IGNORED

Open Day - Plenty To Do And See

thatcham red

This is just a good way of making some money creativly, I don't be-grudge the club at all for this creative thinking.

I actually love ideas like this, I can't afford it, but I don't mind the club making money with some creativity.

I always liked the idea adopted by Alaves in about 10 years ago, when their away shirt had the names of everyone who bought a season ticket within the shirt itself. It served a dual purpose, boosted season tickets so people could have a shirt with their name on it which equaled more shirt sales in general.

My family have the new red kit [or will have sunday] this is not good enough to be included. As it is I think any child should be allowed to take part regardless of their parents income.

I would question how excluding children from a photograph is anyway comunity spirited and encourages further support at an event that is supposed to be free and open.

I feel sorry for your kids, parents telling them they are entitled to everything and bemoaning an event that is FREE and gives them lots of activities to do, chances to meet players, fun to be had.Instead moaning that it's unfair because they do not qualify for one part.... poor kids, glad my parents did not cut of my ears to spite my nose.

There is one thing people can't do without the yellow shirt, and that's the picture.

You still get to meet the players etc, go to the Q and A, everything apart from TBP.

If your kid really goes "I hated today, I met David James, Albert, Maynard and all of the top players, got their autographs and pictures with them. But wanted a picture with all of them at once where I was unlikely to sit really close to them." Then he/she should not be so spoilt! They got to do everything the same as last year just not the picture, life isn't fair.

Nobody is moaning about the fair ground rides not being free.

But on the other hand the 12 million loss excuse is poor. Selling a few more away shirts will not cover that loss.

I do love a drunken rant :drunk2:

Boo hoo....That nasty Melksham Red keeps writing horrible honest things, why can't can't he be like the rest of us and purchase a pair of red tinted blinkers(retail at the clubshop for £39.99, youth sizes £29.99) then he'd be like me and would write nice fluffy things that would make me feel nice and tingly inside!

I'm not playing with him anymore and I'm taking my ball home with me :crying: :crying:

So the reason your kids aren't educated that some things are money oriented & he's not actually lost out in any sense is because you don't understand either. If you'd told us this at the start you could have saved everyone a lot of bother.

There is one thing people can't do without the yellow shirt, and that's the picture.

You still get to meet the players etc, go to the Q and A, everything apart from TBP.

If your kid really goes "I hated today, I met David James, Albert, Maynard and all of the top players, got their autographs and pictures with them. But wanted a picture with all of them at once where I was unlikely to sit really close to them." Then he/she should not be so spoilt! They got to do everything the same as last year just not the picture, life isn't fair.

Nobody is moaning about the fair ground rides not being free.

But on the other hand the 12 million loss excuse is poor. Selling a few more away shirts will not cover that loss.

I took my Son (who isn't in to Football at all), he loved geting the Autographs and having his picture taken with the Players :clapping:

A loss which equals debt which has to be repaid one day, unless Steve Lansdown decides to write it off.

You could say the board are to be commended for underwriting losses, on the other hand you could say the board are irresponsible for allowing them to happen in the first place.

You have to ask the question, where do all these losses go, not just Bristol City, but the whole of football. The answer is straight into the pockets of players and their agents. If the whole of football did not fund such losses the product would be exactly the same, but footballers would have less in their pockets. Personally I would have thought that the boards of football clubs, rather than ploughing personal wealth into their clubs but all the while having every intention of being repaid one day, would be better off lobbying to support and extend the financial fair play proposals.

Going back to the OP, well I think he has a point. The clue is:"Open Day". I take that to mean access to everybody on an equal footing, which in the case of the team photo, clearly it isnt.

I dont personally see it as a big deal - my 10 year old has a view along the lines of why would anyone want to be in a team photo wearing a yellow rather than red shirt anyway - but that doesnt detract from the validity of the point.

Nick, agree 100%

So the reason your kids aren't educated that some things are money oriented & he's not actually lost out in any sense is because you don't understand either. If you'd told us this at the start you could have saved everyone a lot of bother.

In fairness mate my 6 year old could of wrote what you did far better.

Your post makes no sense my good man. Read if back for yourself! I would suggest if you're going to have a dig you preview your posts before pressing the summit button!

Don't you mean 'could have wrote'?

Your post makes no sense my good man. Read if back for yourself! I would suggest if you're going to have a dig you preview your posts before pressing the summit button!

Don't you mean 'could have wrote'?

Give it a rest you two. Its pathetic and no-one cares. If you want to argue do it by private messaging or something.

Grow up.

I can see Melksham point, even if many won't/can't

how do you tell a young child without being upset that YES his 3 mates, who's parents can afford it can get in the picture, but because his parents can't afford it, he won't be in the picture.

I do find this thing a touch crass, however it is a clever marketing trick to sell the shirt.

Personally I find this season's shirt home and away a bit tacky, good quality shirt, ruined by very poor sponsorship logo's.

how do you tell a young child without being upset that YES his 3 mates, who's parents can afford it can get in the picture, but because his parents can't afford it, he won't be in the picture.

But you will surely have this problem with school trips, holidays, christmas presents etc etc.

Their are people who are a lot worse off in Africa etc so your very lucky to have what you do have.

Personally I find this season's shirt home and away a bit tacky, good quality shirt, ruined by very poor sponsorship logo's.

Glad to see you've bought the kit.

imo, any sposorship logo ruins any shirt...(its the money in the game that has spoilt the game)...

Am I alone in wishing we could turn back time to when local teams had a few local players, and shirts were in traditional colours & simply numbered 1 to 11 (12) on the back?... & we could just turn up at the turnstyles with some loose change in our pockets & have a bloody good time every other Saturday? Those were the days, no frills just bobble hats, scarves, rosettes & a few rattles on the terraces.

Jumpers for goalposts in the park, a bag of chips, a pint for a few pence & 75% of supporters (even some players) arrived at & left the ground on a green Bristol Omnibus Co bus when a return ticket was again just pennies!! :)

(& dont anyone go saying today we've got the cream of the worlds crop playing in England & that costs money - cos we done very well thankyou in 1966 !! )

I can see Melksham point, even if many won't/can't

I do find this thing a touch crass, however it is a clever marketing trick to sell the shirt.

'Daddy can you get a better job'

'im going to try harder at school so I dont end up like Daddy'

Maybe he should spend his time getting another job instead of spending it writing negative tripe against a new, unique and clearly popular idea.

I can't help but think a few people are hiding behind their children with this photo argument.

In the picture Beanhead tweeted a big proportion seemed to be adults wearing the yellow shirts, presumably to tell their kids later on "look there's me when I played for City" :laughcont:

Probably didnt like having to serve all those "customers"

So true :rofl2br:

Was the new shirt put on sale at midday, could that have been the reason, either way looked a complete shambles in the shop ?

And I have to say the photo thing seemed to go down really well and there were a awfull lot of "lemon" tops being worn so obviously worked. As much as it pains me to say it I will concede and say it did look good. :yes:

It makes perfect sense, that you're too stupid to understand or follow your own rules in writing a post littered with grammatical and spelling errors is your own lookout.

Archived