IGNORED

Big Trouble In Devon...

chipdawg

The Prem was so boring this weekend!!

8-2, 5-1.........

I wish they showed the suberb league 2 players and the 1-0 thrashing Crewe gave

Plymouth!

The prem has the best players, nicest football, best grounds in the world, I would rather watch that than the poor quality in lower leagues!

The reason it's boring is because we all know who top 5 or 6 will be already.

As fir having the best players in the world, your having a laugh.

Only 2 decent teams in La Liga, Barca and Real.

As a collective the Prem has a lot better players, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea Tottenham etc all have top

players who would fit into Barca/Reals squad at least.

That's just not true though is it.

Valencia,Villalareal,Sevilla,Athletico Madrid etc etc. Better football, better technique,World Champions,Euro champions.

One of there players got transferred from club to club in this country for 50 million and he can't even get in the Spanish team.

As long as they don't go out of business completely why worry?

It's happened before us in '82, Wolves a few years later, Aldershot and Newport County in the 90's,

Luton, Oxford, Stockport, Bournemouth etc.recently.

OK Plymouth go into administration (again) and end up in Blue Square south, but they still have a team to follow,

and can climb the ladder again.

Surely there should have been gaurentee's in place before they were allowed to start the season?

I believe that joke of a bloke, what's his name, ridofargyledale put his garden shed up as collateral and the FA said well, if its Peter Ridofargyledale, and he's putting up his B & Q garden shed then they can play.

Isn't it true that a consortium have already got there dirty hands on the ground while the Riddler wants the playing side of things. Looks like a new housing estate will appear in Plymouth soon, the can't possibly survive this, then again, Portsmouth should have gone and Leeds too.

Only 2 decent teams in La Liga, Barca and Real.

As a collective the Prem has a lot better players, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea Tottenham etc all have top players who would fit into Barca/Reals squad at least.

Only 2 outstanding sides in La Liga. The prem has 3 excellent sides with probably 3 more very good ones. La Liga has a number of very good ones itself. The leagues are evenly matched imo.

The reason it's boring is because we all know who top 5 or 6 will be already.

As fir having the best players in the world, your having a laugh.

But match by match basis the prem is the best.

And we do have some of the best players, apart from a few, Tevez, Rooney, Aguero, Vidic etc etc

That's just not true though is it.

Valencia,Villalareal,Sevilla,Athletico Madrid etc etc. Better football, better technique,World Champions,Euro champions.

One of there players got transferred from club to club in this country for 50 million and he can't even get in the Spanish team.

Valencia has sold all of their top players so the are now poor, Aguero and Forlan have left Athletic Madrid, those teams are so much weaker, IMO teams like Stoke could beat them now.

Which player was sold for 50million may I ask?

Only 2 outstanding sides in La Liga. The prem has 3 excellent sides with probably 3 more very good ones. La Liga has a number of very good ones itself. The leagues are evenly matched imo.

Barca is the best in the world no doubt, but Man Utd would beat Real Madrid, and Chelsea/Man City would be evenly matched on their day with Real.

Always a shame when a football club hits the buffers- Plymouth overexpanded themselves I think going for PL football, hiking prices according to a Plymouth supporting mate of mine which saw attendances decrease as that region is rather depressed economically- so the downward spiral kicked in. Not long ago actually that they were set to expand Home Park by a fair amount for 2018...

As for La Liga v PL. Hard to say really- I do recall Real Madrid obliterating Tottenham last season in the Bernebau for example and of course Barca are a cut above but while for example maybe Valencia, on their day Athletico and Sevilla and last year at least Villareal could compete with PL sides albeit not consistently, beneath that? TV deal over there is not collective as it is here so there is a far bigger revenue gap than the PL. I dare say that beneath say the top 6 or so, that Italy, let alone here has a greater depth than Spain. Having said that, based purely on style and finesse I'd have thought La Liga would be top.

Real brush past man u???

Behave, look at their results against English clubs in recent years. Oh wow, they beat An over rated spurs side.

Also look at how Barca have needed bent uefa refs to get past English clubs - the Chelsea semi and the farcical Bendter red card for example.

Barca are without question the best side in the world, but they're certainly not assured of beating English sides. Real on the other hand would struggle against the top 4.

If you took the Spanish league and each team played someone from the prem, the prem would win overall. There's two quality sides, 2/3 decent teams and the rest aren't great.

