IGNORED

It's Been 1 Game Ffs !

Frome Red

no but at the end of the season I think the aim was to survive and we did that. Coppell left us in sh*t and Millen picked up the peices.

I agree to a point, but we owed a lot to Caulker, and even then we were playing largely horrible football to watch

I agree to a point, but we owed a lot to Caulker, and even then we were playing largely horrible football to watch

Oh yes. If we didn't have Caulker no doubt we would've been in even bigger trouble. But in a few games (not enough i agree) but in a few games he's shown he can do it. Take the 2 games vs QPR for example, at home we conceeded a late goal from a corner, again. Away we battled hard and got a point thanks to that man we mentioned above. He got his tactics right in that game and there was a good period in the season where we were pushing for play offs. But as always all good things come to an end and another sloppy run had us back in the lower half of the table. So he can do it, it's just a case of doing it all the time.

Oh yes. If we didn't have Caulker no doubt we would've been in even bigger trouble. But in a few games (not enough i agree) but in a few games he's shown he can do it. Take the 2 games vs QPR for example, at home we conceeded a late goal from a corner, again. Away we battled hard and got a point thanks to that man we mentioned above. He got his tactics right in that game and there was a good period in the season where we were pushing for play offs. But as always all good things come to an end and another sloppy run had us back in the lower half of the table. So he can do it, it's just a case of doing it all the time.

Well, he's certainly going to be given enough time to show us this season. I just hope that if it comes to him having to be removed that it's done with the right man in place to come in and make the difference.

I've nothing against Keef as a bloke. He seems like a lovely guy, but the pressure is on him from the off, and whether we like it or not the reason for that stems back to his tenure last season

For what its worth, im still completely behind Millen. The reasons for this are quite simple, imo he has tried to do exactly what most of us behind our keyboards would of done over the summer, bring in a new left back to compete with mcallister, bring in a more dominant centre half, bring in a creative midfielder( which of course he achieved). Now with the exception of Kilkenny, his other targets have not come off for whatever reason, i might add that he would not of had nothing to do with offering said players contracts, so you cannot blame him for that, in most cases his targets went to the Premier League. He cannot also be blamed for not being able to clear out the dead wood, none of which were his signings, for me this has been the biggest problem this summer. As for yesterdays performance, it was poor, especially in 3 circumstances, but they were 3 individual mistakes, as a manager you cannot legislate for that, that is when the players have to have the balls to hold their hand up and take some responsibilty, which for all we know they did in the changing room after the game. As for Kilkenny not starting it was a big dissapointment for me, but again, can anyone on here confirm that he was 100% fit? I cant. With regards the central defensive pairing, personally i would of gone with Carey, but again, was he fit? Both of the players that i would of had in my starting line up had injuries or illness recently, so maybe neither were 100%, so ill just let Millen get on with the job he is paid to do. And i will do what im suppose to do, support my club.

Well, he's certainly going to be given enough time to show us this season. I just hope that if it comes to him having to be removed that it's done with the right man in place to come in and make the difference.

I've nothing against Keef as a bloke. He seems like a lovely guy, but the pressure is on him from the off, and whether we like it or not the reason for that stems back to his tenure last season

Well if we do have to act, i hope it's not too late. I think the majority agrees that he's a great number 2 but can he cut it at the top? I could say time will tell but it might be a little too late for that.

For what its worth, im still completely behind Millen. The reasons for this are quite simple, imo he has tried to do exactly what most of us behind our keyboards would of done over the summer, bring in a new left back to compete with mcallister, bring in a more dominant centre half, bring in a creative midfielder( which of course he achieved). Now with the exception of Kilkenny, his other targets have not come off for whatever reason, i might add that he would not of had nothing to do with offering said players contracts, so you cannot blame him for that, in most cases his targets went to the Premier League. He cannot also be blamed for not being able to clear out the dead wood, none of which were his signings, for me this has been the biggest problem this summer. As for yesterdays performance, it was poor, especially in 3 circumstances, but they were 3 individual mistakes, as a manager you cannot legislate for that, that is when the players have to have the balls to hold their hand up and take some responsibilty, which for all we know they did in the changing room after the game. As for Kilkenny not starting it was a big dissapointment for me, but again, can anyone on here confirm that he was 100% fit? I cant. With regards the central defensive pairing, personally i would of gone with Carey, but again, was he fit? Both of the players that i would of had in my starting line up had injuries or illness recently, so maybe neither were 100%, so ill just let Millen get on with the job he is paid to do. And i will do what im suppose to do, support my club.

I don't believe you can doubt Keith's commitment. I'm sure that you are right and that he's doing what any of us would do. But like most of us would do...he's failed.

If you don't believe he's up to the job (and I don't) the kindest thing is for his boss - whether it's Sexstone or in reality Lansdown - to let him go and find someone who can do the job we supporters need done.

I don't believe you can doubt Keith's commitment. I'm sure that you are right and that he's doing what any of us would do. But like most of us would do...he's failed.

