacock has and scored 9 goals , roberts has played no where near that amount and scored 8. To put things into perspective i think peacock has started and finnished something like 45 games this season , his goals per game ratio must be cack.

oooo thanks for reminding me I meant to post a similar thread at about 5p.m. today but my line would have been ...... good, but if Lee Peacock was on 25/25 Danny would play him.

Not meant to be nasty to Lee but we seem to play better without him.

If you play and score I'll still be cheering you but I'm two faced like that :laugh:

COME ON YOU REDS!

Guest bcfcsols

I may offend quite a few people here, but if Peacocks fit I reckon Wilson should (and probably will! :laugh: ) start him. Against Hartlepool I noticed Lees truth worth to the strike force when he was removed - although he hasnt been shooting well (and yes hes still our top scorer) he definitely adds a Heskey dimension which I think would help against a defensive Brighton.

One other thing though is that should Peacock not look 100% fit or comitted, then super sub GOODFELLOW (not Lita) should replace him and by no means should Robbo be removed in Cardiff unless hes injured.

I may offend quite a few people here, but if Peacocks fit I reckon Wilson should (and probably will! :laugh: ) start him. Against Hartlepool I noticed Lees truth worth to the strike force when he was removed - although he hasnt been shooting well (and yes hes still our top scorer) he definitely adds a Heskey dimension which I think would help against a defensive Brighton.

One other thing though is that should Peacock not look 100% fit or comitted, then super sub GOODFELLOW (not Lita) should replace him and by no means should Robbo be removed in Cardiff unless hes injured.

Why would that offend anyone ...... it's a fair opinion, not mine but fair comment.

I do think perhaps a Miller/Roberts partnership up front would better serve our cause, but I wouldn't wish injury on any City player, particularly before such a big game. Miller and Roberts tore Brighton apart first time round.

I would, however, prefer to start with Peacock up front rather than Rougier or Lita. Playing Rougier there is a waste of his talents. He's not a centre forward, he's a highly skilled winger. And Lita is most effective coming on later in the game when he can tear a defence already tired by Roberts' running apart.

And let's face it, if Peacock can limp onto the pitch on crutches Danny will pick him.

Guest bcfcsols
Why would that offend anyone ...... it's a fair opinion, not mine but fair comment.
Well you've got to watch your back on this sort of thing where emotions can fly high... :laugh:

I do think perhaps a Miller/Roberts partnership up front would better serve our cause, but I wouldn't wish injury on any City player, particularly before such a big game. Miller and Roberts tore Brighton apart first time round.

I would, however, prefer to start with Peacock up front rather than Rougier or Lita. Playing Rougier there is a waste of his talents. He's not a centre forward, he's a highly skilled winger. And Lita is most effective coming on later in the game when he can tear a defence already tired by Roberts' running apart.

And let's face it, if Peacock can limp onto the pitch on crutches Danny will pick him.

I agree with Red Top but I have a nagging doubt that Lee Miller's head might not be right. He is prone to being down on himself, to the extent that he seems to have an official spokesperson who posts here, saying everything's all right really and he's just having a break...

Having said that I personally hope Miller does play because Peacock won't be 100% judging from what he's said on the website today. The last thing we need is someone limping off after 20 minutes. Miller is the future and as long as he's up for it, will do us proud up front with Christian.

Guest bemmyred
how fickle are you? hes our top scorer and has done the business on many occasions..

nor has miller, roberts etc...drop them too then yeh?

Its a good bet that Roberts return for the season would have been better than Peacocks had he been given as many games up front as him.

Wilson obscession for continually picking Peacock all season has already cost City automatic promotion , one more wrong selection up front will have dire consequences!!!!!!!!

I'm not the greatest Peacock fan but I think it would be a shame for any player who has been almost ever present to miss the final.

I'm sure Danny will play him , after all he has played often before when not fully fit. I hope Danny will have at least the sense to pick his subs with the knowledge that Peacock might not finish the game. :laugh:

I don't usually agree with starting players who are not fit, waste of a sub and messes the team up, but this is Danny and peacock in question here. Accept it he will play! :o

As a fan I would be disappointed if Lee P saw the title of this posting.

This guy is our player of the season whether we like it or not,if it werent for the assists and goals he scored earlier in the season as well as those against our promotion rivals we would not be in the play offs.As far as Danny and team selection goes,what motivation could he have for picking LP if he was not good enough to start,especially at this point in time with so much at stake?

Let me outline in my opinion why Lee is played week in week out,

Lee Miller- lacks experience and confidence at this level

Leroy Lita - too lightweight against big defenders

Christian Roberts-inconsistent

Ok I'm being harsh to the players above and I think they will all develop in time,but I think LP deserves some respect,which he got when he was taken off against Hartlepool to a standing ovation,after struggling on in pain for 10 minutes or :Sleep12: so.

Lee P may not be pretty to watch right now but...

This guy is our player of the season whether we like it or not,if it werent for the assists and goals he scored earlier in the season as well as those against our promotion rivals we would nt be in the play offs.As far as Danny and team selection goes,what motivation could he have for picking LP if he was not good enough to start,especially at this point in time with so much at stake?

Let me outline in my opinion why Lee is played week in week out,

Lee Miller- lacks experience and confidence at this level

Leroy Lita - too lightweight against big defenders

Christian Roberts-inconsistent

Ok I'm being harsh to the players above and I think they will all develop in time,but I think LP deserves some respect,which he got when he was taken off against Hartlepool to a standing ovation,after struggling on in pain for 10 minutes or :Sleep12: so.

