IGNORED

Pitman Will Be Lost For Nothing Too?

screech

Ok here's the scenario for the Nicky Maynard fan club, we give Maynard what he wants a season to run his contract down in place of Brett Pitman who we place on the bench, Maynard leaves end of season for nothing, Brett Pitman then only has one year left on his contract. So Brett decides he now wants to run his contract down because he's pissed off about being a bench warmer behind a player who wanted to run his contract down. Not a good situation really is it? That's a lot of money spent for no return.

Hypothetical, yes, but I would be pretty miffed right now if I was Pittman.

Ok here's the scenario for the Nicky Maynard fan club, we give Maynard what he wants a season to run his contract down in place of Brett Pitman who we place on the bench, Maynard leaves end of season for nothing, Brett Pitman then only has one year left on his contract. So Brett decides he now wants to run his contract down because he's pissed off about being a bench warmer behind a player who wanted to run his contract down. Not a good situation really is it? That's a lot of money spent for no return.

Hypothetical, yes, but I would be pretty miffed right now if I was Pittman.

Just another scenario that highlights just how hard the job being City manager is.

We were strong in the goalkeeper department and Millen cocked that up, so It's possible.

No he didn't. The situation with James was determined by the Board when Coppell was in charge. Millen inherited a situation he could not change. Millen would have preferred to keep Henderson and lose James, but James's contract tied his hands, which he found extremely frustrating. He did everything he could to keep Henderson, but the only way he could have done it would have have been to let Gerkin go. Having seen both Gerkin and Henderson, I find it difficult to judge who is the better keeper, but certainly you can't fault Gerkin's attitude.

If

Only on OTIB, if there is nothing happening to moan about lets have a moan about something that might happen in the future!!! :facepalm:

Only on the OTIB forum, the place where discussion is frowned upon. If you don't like free and open discussion forums, maybe you should try some other outlet. Talk to your dog or something. I did say hypothetical.

@Polska.

To be fair I think it's a valid point and one I hope the 'new regime' are thinking about.

There are a number of big decisions they have to make over the next year that are going to decide our short term future and this is one. nm could end up setting a trend with this rubbish of his.

Just another scenario that highlights just how hard the job being City manager is.

Not really robbered ! Were gifted to have 3 quality strikers 1 a multi million pound player the other an experienced striker of high quality who should be in his prime and a young eager striker that we all think will be the next 20 goal a season man!

It's a managers DREAM! surly?

Is the job of being manager for City any more difficult than at any other Club?

It's a very valid point being made by the OP...hopefully it won't come to that.

I'm just hoping Stead bucks his trend of having one good season, then one poor season...his career has gone along those lines. Time will tell...I've never been convinced, hope he does well again this year. Otherwise we could really be stuffed come January.

No he didn't. The situation with James was determined by the Board when Coppell was in charge. Millen inherited a situation he could not change. Millen would have preferred to keep Henderson and lose James, but James's contract tied his hands, which he found extremely frustrating. He did everything he could to keep Henderson, but the only way he could have done it would have have been to let Gerkin go. Having seen both Gerkin and Henderson, I find it difficult to judge who is the better keeper, but certainly you can't fault Gerkin's attitude.

He didn't do everything he could to keep hendo - He gave gerken a 2 year deal which was a shocking decision.

Come next summer, James will retire and gerken will be our keeper... Great!!

I think Henderson is a significantly better keeper, but if what you say is true it's likely KM knew Henderson was unlikely to stay by the time Gerken signed a new deal.

Archived