IGNORED

Arsene Wenger

Jordan Tansley

You'll have to hurry Mr Wenger,

We've offered you a solution but we wont wait forever...

You have til midday Wednesday to get back to us re: Nicky Hunt...

If we dont hear from you by then I'm afraid the deals off my friend!

(available players with Premier League experience dont hang around for long you know :yawn: )

I think the 606 caller a a point of sorts, many of those great Arsenal defenders were coming to the end of their careers when Wenger started, but the whole ethos of Arsenal then was defence, Some of the players were still around to drum in to the newer players like Cole Lauren Toure and Campbell their well versed defensive lines. All of this experience has now gone, many of the newer Arsenal defenders did not have the benefit of this being passed on to them from Lauren Cole and Campbell.

The biggest problem IMO is they do not have a defensive leader who can organise, just a little organisation at the back and they will be okay. He just has to go out and buy that leader from somewhere. In fact he is missing leaders all over the pitch, his great sid had leaders everywhere.

Your first point is a very good one. Teams like Man U bring in players over a number of years who can learn from the more established players. The likes of Scholes, Neville and Giggs were (and still are in Giggs' case) there to pass on experience to the younger players and help win the big games. Rooney is now one of the more experienced players at still a relatively young age! Arsenal used to sell players after they had peaked, like Viera, Henry, Overmars, etc ... Now they are selling players in their prime (Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, etc ...), so their squad is getting younger and younger with no experienced heads to bring these youngsters on. It's even more important when looking at defenders.

Your'e also spot on that they need leaders all over the pitch. Teams like Man U have Rio, Vidic, Rooney, Giggs, etc ... More importantly, their youngsters like Jones for example are also of the same ilk. A leader doesn't always have to be shouting his head off like Roy Keane, some like Giggs lead by example. Arsenal could definitely do with a new Adams and Viera, without a doubt.

You'll have to hurry Mr Wenger,

We've offered you a solution but we wont wait forever...

You have til midday Wednesday to get back to us re: Nicky Hunt...

If we dont hear from you by then I'm afraid the deals off my friend!

(available players with Premier League experience dont hang around for long you know :yawn: )

Quality mate quality...

:chant6ez::chant6ez::chant6ez:

Unless i'm mistaken ManUre have more injuries than Arsenal????!!!!

No offence your statement is bullshit.

And Song and Gervinho were suspended so they have no1 to blame but themselves....

I think that statement is nobby and the post you attacked was just about spot on.

As much as today was an embarrassing spanking for Arsenal, I think it needs to be put into context.

Only Szczesny & Van Persie (possibly Walcott), can be considered 1st choice players from today's line-up.

Losing Fabregas and Nasri is obviously a blow (Clichy too), but to be missing the likes of Vermaelen, Gibbs, Sagna, Song, Wilshere, Diaby, Frimpong and Gervinho is just way too many 1st team players to be without to visit Old Trafford (particularly when United are purring as they are right now!).

To assassinate Wenger's character and say he's never signed a good defender is completely inaccurate.

The current squad is missing 2 centre-halves, a midfielder and a striker.

People have been slagging off Wenger for ages as they were convinced he needed to sign a keeper, but he always knew he had an absolute diamond in Szczesny waiting in the wings (so why would he have wanted to sign Given or Foster or whoever else for millions, when he knew he had this guy coming through). Similarly, the likes of Frimpong & Wilshere will now mature into an excellent midfield. Together with Song, Gervinho, Van Persie, Gibbs & Sagna they still have a very very good 1st choice team, they've just been struck with a lot of injuries and silly suspensions so far this season. A new CB is a must though, and he will now go and buy Cahill for sure.

I honestly don't think it's all that bad down at the Emirates, they'll be fine, and yes, I think they will still be challenging for the top 4 this year.

Quite right nice to read a post from someone who appears to actually know a bit about the game rather than all the speculative bull droppings eminating from the same few argumentative pub bar experts.

Arsenal are going through a patch of low confidence and if Van Persies weak penalty had not been saved and the teams had gone in 1 all at Half time the game could have been a completeley different game.

Some of uniteds Goals although sublime, moreoften than not would have ended in crowd, sometimes you play a team and every time they kick the ball it goes into the net..thats football. Rooney wont be scoring a hatrick every week and Young has used up his luck for the season.

At times Arsenal played some of their exciting passing game and ripped through the united defence and all said and done they have lost 3 points. So what theres a long way to go.

No need to panic or call for Wengers head just yet, and even if they did sack him who is there better available at the moment.

No, the gooners will be OK and still top 4 come April.... How quickly the pundits have forgotten there fine midweek win against Udinese ?? How fickle also.

Archived