IGNORED

Any Match Thread?

slartibartfast

Pathetic, gutless, clueless, pointless, and utterly SHIT!!

no more excuses, no more pissing about, Millen bloody resign, you couldnt inspire anything in a million years.

You've had 40 odd games, and you STILL cant get a decent team together, you cant lead, inspire, coach.

For the good of Bristol City Football Club, just clear your desk and go.. while we still have a chance of survival

Best post on here and most will agree. Is there anyway we can dig ourselves out the mire we are in>

I would hate to be in their boots tonight after the game, Scott has told us Keef is not a man to the wrong side of. I hope he dosen't throw tonights DVD at them.

His precise words were about Keith not being afraid to tell you he wants more from you. Must have the players quaking. Obviously worked at half time too.:innocent06:

Now, it might surprise some... but I would'nt blame this defeat on Millen...

We always struggle against lower league opposition....

I would'nt judge Millen on a result against an up for it, League Two team

Also with the benefit of hindsight - I think it would be have been better giving the likes of Reid/Bolasie a run out - they would have had no problems with motivating themselves....

FFS - will you all just get over yourselves! We're not a massive club, we don't automatically deserve a place in the highest echelons of the league system just because we're the biggest team in one of the county's biggest cities. Personally I'm happy that we are in the league we're in and would welcome consolidation of our position before we target the top flight. Ok, so we got to the play off final in our first season - but this for me has created an over-heightened sense of expectation from so many fans. The Championship is full of teams with great potential and equally arguable credentials for getting in to the premier league. It's going to bs a hard slog and we'll be judged over the course of a season not three games in. Yes, I'd love to see us perform better given the players we have but I dont blindly expect us to win every game just because I want us to. Can we all just chill out a bit and not lose sight of where we were just 4 years ago. COYR

Absolutely nothing wrong with us being in the Championship.

What gets up my gander, however, and most other critics is that we are told week in and week out by the Guru in charge that our target is promotion, that we will have our strongest team out, that we are not going to be a casualty to a 'giant killing' exercise, etc etc etc... on and on and on. People buy into that in the close season and buy a season ticket and they expect, yes expect, us to compete at this level and, with all the carp dished out they have an absolute right to expect that. If we are amending our ambitions as a club then BCFC should come out and say so and people can then amend expectations accordingly. We all know they can't for obvious financial reasons and, therefore, supporters have a right to bitch as much as they want. I feel really sorry for the 11k season ticket holders except those who are perfectly happy with lower mid table, like you I assume, because in reality they have been sold a pup.

Two more poor results and a lot will be calling for his head.. and frankly... you cannot blame them.

Now, it might surprise some... but I would'nt blame this defeat on Millen...

We always struggle against lower league opposition....

I would'nt judge Millen on a result against an up for it, League Two team

Also with the benefit of hindsight - I think it would be have been better giving the likes of Reid/Bolasie a run out - they would have had no problems with motivating themselves....

An up for it League 2 team, but why aren't we an up for it Championship team? Because Millen has no motivational skills what so ever !

Were you out of the country when Millen said "no excuses", he dosen't need your help.

But of course he immediately started making excuses. Poor bugger needs all the help he can get. Feels sadly like John "I don't know what to do next" Ward. 2 nice guys with the same problem?

Wow so much wrong about this post I could be here all night.

Who is saying we should be at the highest level? Name one person on here?

We all know where we were 5 years ago. Bad decision after bad decision put us there. We are going backwards and if something

doesn't give....we will, eventually, end up back there.

Take your Rose tinted specs off and look at what's going on.

Hey it's your opinion countering mine, nothing more. I don't have a rose tinted view of the situation. I don't see that we're going backward, more that we over achieved in our first season back in the championship and believe we've found our true level for now. I am sure that the squad we have is capable of much better but we don't have the history or recent success to attract a better level of coaching staff. I don't see us as relegation fodder and remain confident of a top half finish.

I don't follow this forum as religiously as others but it's easy enough to see that so many have expectations well beyond what's reasonable to expect. They seem to forget this league is comprised of at least 15 teams with more recent success than ours. So who has the rise tinted view now? Me or those that expect, more likely demand a top 6 finish?!

