IGNORED

Prediction 9Th

wookey

Melksham Red - i think you could argue that of the players you mentioned only Caulker is a miss. Spence played a quarter of the season if that. At the moment Maynard is fit and is still a city player and Cisse has every opportunity to sort himself out.

Melksham Red - i think you could argue that of the players you mentioned only Caulker is a miss. Spence played a quarter of the season if that. At the moment Maynard is fit and is still a city player and Cisse has every opportunity to sort himself out.

You say that like he was'nt a rock at the back? can you not remember the mess of a defence before he came in?

With a month of the transfer window left its clearly obvious at least one if not 2 defenders will be coming in, anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded or just scare mongering for the sake of it IMO.

I know we can only go on what we see at the moment but come on FFS the back four is going to be shored up before September christ.

Riaz , Mr Gow and others just out of interest are your dire predictions based on the fact you dont think we will see any defenders brought in over the next month?

With a month of the transfer winow left its clearly obvious at least one if not 2 defenders will be coming in, anyone that thinks otherwise is deluded or just scare mongering for the sake of it.

I know we can only go on what we see at the moment but come on FFS the back four is going to be shored up before September christ.

Riaz , Mr Gow and others just out of interest are your dire predictions based on the fact you dont think we will see any defenders brought in over the next month?

we may very well get in two defenders, but one thing that does not go away is this...

Millen no doubt had a number 1 target, then when that didnt happen he tried target number 2 then when that didnt happen he went on to target number 3, and so on.

So i would imagine we may get target number 8 or 6 or 5? Meaning we will end up doing what Bristol City are great at doing, which is

Replacing players no better or even worse than we allready have

I was comparing the squad we ended with last season to the one we will start with on Saturday.

So spence is a miss , he proved to be far better than anything we have at the club today in his position , Caulker was brilliant and is the biggest miss.

Although I understand Cisse is still at the club it's a worry that he was for me our best midfielder and for whatever reason he won't start the season.

Maynard has to be a concern, how much will the whole contract saga effect him, the team. Assuming he's still here that is.

However you dress it up I can't see how anyone can claim the squad we currently have is stronger than the one we finished with last season.

That is all.

I'm not thinking about the close of the transfer window - for me, we should have these defenders in by saturday. There are 18 points to play for before the window closes......

Like I have said months ago, I get the impression that sorting the defence does not seem as important to Millen as it should be.

The fact we may have no left back or mcallister starting the first game of the season, to me is not good enough.

Top 6 for me. A lot of teams have brought players in, will take time to gel. Leicester will be under a lot of pressure to start well, so will the hammers.

I think going into the season - we will be up in the top 4 come 10 games in.

After that I don't know.

I think we have the front line (certainly at the moment) that most teams in the championship would love. We have the defence of an average league one club. I don't think we've enough creativity to out score teams that's why I think we'll struggle this season. Between 14th and 18th is where I reckon we'll finish.

When talking about the attractiveness of Bristol City compared to other teams, I think some of you may be overlooking the fact we have the gorillas. 60 compelling reasons for any up and coming professional footballer to say yes.

Saying that, some numpty at the council has for some reason agreed to site one in Birmingham - why an earth are we helping our rivals??!! Complete farce - heads should roll.

Like I have said months ago, I get the impression that sorting the defence does not seem as important to Millen as it should be.

The fact we may have no left back or mcallister starting the first game of the season, to me is not good enough.

That's funny, I and many others got exactly the opposite impression.

I take it you mean, about lists and back-up deals? If you are, then it came from Millen on player.

As I thought when you first wrote the quote, Millen says 'missed out on 4-5 players', which immediately suggests they chose better deals at other clubs - i.e Caldwell, Taylor, McAuley and another whose name I keep forgetting. Having a bid rejected isn't the same as missing out on a player really, when the chance was never there to speak to them.

He does also state for a fair while beforehand (which you conveniently ignored) how he knows the defence is short in numbers and that they need to strengthen, and how it is top of his priority list.

As posted before , many Premier League teams won't release players on loan right until the last moment, clubs like spurs want Thier youngsters to spend pre season with Thier own swayed and training teams, after all the may not see them until next summer if they send them on a years load, also some clubs are still abroad on tour ! Not the most idea situation, but if want top class youngsters you may need to sit tight . Fingers crossed, but I think Keff and his team are as anxious as us to get players in , don't you think ?

I reckon anywhere between 15th - 20th if the two new defenders are up to scratch, but I fear a genuine relegation scrap if they're not demonstrably better than we've got. We are in desperate need of a new Caulker, but of course we know in our heart of hearts there is no chance of that, he was a one off.

Many fans seem to foresee a lower mid table finish and seem reasonably content with this, which means the pressure on the manager to really achieve anything this season is lowered considerably. A very unusual set up for KM when anything other than a mundane season will be seen in some quarters as success in itself.

