IGNORED

Any Match Thread?

slartibartfast

Haha what a joke. 3 league 2 defeats on the trot and then they come and beat us.

We are a joke, no doubt the Millen Brigade will have excuses at the ready. Like "it's not an important cup" blah blah blah.

No one has claimed that.

I'm unfortunate in not being able to attend tonight. Child issue's. Listening on player. However I have some family friends who are Swindon fans and at the game!! I'm getting so much grief it's untrue. We are really ******* bad. I think I give up, if we can't motivate ourselves to play well against a local team, 2 divisions below us then I can't be arsed to watch! Really, really gutted!! Please score!!!

The man is all talk with no substance.

Im surprised thats even in print because when Keith Millen has something to say its either pointless, boring or exactly the same as what he said in the previous interview.

Absolutely agree with this sadly. But we all know the board won't do anything about it.

Usually im pissed off when the missus books a holiday when we are at home. This year I will miss the home game versus Brighton...

..frankly I really couldnt give a **** . Im off on holiday away from that shower of shite..sadly only for 10 days compared to some of those arseholes who seem to think they are still on theirs

FFS - will you all just get over yourselves! We're not a massive club, we don't automatically deserve a place in the highest echelons of the league system just because we're the biggest team in one of the county's biggest cities. Personally I'm happy that we are in the league we're in and would welcome consolidation of our position before we target the top flight. Ok, so we got to the play off final in our first season - but this for me has created an over-heightened sense of expectation from so many fans. The Championship is full of teams with great potential and equally arguable credentials for getting in to the premier league. It's going to bs a hard slog and we'll be judged over the course of a season not three games in. Yes, I'd love to see us perform better given the players we have but I dont blindly expect us to win every game just because I want us to. Can we all just chill out a bit and not lose sight of where we were just 4 years ago. COYR

The man is all talk with no substance.

Im surprised thats even in print because when Keith Millen has something to say its either pointless, boring or exactly the same as what he said in the previous interview.

Actually i have to disagree with your last point; Millen is consistently inconsistent in what he says.

I am pretty good at motivating myself and do it day in and day out and i guess when you are paid a good packet in football you too should be able to motivate yourself without assistance from anyone. However, once in a while it would be nice to be motivated by your boss, your leader and your coach and frankly i think most of the City players, en masse, cannot get motivated from that avenue, at least not often.

And that, in my opinion, is our malaise in a nutshell and long will it continue as things stand; this bunch of players are perfectly capable of beating any other team in this league, we have already shown that, albeit once, this season. Consistency comes from the management doing what they need to do week in and week out and we have not seen that since our first season back in this league.

Im sorry you are wrong this group of players arent capable of beating any team in the league. You cant polish a turd!!!

Dont get me wrong this is in no way sticking up for Keith Millen its his team and they arent good enough. Not in management, Not defensively, not creatively in midfield, not in attack other than the unnamed one who unsuprisingly is going to jump from the sinking ship. This team was not good enough before we kicked a ball and if anyone can say they were happy with the squad before kick off against Ipswich quite frankly they are dillusional.

And as for Leicester its amazing how well a player plays when he is trying to impress his new club to be.

"

"I'm more than confident we will be able to name a strong enough side to make it a very hard night for Swindon"

yep well done keith, you did make it a hard night for swindon, how embarrasing for them, they only scored 1 against us to beat us, how shite must they be? We should be tearing up some contracts for this crock of $hite, and tell them to get stuffed. If those players cant do any better against a league 2 team they shouldnt be playing for a championship club, and if millen has that many players at his disposal, and cant get them to do any better against a league 2 club, he should be kicked straight out as well.

FFS - will you all just get over yourselves! We're not a massive club, we don't automatically deserve a place in the highest echelons of the league system just because we're the biggest team in one of the county's biggest cities. Personally I'm happy that we are in the league we're in and would welcome consolidation of our position before we target the top flight. Ok, so we got to the play off final in our first season - but this for me has created an over-heightened sense of expectation from so many fans. The Championship is full of teams with great potential and equally arguable credentials for getting in to the premier league. It's going to bs a hard slog and we'll be judged over the course of a season not three games in. Yes, I'd love to see us perform better given the players we have but I dont blindly expect us to win every game just because I want us to. Can we all just chill out a bit and not lose sight of where we were just 4 years ago. COYR

Easily pleased.

I'll be pissed off if we look relegation fodder and then lose to a basement club in the cup and play shit whilst doing so, if that's ok with you and your utopia?

Wow so much wrong about this post I could be here all night.

Who is saying we should be at the highest level? Name one person on here?

We all know where we were 5 years ago. Bad decision after bad decision put us there. We are going backwards and if something doesn't give....we will, eventually, end up back there.

Take your Rose tinted specs off and look at what's going on.

Theres something seriously not right behind the scenes at the moment. We are playing a team who man for man are worse than us and they dont appear to be too up for it either.

Why arnt the fringe players playing like they have something to prove?

Certainly true everything about the club is downbeat on and off the pitch. 3 defeats in 5, three games in which we have not scored (but of course we don't need Mayanrd| and we have Keith's exciting new attacking style), public disagreements between the Manager and Chairman, Maynard allowed to string he club along ad infinitum, trying to sell Fontaine who turns out to be a key player when he fails a medical, etc. etc. . Looks like the future has been postponed indefinitely.:tumbleweed:

Were you out of the country when Millen said "no excuses", he dosen't need your help.

Pathetic, gutless, clueless, pointless, and utterly SHIT!!

no more excuses, no more pissing about, Millen bloody resign, you couldnt inspire anything in a million years.

You've had 40 odd games, and you STILL cant get a decent team together, you cant lead, inspire, coach.

For the good of Bristol City Football Club, just clear your desk and go.. while we still have a chance of survival

What the **** is happening to this God-forsaken club ?

We were heading in the right direction. We really were.

Now we are left with

A distraction of a stadium fight

An "owner" who seems to have lost interest

A chairman who may as well have strings

A Manager who's hands are tied but im sure if they were free he'd still fold his bloody arms

A team who are ......well i'll let you lot decide

+1

+2

+3

+4

Went into todays game with the 'its only the league cup lets concentrate on the league' mentallity. Now im just pissed off with another early cup exit. Was gonna take the misses down the gate tonight for her first game but glad i saved the 20 quid.

Regarding the team, bunch of oxygen thiefs, total bag of shit and will not improve as things are.

Archived