How can he be our player of the season, there have been players that have been much more consistant then him, how can a striker who is apparently consistantly performing have a wonderous 15 goals while a supposedly inconsistant striker who has played sod all in his proper position has 9 is it now Robbos's on ?

Brown i think still has more assists than peacock, and remember Robbo had more assists than anyone bar Scotty last season. I would start Lee if he's fit on sunday and to be honest if he is doubtful i would start him, but i'd start any doubtful player, because if you are wrong and they do break down you have only lost 1 substitution but if you bring on someone who is doubtful and they break down you have in effect wasted 2 substitutions.

He is prone to being down on himself, to the extent that he seems to have an official spokesperson who posts here, saying everything's all right really and he's just having a break...

I will take this as a dig at me shall i ?????? :laugh:

Guest bristolbred

I'm NOT a Peacock lover, he hasn't been scoring the goals we expected from him, but in his defense, he does play well in midfield!!. :D

But that hair do has got to go!!, i'm sorry but it is worse than some of those Roberts has tried out this season!!. :P

Roberts will be more fired up than usual, as we are playing in Cardiff, and he can celibrate when scoring, without repercussions to his family, and maybe, just maybe, those who have knocked him all season, just because of who he is, will get off of his back!!. :wub:

Miller needs a chance to prove himself once and for all, in front of a huge crowd, and to Danny Wilson, that he can do the job thats asked of him!!, ( ;-) for Grannyjoy!). :wub:

So Roberts and Miller to start!!!.

And the man of the moment to start on the right wing!!. That's the Rev Rougier to those who don't know the main man!!. And if it's stalemate at half-time, switch Rougier to the left, and bring Scotty on for the right!!. :laugh:

:laugh::o:laugh:

Although I haven't been happy with his goal ratio in the 2nd half of the season,

I say if Peacock is 100% fit then you must play him. When he went off against

Hartlepool we totally lost our shape up front for (most of!) the remainder of the

game. A lot of people say Miller should get a chance because he can do the same

for the team as Peacock, but I believe Miller is too short on confidence at the

moment.

Get off Peacocks back, there are very few players who work as hard as he

does for the side.

Frankly, I was appalled by this heading. I could never wish any player, particularly one of ours, misses a huge career game through injury.

I very much hope he is fit and is available for selection. Assuming the intention was to have a debate as to whether he should have a starting place, that is fair enough.

But to hope he remains injured - no, not for me I am afraid.

Guest blairhater

With the injury LP sustained, i would be extremely surprised if he was able to take to the field on sunday.{My view is based on personal experience of similar injuries, seeing him in discomfort on sunday and more information which would be unfair to divulge}.

Whoever plays upfront on sunday, i'm sure will do us proud.

Miller and Roberts for me, with Rouge on the left and Ruby on the right, with the threat of Lita and Goodfellow on the bench. Fortune should also be involved imo.

Lets get at them early.

Start with Miller/Roberts, and bring on Leapy, 2nd half if anything, and I'd agree with the comment DONT take Robbo off unless he's injured-form striker, and he wants like hell to prove the people who released him wrong, in his home town.

Keep Leroy, and Goodfellow, and if he's fit Mickey Bell for the bench, specially if we have to go the penalties route...and if the side which beat QPR and Plymouth turn out, we should do it...dont wanna think what will happen if the other City turn out....to say I aint a Wilson fan is an understatement, BUT he's got this far, and I'd like to think we can now do it...so Danny boy, motivate the boys, its real close now...Come on you Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeds

I will take this as a dig at me shall i ??????  :laugh:

Not at all and apologies if it was taken as such.

As I said in my post, Miller is the future of this club - I think his all round game is superior to Peacock. However, as anyone who works in PR or the media will tell you, by 'protesting too much', the impression is given that something is indeed up. How many times do we hear the vote of confidence leading to the sack or see the badge-kisser pledge undying love to a club and then walk?

My point is that Lee doesn't need to tell us that everything is okay, because us conspiracy theorists then think something really is wrong!

I repeat, I think he'll start in Cardiff because Peacock looks unlikely to be fit. I also think he'll do well and if I am cast as the miserable git who inspires him to become a matchwinner, then I shall be the happiest man in south Wales.

Playing like heskey will not help, we need strikers who can score!

Guest Anduril
Although I haven't been happy with his goal ratio in the 2nd half of the season,

I say if Peacock is 100% fit then you must play him. When he went off against

Hartlepool we totally lost our shape up front for (most of!) the remainder of the

game. A lot of people say Miller should get a chance because he can do the same

for the team as Peacock, but I believe Miller is too short on confidence at the

moment.

Get off Peacocks back, there are very few players who work as hard as he

does for the side.

This is complete rubbish - when Tony went up front we looked far more threatening than with Peacock ... whether or not Tony's best position is wing or striker, in our team, with our squad,striker has to be his best position given that Peacock's goal scoring has (hopefully temporarily) deserted him. Murray is our best player and must start, we have little up front other thasn Roberts at present, ipso facto QED Rougier plays striker.

Guest pentlandsl

When LP went off against Hartlepool we suddenly stopped giving stupid free kicks away when we were attacking, we looked much more dangerous and ALL the players got back quickly when an attack broke down, unlike when LP is playing - he often jogs back from a broken attack, totally out of the game, leaving us to play as if we had 10 men.

I don't think we would have won if he hadn't got injured.

I don't wish him ill but he hasn't cut the mustard this year.

Miller and Roberts for me, with Lita to come on in the second half if needed.

Archived