IGNORED

Open Day - Plenty To Do And See

thatcham red

As usual the Supporters Club & Trust will be at the Open Day on Sunday from 9am.

We are taking a break from helium filled balloons this year, however, if you venture over to our stand you will find:

• The Safe Standing Roadshow displaying the ideal solution in the form of "Rail Seats", supported by some of the East End flags
  • A tombola with lots of signed memorabilia to win including books, shirts, posters signed by the ashton Gate Eight, City players (current and former) and first team squads from Premier and football league clubs

• We also have copies of publications like "City 'til I Die" and "82 - The Year Bristol City Nearly Died"
  • Look out for the flyers detailing a special event being planned for later this year to mark the inaugural "Bristol City Hall of Fame"

• Find out more about the merger of the Supporters Club & Trust and how you can join

Anything we raise via the Tombola will, of course, go towards the Atyeo Statue Fund.

Come over and see us, all ages welcome, no Lemon Peel required...................

As usual the Supporters Club & Trust will be at the Open Day on Sunday from 9am.

We are taking a break from helium filled balloons this year, however, if you venture over to our stand you will find:

• The Safe Standing Roadshow displaying the ideal solution in the form of "Rail Seats", supported by some of the East End flags
  • A tombola with lots of signed memorabilia to win including books, shirts, posters signed by the ashton Gate Eight, City players (current and former) and first team squads from Premier and football league clubs

• We also have copies of publications like "City 'til I Die" and "82 - The Year Bristol City Nearly Died"
  • Look out for the flyers detailing a special event being planned for later this year to mark the inaugural "Bristol City Hall of Fame"

• Find out more about the merger of the Supporters Club & Trust and how you can join

Anything we raise via the Tombola will, of course, go towards the Atyeo Statue Fund.

Come over and see us, all ages welcome, no Lemon Peel required...................

Will the roadshow be present after 12.00?

Did you not see the update this week? The q and a is now open to all. They just can't use the DEH because there is a wedding in there.

In answer to Frome Valleys question, I would think the unit will still be there until open day finishes at 1pm. Having just helped lift the unit out of the back of a van, I can vouch for the fact that it's not a quick pack away jobby.

Was tempted to go until this BTP shite.

My 6 year old boy can't take part because I've not spent £70 on bright yellow polyester! why does everything have to turn into a money making exercise?

.....because the club are trying their utmost to recoup some of the £12m it lost in the last financial year?

I personally think its a good idea and I dont blame them one bit for doing it.

.....because the club are trying their utmost to recoup some of the £12m it lost in the last financial year?

I personally think its a good idea and I dont blame them one bit for doing it.

Using a shirt bearing the words "communuty trust" at what is as supposedly a free communuty event and then turning the events main focus as a commercial function is tawdry.

Yep, until the final stragglers wander off home. So come along - all welcome!

Any chance of club officials players being photographed on the display?

Using a shirt bearing the words "communuty trust" at what is as supposedly a free communuty event and then turning the events main focus as a commercial function is tawdry.

It's more of an incentive to buy the away shirt which traditionally sells badly. I don't see the problem really you can still meet the players, listen to the Q&A and be a part of things. Why does everyone love moaning on here?

It's more of an incentive to buy the away shirt which traditionally sells badly. I don't see the problem really you can still meet the players, listen to the Q&A and be a part of things. Why does everyone love moaning on here?

I couldn't give a rats arse but when you have to explain to a six year old he can't be in the team photo because I haven't bought him the new away top it does bug me that a supposedly fun open day is turned in to a money making exercise, I guess that's the whole point,Im supposed to feel guilty now and rush out buy the new top! As if, I've just found something else to do with my boy tomorrow.

It not a moan it fair and valid point.

I couldn't give a rats arse but when you have to explain to a six year old he can't be in the team photo because I haven't bought him the new away top it does bug me that a supposedly fun open day is turned in to a money making exercise, I guess that's the whole point,Im supposed to feel guilty now and rush out buy the new top! As if, I've just found something else to do with my boy tomorrow.

It not a moan it fair and valid point.

There has never been the opportunity to take part in the team photo before. This idea was always marketed around the new away strip. It's got nothing to do with pressuring people ad everything to do with adding an incentive to you purchasing something the club needs to sell to stay afloat. It's exactly the same as getting 10p off a litre of fuel at sainsbury's when you spend £60.

