IGNORED

Big Trouble In Devon...

chipdawg

as much as I dislike plymoouth and many of the modern day millionaire footballers, you can't help but feel for plymouth the fans and players (don't think they have been paid for 8 months now?)

Their captain saying players may be forced to sell their homes yet poor old wayne rooney complains he's not being paid 250k a week and hands in a transfer request last season,

About time some of the players at the very top of the game helped out lower league players who are playing for clubs in dire strights,

as much as I dislike plymoouth and many of the modern day millionaire footballers, you can't help but feel for plymouth the fans and players (don't think they have been paid for 8 months now?)

Their captain saying players may be forced to sell their homes yet poor old wayne rooney complains he's not being paid 250k a week and hands in a transfer request last season,

About time some of the players at the very top of the game helped out lower league players who are playing for clubs in dire strights,

I think its a bit harsh to suggest that Wayne Rooney is disrespecting the Plymouth squad for conning Utd into giving him a shed load of money, but it would be nice to see the Premier League's top earners showing a bit of solidarity with their colleagues down the pyramid. I bet if every senior player in the top league gave 1% of their weekly salary to the Plymouth squad they could afford to pay their mortgages for a year. The top players in Spain just went on strike over something similar, which will have cost them all money

I was using the rooney situation to highlight pretty much what you say china,

I mean footballer are paid alot but I can only imagen the top earner at argile being on 800 - 3000 a week a huge sume for us working class yes but when you take into account that they haven't had any income for 8 months and set to be 9 months soon then any savings you have just drys up,

If plymouth get liqidated which is a very real possiblity now then they won't get any wages at all and would of just done nigh on a year for free, many will find other clubs yes and earn a good living granted butit can't be easy,

I read the bbc report and peter ried is right where is the turn style money and season ticket money or has it just gone to that leach (suprise suprise) Peter "Administration" Risdale (The FA and FL should ban him from haing anything to do with football)

Feel sorry for the supporters, when Leicester we're in dire straits due to a bungling board and there was talk of the club going out of business after relegation from the premier league it was the worst feeling to have as a supporter.

Fortunately the administrators we're excellent and local business and ex players helped the club survive.

I am shocked to hear just how bad thing's are down there.

Not up with some of the harsh comments on here. Imagine how some of you felt in 82. It's all good having banter, but this is a whole different kettle of fish. I hope someone helps.

It needs to happen though. Its the only thing that will make football change.

Not up with some of the harsh comments on here. Imagine how some of you felt in 82. It's all good having banter, but this is a whole different kettle of fish. I hope someone helps.

1982 was almost 2 generations ago and what has been learned?, obviously nothing, the wider question however should be how the **** is Risdale allowed within 100 miles of another football league team?.

Lest we forget:

01.jpg

Still can't get over them driving all the way up here to do that?! On a par with gasheads.

Don't want to see them without a football team, but 5,700 for their last home game? It seems that the majority of their support has given up on them, so why should we care?

I agree CR - the powers that be should force Sky to distribute the wealth more fairly rather than the lions share to Man U all the time - 4 weekends in a row we've had them forced down our throats.

The Prem has become so boring and just like the SPL

The Prem was so boring this weekend!!

8-2, 5-1.........

I wish they showed the suberb league 2 players and the 1-0 thrashing Crewe gave Plymouth!

The prem has the best players, nicest football, best grounds in the world, I would rather watch that than the poor quality in lower leagues!

To suggest higher paid players should 'donate' part of their wages to other players is daft. My bosses didn't donate any of their wages to colleagues when they were due to be made redundant and with little prospect of getting another job, not having been paid enough in the past to have saved money for a rainy day (or month). Donate part of wages to charities or emergency services yes but not other footballers.

I genuinely feel sorry for the behind the scene staff, the fans and even a little bit for the players but it's not the likes of Rooney et el who has caused this problem at Plymouth.

The sooner football implodes the better. The FA are doing a very good job of ensuring football implodes but I think they are doing it through ignorance, arrogance and ineptness.

I know that sounds harsh but we can't keep having clubs spending above their means and getting into debt only to get bailed out by you and I. Again. The small local businesses tend to suffer as money owed to other clubs get paid before the local printers who do the programmes etc.

As long as they don't go out of business completely why worry?

It's happened before us in '82, Wolves a few years later, Aldershot and Newport County in the 90's,

Luton, Oxford, Stockport, Bournemouth etc.recently.

OK Plymouth go into administration (again) and end up in Blue Square south, but they still have a team to follow,

and can climb the ladder again.

Surely there should have been gaurentee's in place before they were allowed to start the season?

As long as they don't go out of business completely why worry?

It's happened before us in '82, Wolves a few years later, Aldershot and Newport County in the 90's,

Luton, Oxford, Stockport, Bournemouth etc.recently.

OK Plymouth go into administration (again) and end up in Blue Square south, but they still have a team to follow,

and can climb the ladder again.

Surely there should have been gaurentee's in place before they were allowed to start the season?

they haven't come out of administation yet next step is liquidation

Its a difficult one for me, I blame the clubs for living beyond their means, but at the same time I'd never wish another team to go bust, not even Bristol Rovers.

We as supporters of lower league clubs are the life blood of football. I'd rather see a kid wearing a Plymouth kit than a Manc Utd, Chelski or Arsenal shirt. We need to keep traditional clubs alive, or classic memories, that I sure we all hold, will be swallowed up by the giant money sucking premier league.

Some of my best memories involve Plymouth. Was anyone else there when we started throwing fake money at Bruce Bruce Grobbelaar? Priceless

Its a difficult one for me, I blame the clubs for living beyond their means, but at the same time I'd never wish another team to go bust, not even Bristol Rovers.

We as supporters of lower league clubs are the life blood of football. I'd rather see a kid wearing a Plymouth kit than a Manc Utd, Chelski or Arsenal shirt. We need to keep traditional clubs alive, or classic memories, that I sure we all hold, will be swallowed up by the giant money sucking premier league.

Some of my best memories involve Plymouth. Was anyone else there when we started throwing fake money at Bruce Bruce Grobbelaar? Priceless

I borught a monopily set just to do that

Anyone that follows La Liga will beg to differ on that one.

Only 2 decent teams in La Liga, Barca and Real.

As a collective the Prem has a lot better players, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea Tottenham etc all have top players who would fit into Barca/Reals squad at least.

Football is learning if very slowly, our new owner's at LCFC had to pass scrupulous new test's set down for this league and rules are slowly filtering in regarding the premier league.

I do agree that cancerous agents like Ridsdale should never, ever be allowed near any football club again.

Archived