If you don't believe he's up to the job (and I don't) the kindest thing is for his boss - whether it's Sexstone or in reality Lansdown - to let him go and find someone who can do the job we supporters need done.

But it wouldnt of mattered if Sir Alex Ferguson was sat on the bench on saturday. He wouldnt of been able to stop those 3 individual mistakes. I didnt want to bring this up on my original post, but the stats say they had 3 shots on target( i know you can make stats look exactly how you want, but there aint any arguments with that one!). So we must of been doing something right, We had more attempts than them, considerably more corners than them, but we didnt convert these, again players responsibility. Its too easy to blame the manager imo. I believe things will improve and lets face it, they need too!

My family has had STs for the best part of a decade...first day of POTD was yesterday. Won't be back for a bit...we live miles away we'll save a fortune in petrol and tickets...it was game 46 for KM...may as well have been game 1 IMO.

Fair play to you and your sentiments.

We'll be back when the club is making as much effort as we've made - home and away - in recent years.

Like you had STs for over 12 years continuous *3,we were going to over 50% of away games,however did not go to one away last season with the dross being served up.

Really thought long and hard about renewing this season.we did last day of the second cheapest window, after seeing that rubbish yesterday,we walked at 4.15pm with hundreds of others from the dolman stand.

If we loose the next two games Cardiff and lesta hes on borrowed time.

We had the second lowest crowd in the championship yesterday,people are voting with their feet already.Ipswich had 1500 fans,we had just over 12000 very poor.

But it wouldnt of mattered if Sir Alex Ferguson was sat on the bench on saturday. He wouldnt of been able to stop those 3 individual mistakes. I didnt want to bring this up on my original post, but the stats say they had 3 shots on target( i know you can make stats look exactly how you want, but there aint any arguments with that one!). So we must of been doing something right, We had more attempts than them, considerably more corners than them, but we didnt convert these, again players responsibility. Its too easy to blame the manager imo. I believe things will improve and lets face it, they need too!

Agreed - the stats don't lie - we threw the game away. The players don't escape in my view - but the rot starts at the top - above Millen I believe. We don't have a club set up for success at this level.

Like you had STs for over 12 years continuous *3,we were going to over 50% of away games,however did not go to one away last season with the dross being served up.

Really thought long and hard about renewing this season.we did last day of the second cheapest window, after seeing that rubbish yesterday,we walked at 4.15pm with hundreds of others from the dolman stand.

We had the second lowest crowd in the championship yesterday,people are voting with their feet already.Ipswich had 1500 fans,we had just over 12000 very poor.

We did all the preseason matches - home and away - as part of our summer hols - and more than half the away matches. Great days on the whole. Newcastle away...what a weekend.

But not in the past 18 months.

14517 Att yesterday not 13500 ? What was are average last season 14000 ? So not really voting with feet.

14517 Att yesterday not 13500 ? What was are average last season 14000 ? So not really voting with feet.

It was the lowest since we went up...and second lowest since we played Torquay on the opening day in 2004...when the home support was roughly the same as yesterday. Pretty poor in truth. 4k down on last year.

Just to clear it up, Carey had been ill prior to the game, and I believe if he hadn't been, he would have played alongside Fontaine. I honestly can't believe that Wilson wasn't played at CB and, especially now that we only have 5 subs on the bench, I think the Academy has finally died a death. At least with 7 subs, a couple of kids could get first team experience, if only by being involved from the bench, but now, with so many fringe players, they will not get a look in. R.I.P BCFC Academy.

We did all the preseason matches - home and away - as part of our summer hols - and more than half the away matches. Great days on the whole. Newcastle away...what a weekend.

But not in the past 18 months.

Yes we stayed in the Hilton that weekend,went up Friday great weekend with a credible draw.

Maybe lower first day but there was not as much expectation as the 1st game last season with cop out and James !

No - but expectation is essential. We drove over 350 miles to be there yesterday...

4000 folk were less expectant than last year.

And what a fantastic performance from Dean Gerken. Just saying like...........

It was.

And that tier up in the gods was rocking. Used to be some wonderful YouTube footage. (just checked - still there - "Johnson says..." and all that)

We were in the Premier Inn after a good evening and a great lunch.

It was.

And that tier up in the gods was rocking. Used to be some wonderful YouTube footage. (just checked - still there - "Johnson says..." and all that)

We were in the Premier Inn after a good evening and a great lunch.

We were told by the Geordies we were the loudest for over a season,Johnson says bounce around the ground it was awesome,that was a time when the feel good factor was in abundance.

Curious how long to u think milly will get?

I don't want to go through a season like last it was dire.

Honestly? - he can't go soon enough for me...

...I think he'll be undone by a terrible defeat as was Tinnion

...or we're stuck with him.

Never got to the game Saturday but I've been a season ticket holder for 5 years. I honestly find it embarrassing why so many people are getting so wound up after 1 performance . People should wake up, Bristol city was 11m in debt Last year but our kind chairman bailed us out.we are still punching above out weight so why don't we get behind km . Otib

Archived