I do find it amusing when people bang on about how exciting Spanish football is. The Bundasliga pisses all over it in terms of attacking play, if lacking the same quality.

Still can't get over them driving all the way up here to do that?! On a par with gasheads.

Don't want to see them without a football team, but 5,700 for their last home game? It seems that the majority of their support has given up on them, so why should we care?

I can recall us getting similar crowds when we were tumbling down the leagues - what comes round goes round for most clubs - no-one wants any Club to die really (apart from ManUre)

Or just shows that I know Stoke are average at best.

But don't let the fact were discussing which is the best league in the world get in the way of your opinion of ME.

I personally thought that this thread was discussing the sad future, or lack of it, of Plymouth Argyle. Somehow it's ended up comparing the relative qualities of La Liga and The Premier League.

Back on topic, I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth - as my dad is a huge Argyle fan. I get a wrench in my stomach whenever of I think how much it must hurt to be on the brink like this, I just missed 1982 - born a year later, so have no real idea of it. To see those people shouting "POP" upsets me, just think that it could very easily be us in a few years time.

Argyle's fall from grace has been dramatic, just a couple of years ago they were playing Newcastle in the Championship, now they're bottom of the league and losing to Burton Albion. There but for the grace of God.

Glad to see, from the team sheets, that at least several first teamers turned out; those guys are real footballers for me. I hope Plymouth survive, for my dad and other Argyle fans if no one else.

I personally thought that this thread was discussing the sad future, or lack of it, of Plymouth Argyle. Somehow it's ended up comparing the relative qualities of La Liga and The Premier League.

Back on topic, I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth - as my dad is a huge Argyle fan. I get a wrench in my stomach whenever of I think how much it must hurt to be on the brink like this, I just missed 1982 - born a year later, so have no real idea of it. To see those people shouting "POP" upsets me, just think that it could very easily be us in a few years time.

Argyle's fall from grace has been dramatic, just a couple of years ago they were playing Newcastle in the Championship, now they're bottom of the league and losing to Burton Albion. There but for the grace of God.

Glad to see, from the team sheets, that at least several first teamers turned out; those guys are real footballers for me. I hope Plymouth survive, for my dad and other Argyle fans if no one else.

I agree. The "pop" brigade need to get a life.

Or just shows that I know Stoke are average at best.

But don't let the fact were discussing which is the best league in the world get in the way of your opinion of ME.

Going off topic, but to suggest Stoke are at best "average" smacks of bitterness/dislike towards them, rather than being based on any fact.

Whilst I dislike Stoke and their manager, the fact that they can attract players like Crouch, Palacios, Kenwyne Jones, Woodgate, Huth, Upson etc. would suggest that they are far from average.

Europa League football and an FA Cup final within 3 years of promotion from the Championship is a long way from average. Most on here would rightly dream of being half as successful of Stoke were we to reach the promised land of the Premier League.

My plymouth supporting mate has asked to go to home park on 24th sept. when they are asking "proper" football supporters to go and watch them,proudly wearing there own teams colours.

I will go, because i was there in '82 and remember the feelings when we were minutes from going under. I take the piss out of them with him, but would never like to see clubs like them going under

because of the mis-managment of football. I REALLY hope that one of the" big clubs " go under and soon, because that is what it will take to bring a bit of sanity back into the way those football clubs are run.

Going off topic, but to suggest Stoke are at best "average" smacks of bitterness/dislike towards them, rather than being based on any fact.

Whilst I dislike Stoke and their manager, the fact that they can attract players like Crouch, Palacios, Kenwyne Jones, Woodgate, Huth, Upson etc. would suggest that they are far from average.

Europa League football and an FA Cup final within 3 years of promotion from the Championship is a long way from average. Most on here would rightly dream of being half as successful of Stoke were we to reach the promised land of the Premier League.

Yeah lets all bum effing Stoke City wooooooooooooo !!

My plymouth supporting mate has asked to go to home park on 24th sept. when they are asking "proper" football supporters to go and watch them,proudly wearing there own teams colours.

I will go, because i was there in '82 and remember the feelings when we were minutes from going under. I take the piss out of them with him, but would never like to see clubs like them going under

because of the mis-managment of football. I REALLY hope that one of the" big clubs " go under and soon, because that is what it will take to bring a bit of sanity back into the way those football clubs are run.

Similar to me, I will also be there in our colours supporting football in general. :englandsmile4wf:

Archived