The opening day of the season is always something to look forward to (can't be as bad as last year surely?) but with ambition (rightly) lowered there's a lack of real anticipation compared with previous years. I view our opening games with some trepidation rather than confidence or excitement and I'm really not sure the team (specifically defence) that is likely to start the season is going to be capable of anything but a poor start to the campaign.

Not surprisng if fans aren't chomping at the bit - a lower mid table finish would inevitably mean lots of home defeats and overall little change from what we saw last year so many will naturally not be enthusiastic for a repeat.

It's hard to see City doing much at all so what I hope for from a mediocre season is that it is enhanced by some great matches full of attacking football, entertainment and goals, in which case a similar or slightly worse finishing place would be very much easier to stomach.

A season of struggle (even if it ends with safety) plus dull football will not go down well at AG, and thankfully I'm sure KM is aware of that.

We're set up to attack, let's do it.

Would like to see Stead, Maynard and Pitman on the pitch, with Bolasie and Adomah in wide support. Skuse, Killer and Elliot protecting a rather small defensive partnership.

Play out best 11 players Keith, 2-3-5 is a winning formation!

Would like to see Stead, Maynard and Pitman on the pitch, with Bolasie and Adomah in wide support. Skuse, Killer and Elliot protecting a rather small defensive partnership.

Play out best 11 players Keith, 2-3-5 is a winning formation!

Solves our full back problems!!

I reckon anywhere between 15th - 20th if the two new defenders are up to scratch, but I fear a genuine relegation scrap if they're not demonstrably better than we've got. We are in desperate need of a new Caulker, but of course we know in our heart of hearts there is no chance of that, he was a one off.

Many fans seem to foresee a lower mid table finish and seem reasonably content with this, which means the pressure on the manager to really achieve anything this season is lowered considerably. A very unusual set up for KM when anything other than a mundane season will be seen in some quarters as success in itself.

The opening day of the season is always something to look forward to (can't be as bad as last year surely?) but with ambition (rightly) lowered there's a lack of real anticipation compared with previous years. I view our opening games with some trepidation rather than confidence or excitement and I'm really not sure the team (specifically defence) that is likely to start the season is going to be capable of anything but a poor start to the campaign.

Not surprisng if fans aren't chomping at the bit - a lower mid table finish would inevitably mean lots of home defeats and overall little change from what we saw last year so many will naturally not be enthusiastic for a repeat.

It's hard to see City doing much at all so what I hope for from a mediocre season is that it is enhanced by some great matches full of attacking football, entertainment and goals, in which case a similar or slightly worse finishing place would be very much easier to stomach.

A season of struggle (even if it ends with safety) plus dull football will not go down well at AG, and thankfully I'm sure KM is aware of that.

If our talisman Nicky Maynard stays fit, & with us, we'll have a good season, which would be top 10 imo.

Expectations are given far too much weight, and IMO mainly calculated from previous seasons - for a start, last season was the first we'd finished outside of the top 10 since 1999. On a personal level, I think if anything the overwhelming prediction to be made of this season is one of unpredictability, which in itself is exciting. At best City are very competent in this division, at worst they're pretty piss poor.

Solves our full back problems!!

Bingo! :D

I like this formation now.

--------------------Jamo---------------------

--------Carey-------------Fonts---------------

Adomah-----Marv-----Skuuuse---Bolasie

---------------------Killer------------------------

---------Stead--Pitman--Maynard----------

:laugh:! What kind of instructions would you need to give them for this to work?

Bingo! :D

I like this formation now.

--------------------Jamo---------------------

--------Carey-------------Fonts---------------

Adomah-----Marv-----Skuuuse---Bolasie

---------------------Killer------------------------

---------Stead--Pitman--Maynard----------

:laugh:! What kind of instructions would you need to give them for this to work?

ATTACK ATTACK, ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!!!!!

Top 6 for me. A lot of teams have brought players in, will take time to gel. Leicester will be under a lot of pressure to start well, so will the hammers.

I think going into the season - we will be up in the top 4 come 10 games in.

After that I don't know.

Top 10 I think. A good start and post in the confidence will grow. Dont think our scuad are so bad comparing with the other teams. Maybe West Ham and Leicester will be the top teams, we will see. But anyway COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Top 10 I think. A good start and post in the confidence will grow. Dont think our scuad are so bad comparing with the other teams.

Confidence comes from a strong defence.

It looks to me ours is one of the most unreliable in the division as things stand.

If we concede we're more capable than most of falling apart and letting in a couple more.

Not sure I could stomach a repeat of the Millwall game but this is a City team that needs to score the first goal, because we appear set up for winning or losing heavily, with confidence the deciding factor.

Archived