IGNORED

David James

dougal135

Glad he got booed, posted on my topic can we stop supplementing his pension, fed up of the same gimps coming on here saying he is god....

Give the shirt to gerkin now, at least he would have belted the ball in the stand for the 3rd, complete lack of professionalism

James is a very good goalkeeper who is without doubt, comfortably, the best option we have.

If it was an option, which I'm not sure it was, I'd have released/sought him a move and tied Henderson to the club. However that would have purely been a move to reduce the wage bill and would have, in the immediate future, weakened us at that position.

PLUS TWO AND SOME. The new goalkeepers kit looks like a clowns costume and James did everything to prove that he IS one.

How anyone can defend him after that performance is beyond me?

Whilst the Government puts the pension age up for most of us, in his case it certainly should be lowered???

WOEFUL PERFORMANCE BY CITY AND WOEFUL BY JAMES.

C L O W N

It's amazing our keeper was Englands 1st choice at last years world cup and one the FA cup as captain 3 years ago and all of a sudden he should be pensioned off? and Gerken who couldn't get in the Colchester team is now a great keeper. Wake up peeps, this is wrong because the team is wrong, although I do agree maybe James should not have come out for the first one but maybe h just has no confidence of what is in front of him after all the ball was just direct and we didnt defend it at all well.

It's amazing our keeper was Englands 1st choice at last years world cup and one the FA cup as captain 3 years ago and all of a sudden he should be pensioned off? and Gerken who couldn't get in the Colchester team is now a great keeper. Wake up peeps, this is wrong because the team is wrong, although I do agree maybe James should not have come out for the first one but maybe h just has no confidence of what is in front of him after all the ball was just direct and we didnt defend it at all well.

so his attempted chip over chopra was acceptable was it at 2-0 down, he should have just booted it in the stand., he was totally unprofessional and disrespectful....bloke is an utter waste of money and has been since he arrived

so his attempted chip over chopra was acceptable was it at 2-0 down, he should have just booted it in the stand., he was totally unprofessional and disrespectful....bloke is an utter waste of money and has been since he arrived

I was sat directly opposite this and Chopra was on top of him so even if he'd of done what you suggest the same result would have happened. The ball back to him was awful and that is where the fault was.

It's amazing our keeper was Englands chice last years world cup and one the FA cup as captain 3 years ago and all of a sudden he should be pensioned off? and Gerken who couldn't get in the Colchester team is now a great keeper. Wake up peeps, this is wrong because the team is wrong, although I do agree maybe James should not have come out for the first one but maybe h just has no confidence of what is in front of him after all the ball was just direct and we didnt defend it at all well.

The operative word in your post is WAS. James WAS England's choice (during a particularly dire competition for us) he would probably be about 47th choice now, or something.

He's been a confidence player throughout his career, with spells of brilliance matched by some truly God awful howlers. Now he's playing down the bottom of the second tier, his confidence has just deserted him and he is looking over-the-hill. Not just in this match but on many occasions last season.

I think he's lost what he once had and apart from the occasional glimpses I doubt he'll get it back. I'd love to be able to offload him somehow and get an eager younger goalie in. Someone like....... Stephen Henderson!

Time to play Deano. No point him being paid a wage to sit on the bench and watch the ball being picked out the back of the net.

I was sat directly opposite this and Chopra was on top of him so even if he'd of done what you suggest the same result would have happened. The ball back to him was awful and that is where the fault was.

absolute rubbish he clearly got to the ball first, meaning he had time to think what to do, he should have gone to the ball on the floor and ensured he kicked it into touch, you are trying to defend the undefensible, his throw was also to a player who has not got a clue with a player right on his back......get real

kilkenny should have started from what I seen of him today, we are missing that spark to create chances as long balls to maynard are simply not working.

as a whole ipswich wernt a whole lot better than us but the difference was our defence and keeper had a really bad day at the office. and cambell ryce please for the love of god pass the ball a little quicker!!

oh well next week is a clean slate lets kick some swindon ass!

Gerkin is not the answer, he's a decent shot stopped and thats it. James has had a nightmare and I'm sure he doesn't need boo's from sections of the EE to let him know that. He's a top pro and maybe this will be the kick up the ass he needs.

I thought once again today there was sloppyness to our play, lack of movement and constant high balls. I think what worries me more than induvidual errors is that there seems to be a real lack of belief, confidence and understanding of how we are playing. It looks like at times that we just turn up and "hope" that Nicky will score or Albert will make something happen! Its about time we started taking these games by the scruff of the neck, especially at home!! Play at a high tempo and show abit of determaination.

I still believe we will improve and I hope the players show some guts for Leicester and cardiff because we will need it.

He was appalling and what's worrying is he's also had a dreadful pre-season. Why on earth he's coming off his line for the first goal I've no idea and even though the second goal was not his fault he was very slow getting to the ground and didn't get close to saving what was in fairness a weak shot. The third goal was then of course a travesty. JCR shouldn't have put James in that position but why the f ** k he's trying a little flick like that I don't know. I mean who does he think he is, Lionel Messi?! This coupled with his errors in the Torquay match and his terrible error that allowed Yeovil to score is worrying. Possibly a season to far for a man who is now 41 years of age and that's not just based on todays poor display.

Glad he got booed

I'm sure you'd boo him to his face. Absolutely disgraceful, so long as he wears the red and white (or green and blue) singling out one player for abuse is disgusting.

Can't disagree with much else, Gerken has to have a chance now.

He was appalling and what's worrying is he's also had a dreadful pre-season. Why on earth he's coming off his line for the first goal I've no idea and even though the second goal was not his fault he was very slow getting to the ground and didn't get close to saving what was in fairness a weak shot. The third goal was then of course a travesty. JCR shouldn't have put James in that position but why the f ** k he's trying a little flick like that I don't know. I mean who does he think he is, Lionel Messi?! This coupled with his errors in the Torquay match and his terrible error that allowed Yeovil to score is worrying. Possibly a season to far for a man who is now 41 years of age and that's not just based on todays poor display.

Did you miss his 3 or 4 world class saves against WBA?

He messed up today although I'm not sure he could be blamed for the first. All goalkeepers make costly mistakes (ask Rob Green or Ben Foster) but James is still comfortably the best goalkeeper I've ever seen play for Bristol City.

it seems ok to criticise McAllister, skuse, elliot etc on here but not James because he was england keeper. James was poor today. Gordon Banks was england keeper, lets put him in the sticks and blame the defence again.

That's not true, he gets dogs abuse on here and disgustingly booed in front of his own fans, but that's by the by. He was poor today, as you say, and any England credentials shouldn't cloud that.

Did you miss his 3 or 4 world class saves against WBA?

He messed up today although I'm not sure he could be blamed for the first. All goalkeepers make costly mistakes (ask Rob Green or Ben Foster) but James is still comfortably the best goalkeeper I've ever seen play for Bristol City.

Ever? See you're just saying that based on his reputation. His performances last season clearly weren't as good as Basso's in our first two seasons in the Championship, David James just happens to have played for England. If last season he was playing at the best he has in his career then I'd agree he'd be the best I've seen play for us but he clearly didn't. And while last season he was fine (not amazing and not shit) based on what I've seen from pre-season and today's game he is struggling.

Archived