Absolutely nothing wrong with us being in the Championship.

What gets up my gander, however, and most other critics is that we are told week in and week out by the Guru in charge that our target is promotion, that we will have our strongest team out, that we are not going to be a casualty to a 'giant killing' exercise, etc etc etc... on and on and on. People buy into that in the close season and buy a season ticket and they expect, yes expect, us to compete at this level and, with all the carp dished out they have an absolute right to expect that. If we are amending our ambitions as a club then BCFC should come out and say so and people can then amend expectations accordingly. We all know they can't for obvious financial reasons and, therefore, supporters have a right to bitch as much as they want. I feel really sorry for the 11k season ticket holders except those who are perfectly happy with lower mid table, like you I assume, because in reality they have been sold a pup.

Two more poor results and a lot will be calling for his head.. and frankly... you cannot blame them.

Crucial point I think. Sexton and Millen need to get their ducks in a row and start singing from the same hymn sheet (mixed metaphors eh?). The strategy appears to be managed decline with fingers crossed that we survive in the Championship. Time to own up.

FFS - will you all just get over yourselves! We're not a massive club, we don't automatically deserve a place in the highest echelons of the league system just because we're the biggest team in one of the county's biggest cities. Personally I'm happy that we are in the league we're in and would welcome consolidation of our position before we target the top flight. Ok, so we got to the play off final in our first season - but this for me has created an over-heightened sense of expectation from so many fans. The Championship is full of teams with great potential and equally arguable credentials for getting in to the premier league. It's going to bs a hard slog and we'll be judged over the course of a season not three games in. Yes, I'd love to see us perform better given the players we have but I dont blindly expect us to win every game just because I want us to. Can we all just chill out a bit and not lose sight of where we were just 4 years ago. COYR

get over ourselves ? Are you ******* joking? Of course this applies to me as Im one bastard whinger on here.

I paid hard cash for my season ticket...no I raided our savings knowing full well i shouldnt have, to get my season ticket and we're served up with this dross ?

I havent metioned MASSIVE or highest ECHELONS like you accuse but i have mentioned plenty of times of the inept manager we have and the pathetic attempt by the players.

I do NOT expect Premier League football now...in fact I shy from it as i dread to think the prices.

What I DO expect is the team to be guided by a man who knows his tactics and NOT come out with same lily-livered excuses

What I DO expect is effort by the players. I want a win but i will applaud if there is effort

What I DO expect is a team that can at least score and throughout the team NOT just the man who is upfront

What I DONT expect is this shower of shite to lose three nil at Home

What I DONT expect is to lose at home to a team that is in League 2.

What I DONT expect is the same ******* flannel that comes out of the mouths of the players, management and board !!

You say "Can we all just chill out a bit and not lose sight of where we were just 4 years ago" ?

Well my friend four years ago we had a better team for a start !

But of course he immediately started making excuses. Poor bugger needs all the help he can get. Feels sadly like John "I don't know what to do next" Ward. 2 nice guys with the same problem?

Probably.

John Ward is a good lower league gaffer, having been in the game for 20 years this is where he is most effective. He is able to manage the egos of lower league players who are much easier to handle and motivate and Keith Millen, with 1 year's experience in the hot seat of football, would probably be most effective in a league or two....... you can finish the sentence.

Sexton and Millen need to get their ducks in a row and start singing from the same hymn sheet (mixed metaphors eh?).

Not to mention this.

I mean lets be frank here guys.. we have gone from Lansdown and Johnson to Sexstone and Millen. ... that is really all we need to know.

If he wont resign FIRE him...................Arn, you know we cannot risk relegation more than most

Gutless, Embarrassing, Spinless, Useless, Pathetic bunch of overpaid premadonna,s

This is a squad with serious problems and a poor manager who cannot inspire his playing staff one little bit.

If Doncaster give us a good hiding saturday then hopefully the board including Steve Lansdown, will use common sense and make the correct decision hopefully.

What is very worrying is that the crowds are creeping down slowly and even all us die hards who have had season tickets for as long as i can remember are getting seriously pissed off with the whole situation at Ashton Gate.

How are the club ever going to draw back the thousands already missing this season after that display tonight?

Archived