IGNORED

Prediction 9Th

wookey

Two things in The Times this morning.

Firstly, they predict we will be 9th and say we are one of the more attractive sides in the league; which is more positive than most of our fans!

Secondly, they have a picture of Brighton's new stadium, which they have waited for since they left the Goldstone Ground in 1997 and then had 12 years at Withdean; the worst ground in the league. And we think we have problems!

Firstly, they predict we will be 9th and say we are one of the more attractive sides in the league; which is more positive than most of our fans!

Secondly, they have a picture of Brighton's new stadium, which they have waited for since they left the Goldstone Ground in 1997 and then had 12 years at Withdean; the worst ground in the league. And we think we have problems!

I predicted 10th only after keef has been sacked and replace by unknown spanish manager Keitho El Mileno

Agree 18th or somewhere around there. 9th seems crazy to me right now. As for being one of the most attractive teams to watch? I assume the guy made this report after watching our first season back in the Championship. I could count on one hand the number of times we played attractively for a game last season

I think it all depends on the start we have. Winning breeds confidence, and judging by what I seen with this squad last season....thats very much the case.

IF we get off to a decent start, we could/should come mid table......but I think it will be a slog this year and we'll come about 18th.

C'mon City, prove me wrong.....15 points in the opening 5 games please :winner_third_h4h:

god we have crap fans!! 18-21st dont bother coming to the games then with that attitude!

I have a feeling that those fans (me included) would like to see us do well but are being realistic. Nothing wrong with that.

I reckon bottom 6 without 2 decent additions at the back.

1st.

You been on the Natch Harito :laughcont:

Not enough done in the Transfer market to be thinking about being on the first page of teletext :D

I don't think we'll have problems scoring (with or without Maynard) but for every goal we score I reckon we could ship in 2, so if we score 4 then we'll lose 8-4 :o

16th for me.

I love these pre-season predictions. I went to a friends' house this time last season (who is a gas head) and his son came out with a match or shoot magazine with the Championship preview and he was flashing it in front of me because they predicted City were favourites for relegation. I reminded him of that day on the last day of the season!!!

I fear we will feature within the bottom 6 - 8.

Any three from Barnsley. Coventry, Doncaster, Derby, Palace, Peterborough or oursleves for the drop.

For the first time since our promotion season, I have concerns about holdiing on to our Championship status.

Barely adequate last season, and weakened by the loss of Caulker and Spence from our defence.

Much will depend on where Maynard plies his championship trade this season. If he stays, then, maybe, he, Pittman and Stead will score enough goals to secure safety.

This season will be a big challenge for Millen. The Coppell saga is behind us, and now he has to stand or fall on the strength of his management.

With last seasons short comings still fresh in our minds, it has been concerning that Millen hasn't seemed to be able to strengthen his troops, nor, move on those who may not feature. I know new signings don't guarantee success, but a recipe of 'same old, same old' will sooner or later stagnate, and I fear this is where we are at the seasons start.

I await crucifixion by the forum users wearing red tinted glasses.

I hope I'm wrong.........

Any three from Barnsley. Coventry, Doncaster, Derby, Palace, Peterborough or oursleves for the drop.

For the first time since our promotion season, I have concerns about holdiing on to our Championship status.

Barely adequate last season, and weakened by the loss of Caulker and Spence from our defence.

Much will depend on where Maynard plies his championship trade this season. If he stays, then, maybe, he, Pittman and Stead will score enough goals to secure safety.

This season will be a big challenge for Millen. The Coppell saga is behind us, and now he has to stand or fall on the strength of his management.

With last seasons short comings still fresh in our minds, it has been concerning that Millen hasn't seemed to be able to strengthen his troops, nor, move on those who may not feature. I know new signings don't guarantee success, but a recipe of 'same old, same old' will sooner or later stagnate, and I fear this is where we are at the seasons start.

I think that is a fair assessment, I too fear the coming season. There will be some very, very tough matches and it could go either way for us!

Despite the difficulties of last season City managed to finish 15th, comfortably in mid-table having scored and average of 1.3 goals a game with Maynard absent for much of the season. It wasn't pretty most of the time but the means justified the end.

I reckon City (with or without Maynard) will have enough firepower to stay comfortably in mid-table. What concerns me, as well as every other City fan is the ability to keep the back door shut. Millen has looked to sign 5 different defenders but all have opted for other clubs. He's now looking for PL loanee's similar to Caulker last season. That's not going to happen for at least a couple of weeks but it will happen.

The signing of Kilkenny will provide more creativity which was missing last season and I reckon he'll be a big influence. Lets hope he can avoid any injuries. I also reckon we'll see more of an attacking style and am looking forward to the start of the season.

As for Millen not moving on players - most fringe players are under contract for another year and if other clubs don't come in for them what can he do?

Despite the difficulties of last season City managed to finish 15th, comfortably in mid-table having scored and average of 1.3 goals a game with Maynard absent for much of the season. It wasn't pretty most of the time but the means justified the end.

I reckon City (with or without Maynard) will have enough firepower to stay comfortably in mid-table. What concerns me, as well as every other City fan is the ability to keep the back door shut. Millen has looked to sign 5 different defenders but all have opted for other clubs. He's now looking for PL loanee's similar to Caulker last season. That's not going to happen for at least a couple of weeks but it will happen.

The signing of Kilkenny will provide more creativity which was missing last season and I reckon he'll be a big influence. Lets hope he can avoid any injuries. I also reckon we'll see more of an attacking style and am looking forward to the start of the season.

As for Millen not moving on players - most fringe players are under contract for another year and if other clubs don't come in for them what can he do?

Jesus......I agree with Robbored ......

.....is that allowed?

Archived