IGNORED

Arsene Wenger

Jordan Tansley

Classic example of a team who doesn't evolve with the times.

The thing with Araenal now is even £50m wouldnt be enough to get them challenging again.

Never replaced senior players, keeps bringing in kids for the "future".

I admire the bloke sticking to his morales and philosophy's.....however he has blew it at Arsenal .

Well has to sign some quality experienced players. Especially with the money they have generated. I can't see the board dumping him. They will give him this transfer period and January period at the very least. With the players he has no other manager is going to come in and change that. It's a completely different ethos to most clubs

Similar situation to us, manager who is unable to extract the best out of a group of players and that very same group of players being themselves average at best, tied down on medium to long contracts and on high wages with little re-sale potential or interest. Also bringing through a group of younger players who aren't the answer.

Obvious difference is though, Arsenal are still a top 6 premier league club!!!

They lost massively today, but your having a laugh when your trying to make out he isn't a good manager, because he is, no doubt about it.

Yes, he desperately needs to buy, and buy big, but the foundations he has built at Arsenal are immense.

Congratulations on the unbelievably pathetic thread. It's cringeworthy how embarrassing your attempted point scoring is.

On the subject of Wenger today was horrible. It was genuinely sad to see this happen to such a great Club and such a great manager. As soon as the team was announced it was quite clearly going to end in a heavy defeat, but 8 was unbelievable. Of course the injury and suspension situation is a nightmare but the team showed no fight whatsoever and had what appeared to be a football league back four. Investment is needed and I hope Wenger buys at least one defender before Wednesday.

As I said before obviously he has his flaws but Arsenal can't compete with the likes of United, Chelsea and City with wages and the Nasri situation sums that up. Wenger is clearly an outstanding manager and as anyone in football who knows anything has said, he has achieved a hell of a lot at Arsenal and receives much unwarranted stick. I hope Arsenal can turn it around as they are a great Club and sacking Wenger would be beyond foolish. He does however need to go out and invest.

Arsenal fan on 606 is making a good point. The inherited defence of Adams, keown, seaman etc meant he could not go wrong. Since they left they have won nothing. Good teams win with good defences. And he has never bought a good defender etc............... I can't argue with that really.

Dear Mr Wenger,

It's apparent that you are currently experiencing many problems with your team, on todays showing the defence is extremely exposed.

Doncha just eight it when that happens.

I'm wondering if perhaps we can be of any assitance to you in that department?... we'd be more than pleased to help out by offering you the use of Nicky Hunt, infact we'd love to be able to shove him up your ARSEnal for you. Just say the word.

All the best, bye for now.

:farmer:

Arsenal fan on 606 is making a good point. The inherited defence of Adams, keown, seaman etc meant he could not go wrong. Since they left they have won nothing. Good teams win with good defences. And he has never bought a good defender etc............... I can't argue with that really.

ah sol campbell, lauren and gael clichy were all champion winners, as was ashley cole who was developed by wenger, vermaelen is also an exceptional centre back

Similar situation to us, manager who is unable to extract the best out of a group of players and that very same group of players being themselves average at best, tied down on medium to long contracts and on high wages with little re-sale potential or interest. Also bringing through a group of younger players who aren't the answer.

Obvious difference is though, Arsenal are still a top 6 premier league club!!!

not this season there not!

ah sol campbell, lauren and gael clichy were all champion winners, as was ashley cole who was developed by wenger, vermaelen is also an exceptional centre back

I will give you sol Campbell. You ain't having lauren and cliche. Cole could not defend until he went to chelsea. The arsenal fan mentioned vermalen. I am a fan of him. But the fan said every week his positioning is awful and he is not as good as the sky cameras make out.

Campbell, Clichy, Gallas, Sagna, Vermaelen... admittedly his defensive record is relatively poor, but to say he has never bought a good defender is a bit far! All this chat that he's in trouble is mental. The man has brought successive champions league finishes with poor teams on paper. Built the foundations of a club that turnover massive profits to faciliitate the new stadium. Bought young talent, brought them on, then sold players for more than he paid and arguably more than they are worth.

Yes the team have been comparatively unsuccsessful of late. Yes he needs to buy. Yes they are not favourites to make top 4 for the first time in donkeys' years... but if I wasn't Bristolian I'd be happy if I had been born a gunner considering the football they've played and success they've had. Wenger needs more respect than people are giving him... and a decent centre half!

Absolute bollocks as MC Risk has said. They went unbeaten for a whole f ** king season with a defence of which none were Graham's signings. Some people have such short memories it's unbelievable.

I will give you sol Campbell. You ain't having lauren and cliche. Cole could not defend until he went to chelsea. The arsenal fan mentioned vermalen. I am a fan of him. But the fan said every week his positioning is awful and he is not as good as the sky cameras make out.

clichy not too mention sagna are now established international players, too say he has not bought good defenders is ridiculous, will admit more misses than hits but the sir alex doesnt always get it right.....taibi, fortune,djemba-djemba too mention a few

clichy not too mention sagna are now established international players, too say he has not bought good defenders is ridiculous, will admit more misses than hits but the sir alex doesnt always get it right.....taibi, fortune,djemba-djemba too mention a few

Ferguson reckons if you get 50% of your signings right you are doing ok. However Wenger tends to sign players like Koscielny and Squillaci whereas if he spent the equivalent money on 1 quality player for the same position he would be better off. False economy imo. He also focuses on signing young players for a future that never arrives.

Very good article in the Observer today btw:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/aug/27/arsenal-arsene-wenger-transfers

Archived