IGNORED

Wooden Seats In Williams?

apathy

My workmate, lets call him Gareth Pond to hide his identity, believes there are wooden seats in the Williams and refuses to go the gate until there replaced! This arguement has been ongoing all day. Please clear this up.

I can confirm that I sit on a wooden slat seat in the Williams - it is unfortunately true !

Nuts. Thanks for swift replies. So they are wood. But the good stuff like oak or summat I expect.

You may have won this battle Pond but I will win the war!

I think after a few of them were used as "frizzbees" when playing some of the "nicer" away teams, some of them have been replaced with MDF in places !!

And how bizzare that its the most expensive part of the ground.

Went to VUE last week and paid £1.99 on top of my £5.50 ticket price for a VIP seat, lovely reclining seat with acres of leg room and watched 2hours of good value entertainment for that :closedeyes: .

Wake up CITY before its too late :fingerscrossed:

And how bizzare that its the most expensive part of the ground.

Went to VUE last week and paid £1.99 on top of my £5.50 ticket price for a VIP seat, lovely reclining seat with acres of leg room and watched 2hours of good value entertainment for that :closedeyes: .

Wake up CITY before its too late :fingerscrossed:

Surely it should be wake up football? or should City sell everything dirt cheap so you get to be happy... but the club goes to the wall again?

spiralling debts? ring any bells.

Surely it should be wake up football? or should City sell everything dirt cheap so you get to be happy... but the club goes to the wall again?

Yes sorry Jordan should make my self more clear :surrender: Wake up football :facepalm:

You do get my gist surely as you do SOMETIMES come across as an intelligent chap, or you just looking for yet another argument ?

Not wishing to start an arguement, but many people have referred to what happened in 1982 as relevent to today...but is it really? It's a completely different set of circumstance based on players who had massive contracts over many years.And we didn't have an owner back then who was loaded and could quiet easily swallow the debt without noticing.

I do feel the whole episode has hung like a black cloud over us for many a moon, and has held us back.

We have spiralling debts...but whose fault is that? It's not the fans fault. Why ask the fans to put up with it? The board and SL screwed up.

They in return should be doing everything in their power to attract new fans and old to the ground, and keep the faithful happy. At the moment all i hear is discontent. From prices, to inconvenience, poor quality in all the products, and a general feeling of the Club taking the piss.

There are a few like yourself, who are very understanding of the situation. But like you mentioned in a previous post, many of us middle aged lads have had it up to the back teeth with football in general, and this Club.

What would you suggest to make it better?

Yes sorry Jordan should make my self more clear :surrender: Wake up football :facepalm:

You do get my gist surely as you do SOMETIMES come across as an intelligent chap, or you just looking for yet another argument ?

Argument? Oh you mean making a little thread about me when I've never spoken to you (on here or otherwise) in my life? Hmm. You and MC make a brilliant double act... More Jedward than Morcambe and Wise mind.

Of course I get your gist, but some of the moans levied at the club in the last few weeks are ridiculous. You want to moan about ticket prices? Then you need to get someone to change the entire game.

Unfortunately the cost of a ticket is correct when you consider the wages and other expenses clubs have. If City suddenly dropped the prices they would have to sell all the players and sign crap ones on low wages. Then people, perhaps even yourself, would be moaning about the substandard quality on show, and we would have the same bloody problem....

City have one of the cheapest days out available at this level according to a recent survey... I don't know what more they can do to be honest.

Not wishing to start an arguement, but many people have referred to what happened in 1982 as relevent to today...but is it really? It's a completely different set of circumstance based on players who had massive contracts over many years.And we didn't have an owner back then who was loaded and could quiet easily swallow the debt without noticing.

I do feel the whole episode has hung like a black cloud over us for many a moon, and has held us back.

We have spiralling debts...but whose fault is that? It's not the fans fault. Why ask the fans to put up with it? The board and SL screwed up.

They in return should be doing everything in their power to attract new fans and old to the ground, and keep the faithful happy. At the moment all i hear is discontent. From prices, to inconvenience, poor quality in all the products, and a general feeling of the Club taking the piss.

There are a few like yourself, who are very understanding of the situation. But like you mentioned in a previous post, many of us middle aged lads have had it up to the back teeth with football in general, and this Club.

Well said. :clapping:

Argument? Oh you mean making a little thread about me when I've never spoken to you (on here or otherwise) in my life? Hmm. You and MC make a brilliant double act... More Jedward than Morcambe and Wise mind.

Of course I get your gist, but some of the moans levied at the club in the last few weeks are ridiculous. You want to moan about ticket prices? Then you need to get someone to change the entire game.

Unfortunately the cost of a ticket is correct when you consider the wages and other expenses clubs have. If City suddenly dropped the prices they would have to sell all the players and sign crap ones on low wages. Then people, perhaps even yourself, would be moaning about the substandard quality on show, and we would have the same bloody problem....

City have one of the cheapest days out available at this level according to a recent survey... I don't know what more they can do to be honest.

do you get the impression that most think your the biggest fool on this forum?? maybe your age but i think it maybe down to a little naiviety on your part!!!

i like your banter cuz it makes me laugh, and to a point i respect the fact that you stand by your imbocilic comments but ha ha you make me laugh

and thats 3 bites

My workmate, lets call him Gareth Pond to hide his identity, believes there are wooden seats in the Williams and refuses to go the gate until there replaced! This arguement has been ongoing all day. Please clear this up.

SO YOU WANT TO WASTE MONEY ON NEW SEATS WITH A NEW STADIUM COMING

IF HE WANTS PLASTIC SEATS THEN GO IN ANOTHER STAND

You are a funny chap, I actually quite like you.

Now please lets agree to disagree and dont get spoiling another thread.

Just one point "If City suddenly dropped the prices they would have to sell all the players and sign crap ones" my god, worse than we have now :rofl2br:

You are a funny chap, I actually quite like you.

Now please lets agree to disagree and dont get spoiling another thread.

Just one point "If City suddenly dropped the prices they would have to sell all the players and sign crap ones" my god, worse than we have now :rofl2br:

truebrit, dont....jordan may report u to the ploice or his companys EAP provider, you are discriminating against him ha ha

No Arguments Spud, I do understand where people are coming from, I just don't happen to think it is as bad as they like to make out. Though over-exaggeration is a completely separate issue.

I think what yourself (I assume you agree with the people you've been quoting this week?) and others need to accept is, Mistakes were made. They have already been made and it's quite pointless to moan about them now. We can all have our opinions on what was the reason behind those mistakes, but fundamentally the two people who most would blame have taken their responsibilities and left the club in one way or another. Johnson left as manager and Lansdown has taken a back seat (Not as you keep asserting, Pulled the plug)

Those two actions were the only things that could really have been done after the mistakes that were made under their respective tenures. Now the club is moving at a pace to try rectify those mistakes. We are trying to be prudent (Something Arsene Wenger is worshipped for by a select few on this forum) and we are trying to get the rising debts (Which, having seen the terrible scenes at both Pompey and Plymouth do bear great resemblances to the '82 near disaster, Which is entirely relevant as anything is better than no club at all) down.

What we do have, is the long term promise of a new stadium and a vision to be at least some of the way towards being solvent when that Stadium is built. Maybe in todays society asking for patience and having a long term vision is not acceptable? We have the terrible notion of "Jam today" rather than a long term and structured plan at this club and that saddens me as on paper, building slowly is the only honest and proper way to do things.

I have no suggestions on how to improve it as I still see the off field activities at this club being of the ultimate importance for now, people who cannot see that those activities and of course problems need to be addressed must be blind!!

Archived