IGNORED

Let's Be Rational For A Bit...

Greedo

Okay, as the title says, this is a thread for rational thinking.

I get some of the negativity, being bottom, 0 points etc. but how may of you expected us to be better off after the FIRST 2 GAMES when the fixture list came out?

Cardiff and Ipswich are both favourites to do well this season and I would have expected us to be beaten by both of them TBH.

Leeds are in the same position as us and how many of their fans are calling for the managers head?

Let's get behind the boys and Keith and if we still have no points after 7 games then we can all take our toasters to the bath.

COYR we're only a few points off the playoffs!

I would be surprised if anybody expected us to win at Cardiff but a point against Ipswich would not have been an outrageous expectation; they have after all lost their 2 games since. But as I keep saying (sorry) and as Keith has now said it is not the defeats it is the manner of defeat. All the worst features of last season are there with no sign of the improvement a full pre-season was supposed to bring. However Keith cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.:disapointed2se:

its not about not having any points and yes I expect us to beat any team at Ashton Gate if you don't win at home then whats the point in playing there?

Its the manner of our defeats that are worrying no fit no leadership no tactics,

Johnson got hounded out of this club by roob and others for playing players at of postion and some disapointing results but are having ago a people who are now doing what they did (after only 4 months) to Millen,

Anyway I expect a team to at least fight but it looks like our players are signing millens death warrent they don't want to play for him just like they did with Johnson,

Okay, as the title says, this is a thread for rational thinking.

I get some of the negativity, being bottom, 0 points etc. but how may of you expected us to be better off after the FIRST 2 GAMES when the fixture list came out?

Cardiff and Ipswich are both favourites to do well this season and I would have expected us to be beaten by both of them TBH.

Leeds are in the same position as us and how many of their fans are calling for the managers head?

Let's get behind the boys and Keith and if we still have no points after 7 games then we can all take our toasters to the bath.

COYR we're only a few points off the playoffs!

Ipswich 3p, Cardiff 0, Leicester 0. That was my prediction when I saw the fixture. Hard opening but still no panic. Whats worrieng is 1-6 score. Maybe Cisse will play def mid and help the defence.

I didn't fancy us to take many points from the first four games but expected us to field a side that suits a formation and one that at least looks to show a bit of desire and been in a game. Didn't go to Cardiff but sounded like we were well beat and at Ipswich we never looked threatened but also didn't threaten ourselves. Boring football, although I'd take that with 3 points.

What i expect from our Club, and reality is miles apart.

I expect our Club considering how long most of the players and coaching staff have been together, to at least be a mid table side, and play in a way, where it looks like they have a game plan and not look like a team of complete strangers.

What i saw of Ipswich... I thought they were average at best, but didn't break sweat against us. I expected at least a point.

As for the Cardiff game...toss a coin...any result could happen, but my head said a loss.

But like has been said by the manager and so many fans...it's not losing, it's the manner in which we lose.

We look very, very poor in every department. Even our beloved Maynard. He may score goals, but i think his work rate could be better, especially when making space for others. All imho of course.

Most on this site were prepared for mid table finish ! So why worry if we get beat by some if the promotion favourites ? Surely that was expected ?

By some (me included) but not by those who didn't want Millen appointed in the first place. Now, after two defeats they are sitting at their keyboards with their trousers bulging at the thought of Millen getting the sack.

By some (me included) but not by those who didn't want Millen appointed in the first place. Now, after two defeats they are sitting at their keyboards with their trousers bulging at the thought of Millen getting the sack.

Sweet Jesus. The irony in this post burns.

I don't think anyone deep down blames Milley for our demise. Any new manager that comes in would still have to work with the same players. It wouldn't make our players better quality, but there is an arguement that a new face could be more inspireational and try different tactics. Who knows...it could work, it may not.

Most fans are just deeply disappointed that the Club has been allowed to run like it has. Foolish decisions have been made financially. We have the highest percentage wage deficite to income in the Championship 124%...How can a top financial businessman let this happen? It's ok being loyal to a manager, but a point comes where you have to say, No...enough is enough. Too much misguided loyalty has caused our current demise. It's not Milleys fault at all.

Irony? Please explain what that word actually means.

An event that seems contrary to what one would expect, often resulting in amusement.

Such as, in this instance, your highly ammusing criticism of others for doing the exact thing you yourself did with a previous manager.

We have started the season just as last, aimlessly playing square balls mixed with the hoof from the back. The tempo of our game is slow and

so easy to defend against. We only seem to be a half decent side when we inject some pace and urgency into our play. How many games must

we go before KM either realises this or kicks some players a55. Much rather go down fighting than the slow death we have been subljected so far.

KMs comments in the Evening post last night riled me, saying as much as the game was over at half time, its never over until the whistle goes Keith.

That type of comment will never inspire a team to fight to the death, which is what we need right now to dig us out of what at the moment is a only a

shallow hole, but a hole with potential to get bigger and bigger.

Most on this site were prepared for mid table finish ! So why worry if we get beat by some if the promotion favourites ? Surly that was expected ?

Are Ipswich really promotion favourites?

I certainly didn't expect to lose at home to Ipswich when the fixtures came out.

After a Summer of not strengthening the defence, and seeing the team KM selected, I had little hope on the day.

I never expect Bristol City to lose a home match, we should always be able to rely on the tactics of the manager, and desire of the players, to give us a fighting chance of beating any opponents at AG.

Most of us were indeed prepared for a mid table (even lower mid table) finish, but with the performances so far it doesn't look like we're going to get one, does it?

Most of us would be very happy with mid-table, i'm sure. Most of us would be forgiving if we're getting beaten by the so called favourites. But, to right us off before a ball is kicked and to accept a defeat before a game is ridiculous. All i want, i'm sure many agree, is to be competitive in this league. There should be no reason not to be. Yet to see it though which makes our results harder to take.

Are Ipswich really promotion favourites?

Still a bit baffled by this Ashton1, one of the 'promotion favourites' Ipswich 3-0 down at home to Southampton at half time.

Far from promotion candidates this Ipswich team looks to be in almost as much trouble and disarray as we do.

Far more worrying in retrospect now that it looks like our opening day defeat may have been against one of the weaker teams in the division and it may have turned out we lost a 6 pointer against a rival for relegation.speechless-smiley-040.gif

Archived