Hardly fair to blame the club if your children would react to not being allowed something.

I can't believe some people are so bitter about this team photo thing.

Steve Lansdown and the board covered a £12m loss last year.

You say it's "tawdry" for doing it? Is the fact Steve Lansdown has single handidly covered our losses whilst trying to deliver us the stadium of our dreams "tawdry" to? If they want to try and make a bit of money, fair play to them.

• SC&T Board Members

If any of them would like to take a look and be photographed, I'll have my camera ready.

Oxford United's players were happy to oblige at their recent open day:

Oxford%20players%20800.jpg?height=200&width=200

PS: Sorry about all that blue!

Quit whining, you didn't lose out as a result of not buying the shirt, there wouldn't have been a BTP if the new shirt wasn't out, they're using it as an incentive for people to buy it in the same way they do STs with club shop discounts and priority tickets. You haven't missed out, they've been given something extra. It's perfectly fair and the open day to you is exactly as it would be normally.

Quit whining, you didn't lose out as a result of not buying the shirt, there wouldn't have been a BTP if the new shirt wasn't out, they're using it as an incentive for people to buy it in the same way they do STs with club shop discounts and priority tickets. You haven't missed out, they've been given something extra. It's perfectly fair and the open day to you is exactly as it would be normally.

This.

I can't believe some people are so bitter about this team photo thing.

Steve Lansdown and the board covered a £12m loss last year.

A loss which equals debt which has to be repaid one day, unless Steve Lansdown decides to write it off.

You could say the board are to be commended for underwriting losses, on the other hand you could say the board are irresponsible for allowing them to happen in the first place.

You have to ask the question, where do all these losses go, not just Bristol City, but the whole of football. The answer is straight into the pockets of players and their agents. If the whole of football did not fund such losses the product would be exactly the same, but footballers would have less in their pockets. Personally I would have thought that the boards of football clubs, rather than ploughing personal wealth into their clubs but all the while having every intention of being repaid one day, would be better off lobbying to support and extend the financial fair play proposals.

Going back to the OP, well I think he has a point. The clue is:"Open Day". I take that to mean access to everybody on an equal footing, which in the case of the team photo, clearly it isnt.

I dont personally see it as a big deal - my 10 year old has a view along the lines of why would anyone want to be in a team photo wearing a yellow rather than red shirt anyway - but that doesnt detract from the validity of the point.

This. Some people will really take any opportunity to moan.

My family have the new red kit [or will have sunday] this is not good enough to be included. As it is I think any child should be allowed to take part regardless of their parents income.

I would question how excluding children from a photograph is anyway comunity spirited and encourages further support at an event that is supposed to be free and open.

My young son misses out not me. No need to do it.

Well done City.

My young son misses out not me. No need to do it.

Well done City.

If it gets more money through the superstore checkout well done them. If you bothered reading and had some grasp of trends you would notice that there has not been a 'Big Team Photo' before, your son is not missing out. Those who buy the new shirt are gaining some incentive of doing so, it doesn't make open day worse for everyone else because it's exactly how it was before. Lighten up.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnyywaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

Its Open Day tomorrow, those of you who are coming, feel free to pop along to the Supporters Club and Trust stand, see what the Safe Standing roadshow is all about, come and try and win one of our raffle prizes, and find out about the event we are planning in September.

And someone bring me a cuppa! :innocent06:

I'm sorry but maybe you should get yourself banned, at least we wouldn't have to read your negative drivel on every subject and you could move on with your life because reading this forum is obviously a source of deep depression for you. Now your being patronising about other posters private lives? Dear me, you've just embarrised yourself fella. Oh and before you mention it, i'm just about to add you to ignore as i'm sure many other already have.

To everyone else who decide to attend the open day, have a fun day. :city:

I do love a drunken rant :drunk2:

Boo hoo....That nasty Melksham Red keeps writing horrible honest things, why can't can't he be like the rest of us and purchase a pair of red tinted blinkers(retail at the clubshop for £39.99, youth sizes £29.99) then he'd be like me and would write nice fluffy things that would make me feel nice and tingly inside!

I'm not playing with him anymore and I'm taking my ball home with me :crying: :crying:

Archived