IGNORED

A Bristol City To Be Proud Of

Evocare

You Reds, do you think we could benefit from a fresh perspective on our beloved Club?

Quite a lot has happened in the past decade, hard to take it all in and fathom how far we've progressed, or not progressed in some instances. A lot of positive things to be proud of I think. - Not alot is kept from us as fans, we know all we need to know about the board and its backers, quite something in today's game don't you think?. and I share most fans view that we are extremely well blessed in that department, it's a relief.

We really have so much going for us as a Club, this is a great league we represent with the highest possible stakes to play for. A new stadium on the horizon - Its hard to explain just how much this will change us for the better. Its the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Dare to take yourself back to the Swansea game, We all shared that horrible despair. I don't know what hurt most, the thumping itself or seeing a City legend fall on his sword.. So a lot changes, we ended up going up with Johnson and with impressive momentum nearly did it again. Just think what may have been....What Johnson could have done, What we would have done...Oh dear Christ, the pain still remains...Still, I will always look back fondly on the Johnson era, he did what he promised in style.

So yes, I think there is much to be thankful for, and more still. We have some outstanding and exciting young talent in this team, exciting young players like Maynard, Adoma, Riberio, Wilson. I don't spot one slacker in our team either, not one. I Will never judge a City player harsh for trying his best, whatever his ability. We would do well to remind ourselves now and then.

Well its going to be a cracking season! This is a great era to be a City fan, make no mistake. I hear all the time we have achieved nothing, no Trophies of merit etc.. I like that! We have never been quenched..Virgins perhaps?? OK, my point is ManU for instance have gorged on trophies, we hunger for our first taste, and it will be like nothing else. We have it all to look forward so.

Happy new season to all City fans! :winner_third_h4h:

A nice perspective, not portraying it all as rosy (which no doubt you will be accused)

I'm still delighted to be in this league after so long in the terrible league 1. Enjoying the ride still and excited by the long term vision of the board, owner and also the manager(who has a tough job)

It's portrayed as defeatist to be happy with what you have, but I sure am.

A nice perspective, not portraying it all as rosy (which no doubt you will be accused)

I'm still delighted to be in this league after so long in the terrible league 1. Enjoying the ride still and excited by the long term vision of the board, owner and also the manager(who has a tough job)

It's portrayed as defeatist to be happy with what you have, but I sure am.

Just thought I would point out a some things we have going for us. Some say our defender crisis is the end of us.I would say its a chance for someone else to prove themselves. By far the end of the world for Wilson, Tanga Ribs or even Carey.

For me the most exciting thing is the unknown. I agree with the last statement, somewhat. Although we shouldn't confuse secure with defeatist.

Good post. The club has indeed moved on in the past decade. I know I'm guilty of believing the hype that suggested we could move further and faster. But if you step back a decade and ask yourself whether you'd rather be where we are now...it doesn't take much to realise we're in a far better place. We're not playing Northampton on the opening day for a start...

The most exciting thing is indeed the unknown. Every year that's what makes the week of the first match so exciting. Maybe...maybe...

The most exciting thing is indeed the unknown. Every year that's what makes the week of the first match so exciting. Maybe...maybe...

Very true.

The difference now from 10 or so seasons ago is that back then we fans all expected City to feature and do well. Expectation was far higher because of the division we were in.

That expectation faded after promotion in to the Championship when not many of us predicted that we would have such a successful campaign and reach the play-off final. After that first Championship season expectation was suddenly high again only for most of us all to be disappointed with what happened over the next two seasons.

That Division 1 or second season Championship expectation has not returned and has in fact been replaced by large amounts of negativity (often described as 'realistic' by the poster). As the new season approaches we are seeing far too many dreary and negative posts aimed at largely at Millen and his lack of success in strengthening the defence (yet) and his so say 'tactical naivety' plus the perceived lack of investment in bringing in new signings.

My expectations of this season are modest enough. Mid table would suit me fine and flirting with the pray-off places would be a bonus.Unlike some, I don't expect to see City being in a relegation battle.

Most fans look forward to the start of every season, but I'm confident there's worse teams than City in this div.

Meanwhile it seems to have been missed that although City have been a League club for over 100 years, due to the two World Wars interrupting football, the 2011-12 season is City's 100th League season and the 42nd point gained this season will be City's 5,000th, so hopefully we'll celbrate that well before Christmas.

Good post. The club has indeed moved on in the past decade. I know I'm guilty of believing the hype that suggested we could move further and faster. But if you step back a decade and ask yourself whether you'd rather be where we are now...it doesn't take much to realise we're in a far better place. We're not playing Northampton on the opening day for a start...

Indeed. It really is the pure challenge I love it. Come Ipswich I don't honestly care what the team is, the team out there will be our boys, wearing the same coat of arms as ourselves, we'll be right behind them!

Very true.

The difference now from 10 or so seasons ago is that back then we fans all expected City to feature and do well. Expectation was far higher because of the division we were in.

nd flirting with the pray-off places would be a bonus.Unlike some, I don't expect to see City being in a relegation battle.

10 yrs a long time, but it goes so fast. We have to be proud of what we've achieved and build on it further. We have to keep moving forward fighting. A lot of big teams in this League, its good to be mixing it with them.

Archived