IGNORED

Would You...

Murraysrightplum

We're two games into the season, have lost, granted in disappointing fashion, to two decent teams.

Don't push the panic the button, and certainly don't push the panic button and in the process piss off some first team starters!

Hunt, Cisse and Stewart already appear destined for 'last resort' roles, don't alienate James, McAllister, Carey, Nyatanga, Fontaine, Skuse, Campbell-Ryce, Woolford, Stead and Pitman!

Understand the reasonning but if Millen picked this side he'd be sacked within a week.

James; Carey, Wilson, Fontaine; Spence, Skuse, Kilkenny, Elliott, Woolford; Nicky, Stead. Would do me fine on Wednesday. Doesn't sound like Alberts had the greatest start to the season & spence/wooly could do well at wing back IMO.

We're two games into the season, have lost, granted in disappointing fashion, to two decent teams.

Don't push the panic the button, and certainly don't push the panic button and in the process piss off some first team starters!

Hunt, Cisse and Stewart already appear destined for 'last resort' roles, don't alienate James, McAllister, Carey, Nyatanga, Fontaine, Skuse, Campbell-Ryce, Woolford, Stead and Pitman!

Understand the reasonning but if Millen picked this side he'd be sacked within a week.

Maybe they need to get pissed off and then go out and prove they are worth picking in the starting 11? I think some players need to be dropped sometimes to get the best out of them. The trick about being a good man manager is knowing who needs to be dropped and who needs to have an arm round the shoulder. Sadly I think many of our first team think they are undroppable.

P.S. We have been 'creamed' in the first 2 games so why not do it with players who actually want to give 100% and are the future of the club?

We have lots of possible teams that we can put up (hell we have 35 players at the club)... I would go with a solid 4-5-1 to get some points on the board maybe

GK James

LB McAllister

RB Spence

CD Fontaine

CD Wilson

DM Cisse

CM Kilkenny

CM Elliott

LW Woolford

RW Adomah

S Maynard/Pitman

at home I would drop the DM and play a AM (maybe Bolaise playing behind the forward ahead of the midfield - after all he seems to like to run at defenders).

Importantly though, we have some solid players in the team - even McAllister who seems to come under a lot of stick plays well with cover (aka Woolford) in front of him, he cannot however play in a 4-3-3 where he has 2-4 players running at him.

Cisse has proved at the end of last season he is our best defensive midfielder, Woolford is solid going forward and defending on the left wing (Though not spectacular at either, but at least he can perform both the roles during the match).

Get this team playing week in week out and we will start to gain results, then plan for off loading 10-15 players by the end of this season and bring in a few quality (I mean top quality - best for the this league) leaving us with around 21-25 players with the youth team being the cover should we find we have 6-10 injuries....

Its all very well saying play the youngsters, but KM would need to justify this to CS. CS will ask why am i paying X amout of £ for a first team that is not in the first team?

Dodgy ground, you can't just play the youngsters on a whim, too much is at stake, you win with them you are a hero, you lose with them you lose your job instantly.

Drop the majority of the 'comfortable' under performing players for some young/hungry players?

I'd be tempted to play this team:

Gerken

Riberio Spence Wilson Edwards

Albert Kilkenny Elliott Bolaise

Reid

Maynard

Ok they probably wouldn't beat Leicester but at least it would give the whole squad a kick up the backside...

Oh dear, another person who is obsessed with Marv it seems, he is one of the most overated players we have, he can't pass the dam ball 5 metres and hes supposed to be a midfielder !

Id much rather have Skuse or Cisse, proper footballers who dont just run around headless !

Oh dear, another person who is obsessed with Marv it seems, he is one of the most overated players we have, he can't pass the dam ball 5 metres and hes supposed to be a midfielder !

Id much rather have Skuse or Cisse, proper footballers who dont just run around headless !

I'm sorry but Marv was the only one yesterday going in for 50/50 tackles whole heartedly, the only other player who put some effort in was Martyn Woolford! Now i'd much rather Marv play alongside Kilkenny, Marv winning the ball in midfield and Kilkenny pulling the strings. Plus Marv added a few goals last season, 8 was it? How many did Skuse and Cisse score together?

I'm sorry but Marv was the only one yesterday going in for 50/50 tackles whole heartedly, the only other player who put some effort in was Martyn Woolford! Now i'd much rather Marv play alongside Kilkenny, Marv winning the ball in midfield and Kilkenny pulling the strings. Plus Marv added a few goals last season, 8 was it? How many did Skuse and Cisse score together?

How many more would Pitman, Stead or Maynard have scored if Marv could pass a ball? And i've sia dit before, 8 goals isnt exactly Gerrard and Lampard level is it ?

How many more would Pitman, Stead or Maynard have scored if Marv could pass a ball? And i've sia dit before, 8 goals isnt exactly Gerrard and Lampard level is it ?

Gerrard or Lampard level?! We're not playing in the Premier League fella, we're struggling for Championship status as it stands.

And if I'm perfectly honest probably none, did you see the one Pitman missed for 6 yards yesterday? Open goal and he smashes it against the bar, brilliant.

Gerrard or Lampard level?! We're not playing in the Premier League fella, we're struggling for Championship status as it stands.

And if I'm perfectly honest probably none, did you see the one Pitman missed for 6 yards yesterday? Open goal and he smashes it against the bar, brilliant.

