IGNORED

Macca

Pete1975Legend

Great Performance from Macca linked up really well with left side of midfield, some great crosses and put his body on the line in front of several shots.

One great cross in the 1st half from a corner their keeper all over the shop shame city don't put someone in to attack the ball in the 6 yard box was a nice easy header for someone.

So yes, we need cover at left back but we don't need a new one thats for sure.

The guy is a bloody hero. Plays through the pain barrier and puts everything on the line to stop the ball coming near our goal, two or three fantastic blocks today and some excellent work on the ball down the left with the immaculate JCR.

He is also the first man to put his hands up and take one for the team on the halfway line. Call me cynical but I love the fact he will take the booking to stop and attack and I love the fact he gets in the ear of ******* like Kitson.

Top bloke.

His distribution was as good as I've ever seen it, and saying that our 'hoofs' became decent long balls today - having more width than normal may have helped, some quality balls down the channels from Skuse in particular.

Lawrence is a good player, Macca had a goo game.

His distribution was as good as I've ever seen it, and saying that our 'hoofs' became decent long balls today.

1 or 2 were decent balls - one by spence that went straight to JCR feet.

But we wasted the ball so much today - Wilson was the main culprit

1 or 2 were decent balls - one by spence that went straight to JCR feet.

But we wasted the ball so much today - Wilson was the main culprit

What I would say about Wilson was he tried to play diagonal balls for JCR to run on to all night, but he doesn't chip the ball with back spin like say, Louis, and simply punted it and the ball always had too much pace on it. That is something he needs to be coached as it's small details like that that make a huge difference.

What I would say about Wilson was he tried to play diagonal balls for JCR to run on to all night, but he doesn't chip the ball with back spin like say, Louis, and simply punted it and the ball always had too much pace on it. That is something he needs to be coached as it's small details like that that make a huge difference.

It would be better if he was coached not to try it at all and instead our coaching was directed at our five midfielders who didn't between them manage to give Wilson or Nyatanga many options but hoofing it in the second half. Movement is what's needed, when in possession do not stand on your heels next to your marker.

It would be better if he was coached not to try it at all and instead our coaching was directed at our five midfielders who didn't between them manage to give Wilson or Nyatanga many options but hoofing it in the second half. Movement is what's needed, when in possession do not stand on your heels next to your marker.

True enough, but the lofted diagonal pass is a useful break away tactic and has actually served us quite well when used correctly. Defenders come under pressure and it is a useful tactic to release said pressure and still have a possible line of attack. It has certainly been over-used in recent seasons, but that doesn't detract from it being an important tool in a defenders armoury. Ferdinand, Carragher, Luiz and pretty much any other "ball playing centre half" uses it to their advantage and Wilson does need to learn that chipping the ball with backspin into space is the correct technique as opposed to putting his foot cleanly through the ball.

True enough, in the first half certainly it was better though.

Was second only to Skuse in the giving the ball directly to an opponent stakes and his set pieces were extremely unspectacular, but his defensive work, positioning and marking was sound so by his standards he had a good game. MoM - you're having a giraffe!

cant stand his pose and arm raising before every free kick or corner, he gives the same signal for every cross/corner and usually they are floated crosses - every centre halves dream IMO. If he could just stop knocking most balls like a pitchin wedge he'd be alright. Some very clever through balls today though

Probably the best game I can remember him having, largely because he kept his passing mostly short and crisp instead of whoooosing it aimlessly up the pitch as usual.

Maybe he's finally read this forum as realised how pissed off fans are with his hopeful punts to no-one in particular and has decided to become a changed man..................fingerscrossed.gif

Archived