IGNORED

Do We Go For A New Signing Now?

gater2

Now we've "solved" our problems (albeit for 1 match...) should we be pushing for a loan signing, that seemed so necessary before? Personally I don't think we need one, but if DW can pull 1 out of the hat go ahead!

I'm just worried about his success rate of finding good loan players (only Butler and Robins in the last few seasons that I can think of, whereas players like Fagan, Summerbell, Maddison and Singh have not been up to it).

City have a very strong squad - the envy of many rival managers and theoretically shouldn't need to loan players.

But City are missing an out an out goal poacher.Robins would not have been the answer but we do need someone who'll toe poke a goal from nothing.Peacock's too clumsy and slow to react and Miller's not a goal machine.The nearest we have is a fit Matthews - but he's never fit long enough to get a run of games.

i would still like to see a winger come to ashton gate

only for the fact that big kev to his credit is still on

the come back trail and finding his feet again and

would need a bit of cover down the flank (carey

is not the answer) miller strong points his his

heading and a winger for crosses for him is a must

so yes a winger i'd like to see added..

If we are to be successful this season. The manager needs to be far more proactive and less reactive, if that means getting in some loan or permenant signings then in needs to be in advance of when the situation desperatly demands it.

This is what the problem was last year it became apparent in late December that the squad needed a boost, unfortunatly this didn't happen until the end of February when Robins loan period got us back on track. In the interim period we struggled and ultimately dropped points then cost us.

The manager again yesterday, picked a side that I said in a previous post was brave and positive in light of team selection thus far this season and it well and truly paid off. The point is though, it has taken until game 18 to come to this conclusion.

I sincerely hope that the manager and team can continue yesterdays form. Danny Wilson's ability to make quick discisons will be key to success or failure as obvoiusly we cannot continue on a ratio of once every 18 games.

Now we've "solved" our problems (albeit for 1 match...) should we be pushing for a loan signing, that seemed so necessary before? Personally I don't think we need one, but if DW can pull 1 out of the hat go ahead!

I'm just worried about his success rate of finding good loan players (only Butler and Robins in the last few seasons that I can think of, whereas players like Fagan, Summerbell, Maddison and Singh have not been up to it).

<whereas players like Fagan, Summerbell, Maddison and Singh have not been up to it).>

Was it the players, or our way of playing? :Confused13: Until his recent injury, Harpal Singh was doing well at Bury. This was his second spell there, in his first he even scored against us. Fagan is getting rave reviews at Colchester and scored again on Saturday.

Guest Red_Rat

How about Aaron Lennon of Leeds,the club were more than happy to loan out James Milner 2 a division 2 club,he plays out wide and even only for a month could inspire us to more glory

i would still like to see a winger come to ashton gate

only for the fact that big kev to his credit is still on

the come back trail and finding his feet again and

would need a bit of cover down the flank (carey

is not the answer) miller strong points his his

heading and a winger for crosses for him is a must

so yes a winger i'd like to see added..

Agree. A winger is still the missing link, nothwithstanding Kev's contribution in the last couple of games.

Geoff Twentyman descrived Miller as the best header of the ball he's seen in a long time ... and he may be a Gashead, but he's a good judge of a footballer.

Let's give him some crosses to tuck away.

Archived