Closest chance we even had in the first half, and probably if we had scored it may well have inspired confidence and ended the game with a different result. Confidence being non-existent at this present time of course.

Marvin is in the midfield to win the ball, be a physical presence and now it seems score goals. Players of his calibre to stop the midfield being overrun and break down opposition moves are not ten-a-penny. If he were a complete player he'd be at a better team than us. Other players alongside him have struggled enough with creativity, it's not his job.

Marvin is in the midfield to win the ball, be a physical presence and now it seems score goals. Players of his calibre to stop the midfield being overrun and break down opposition moves are not ten-a-penny. If he were a complete player he'd be at a better team than us. Other players alongside him have struggled enough with creativity, it's not his job.

Indeed.

Same can be said for skuse. This is why it is puzzling why skuse and Elliot are always picked together!

Indeed.

Same can be said for skuse. This is why it is puzzling why skuse and Elliot are always picked together!

I don't know about Skuse being a physical presence, he makes amazing timely tackles but up against someone of Marvin's stature of course it's harder to keep possession. I guess he's tougher than he looks :)

Marv isn't in the team for his goals or passing though is he! He's in there to provide steel, constant energy and fighting spirit. He's one of the few that actually looks like he has pride in the shirt at the moment. Elliot should play every game, the creativity should not be coming from him but those around him. It's really not hard to work this out.

On the subject of the team Millen has a big problem and in some ways I feel sorry for him. In James and Maynard he has two undroppable players. James because it is hard to justify having your highest earner sitting on the bench and Maynard because with all the speculation surrounding him he feels like he has to play him and that is a horrible situation. How many games in a row does James need to be shit before he is dropped? I have no idea and as I've posted before I doubt Millen does. With Maynard by no means playing at his best it is also going to get frustrating for Stead and Pitman as they drift continuously in and out of the team for the other one as Nicky is never dropped. It's so predictable it's laughable. If Stead gets the nod Pitman will replace him on the hour and vice versa, it doesn't matter how shit Maynard might be playing by this point (as the two opening games have shown) he will stay on. My mate predicted Stead on for Pitman on 57 minutes yesterday, it happened on 58 and a half....football shouldn't be that predictable!

What I will say is that Reid should be on the bench. I believe only one of Skuse and Elliot should start in midfield and that player is Elliot for me. However rather than the other taking up a spot on the bench they may as well be dropped from the squad. This may sound strange but when losing bringing on the creative Reid is surely a better bet than bringing on Skuse to "get stuck in".

Personally I believe Millen will pick the team that ended the game yesterday with the exception of Albert for JCR. It's not looking promising and I can see us getting stuffed again. Talking to a few people when we arrived back at the Gate yesterday those of us that are going to Leicester all shared the same feeling. That feeling was dread and that is not how you should be feeling 3 games into the season before you visit a team that has already lost one of their games!

We have lots of possible teams that we can put up (hell we have 35 players at the club)... I would go with a solid 4-5-1 to get some points on the board maybe

GK James

LB McAllister

RB Spence

CD Fontaine

CD Wilson

DM Cisse

CM Kilkenny

CM Elliott

LW Woolford

RW Adomah

S Maynard/Pitman

at home I would drop the DM and play a AM (maybe Bolaise playing behind the forward ahead of the midfield - after all he seems to like to run at defenders).

Importantly though, we have some solid players in the team - even McAllister who seems to come under a lot of stick plays well with cover (aka Woolford) in front of him, he cannot however play in a 4-3-3 where he has 2-4 players running at him.

Cisse has proved at the end of last season he is our best defensive midfielder, Woolford is solid going forward and defending on the left wing (Though not spectacular at either, but at least he can perform both the roles during the match).

Get this team playing week in week out and we will start to gain results, then plan for off loading 10-15 players by the end of this season and bring in a few quality (I mean top quality - best for the this league) leaving us with around 21-25 players with the youth team being the cover should we find we have 6-10 injuries....

Side seems worth going with, that central 3 of Kilkenny, Cisse and Elliott seems well balanced. 4-3-3/4-5-1 hybrid would combine ball retention with solidity I guess- I'm guessing Cisse must be injured, surprised not to have seen him so far. James has conceded 6 in 2 games though, which is less than ideal!

Side seems worth going with, that central 3 of Kilkenny, Cisse and Elliott seems well balanced. 4-3-3/4-5-1 hybrid would combine ball retention with solidity I guess- I'm guessing Cisse must be injured, surprised not to have seen him so far. James has conceded 6 in 2 games though, which is less than ideal!

Cisse isn't injured and his lack of action has been startling. He was made to play the games with the likes of Hunt and the kids in pre-season so I can only assume he's done something to annoy Millen as otherwise we have treated him like a c ** t. If there isn't a genuine reason he's being ignored then it is wrong...very wrong.

I notice in KM's latest statement regarding the Leicester game, he say's that we've not given ourselves a chance in the previous two games, something he looking to put right against Leicester, and it was 'now the time to be Brave'.

Am i reading too much into that last comment, or is it just standard manager waffle and bluster?

Is Milley going to be 'Brave' and change the formation/Team line up drastically?

Anyone else think this might be the case?

I can see Woolford starting at LB for a start.

Closest chance we even had in the first half, and probably if we had scored it may well have inspired confidence and ended the game with a different result. Confidence being non-existent at this present time of course.

It may have been a different result if we had scored but we didn't. Pitman should be scoring those kind of chances week in week out. It's what he's paid to do.

Archived