IGNORED

Bubble And Fixture Movements

thatcham red

my point is your rageing at somthing thats beyond anywones control and it won't change,

Things have moved forward sinces the 70's when everything was 15:00 on a saturday,

Take TV money if that is suddenly taken away then 92 league clubs would fold as no tv money means reduced sponsership money,

reduced sponsership money means smaller budget and would hurt football,

Again you are wrong.

Taking TV money away doesnt hurt football, it hurts footballers. They are the beneficiaries of TV money. Unless you are suggesting that TV money goes to the fans.

The personnel and the product would be exactly the same without TV money.

People really do have to get this notion out of their heads that football could not survive without TV money.

You can pick apart the detail of the statement line by line,

But when you start distorting the statement by including a Boxing Day game as a non-Saturday game what do you expect?

And picking up Kit's points, what do you expect to happen with International week-ends? There have to be more mid-week games to get all the fixtures in - and somebody has to be the away team.

Do you expect there to be no more Red and White nights on a Friday evening - I thought the Trust was a supporter of these? Again, someone has to be the away team - maybe one of our opponents wants a Blue and White night.

But when you start distorting the statement by including a Boxing Day game as a non-Saturday game what do you expect?

And picking up Kit's points, what do you expect to happen with International week-ends? There have to be more mid-week games to get all the fixtures in - and somebody has to be the away team.

Do you expect there to be no more Red and White nights on a Friday evening - I thought the Trust was a supporter of these? Again, someone has to be the away team - maybe one of our opponents wants a Blue and White night.

I take your point about Boxing Day.

The point about Tuesday nights to accomodate international fixtures is this. By laying out the complete picture, which includes all the reasons for fixtures being set on given dates, it then shows the impact of subsequent changes made for other reasons. We can probably all accept the rational reasons, it is the subsequent changes (mostly down to police advise) that causes the frustration when overlaid with the accepted norm.

To give an example. I was surprised that our first year back in the Championship that 7 of our home games were mid-week. from memory, a good number of those corresponding away fixtures were also mid-week. I am sure that Internationals and FA cup weekends played their part in this. That was the start point of the published fixture list. For a season ticket holder who doesn't live in Bristol and a school age son (also a season ticket holder) any subsequent fixture changes really compounded our ability to attend those matches.

I take your point about Boxing Day.

The point about Tuesday nights to accomodate international fixtures is this. By laying out the complete picture, which includes all the reasons for fixtures being set on given dates, it then shows the impact of subsequent changes made for other reasons. We can probably all accept the rational reasons, it is the subsequent changes (mostly down to police advise) that causes the frustration when overlaid with the accepted norm.

To give an example. I was surprised that our first year back in the Championship that 7 of our home games were mid-week. from memory, a good number of those corresponding away fixtures were also mid-week. I am sure that Internationals and FA cup weekends played their part in this. That was the start point of the published fixture list. For a season ticket holder who doesn't live in Bristol and a school age son (also a season ticket holder) any subsequent fixture changes really compounded our ability to attend those matches.

We have had 5 games moved. 2 are still being played at the weekend, on Sunday afternoons instead of Saturday afternoons; one has moved from Easter Saturday to Good Friday, one has moved from New Year's Eve to the evening before when many people will not be working anyway and is around 1 1/2 hours drive away. Yes evening games will be more inconvenient for some - but will be more convenient for others. The remaining game is a home game and the move appears to have received a fairly mixed reaction on here anyway.

You always get more mid-week games season before the Euro/World Cups because of International week-ends. (Doesn't affect the Sags though :laughcont: )

I am not sure what the fuss is all about, most away games are relatively straight forward to get to.

Don't see why you're angry about it Dolls. Its common sense.

Milwall and City have a well known history and a 3pm ko when those concerned have been on the lash all morning is just fuelling the fire.It was never going to happen. Anyhow, I for one like evening games.

So instead those on the lash will have done so all day.

Archived