IGNORED

Current Club Situation...

spudski

Why do you think Millen went on a 'man management course' in the summer and who thought he needed it?

I suspect every employee in every career when they get their first management opportunity will be put on a Man management course.

It is standard practice in most lines of work. i know I was sent on one when i got a management role.

The complaint I have with Riaz's persistent critism of Millen is that its based on very little of substance. My critism of Johnson stemmed from plenty of evidence over a long period

:rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br: :rofl2br:

Why do you think Millen went on a 'man management course' in the summer and who thought he needed it?

Some people are natural leaders/managers and not all need to go on 'man management' courses. I had many different ones during my NHS career and the best by a mile was my last one who was very fair and professional and in almost 20 years I never heard her raise her voice and yet she got the team working as a team and was very well respected. No one doubted that if needed she would dish out a bollocking.

My guess that Millen is like that but working with loads of moody and stroppy young men as he does will sometimes require him to dish out the bollockings.

I suspect every employee in every career when they get their first management opportunity will be put on a Man management course.

It is standard practice in most lines of work. i know I was sent on one when i got a management role.

I'll take your word for that, but clearly, football is not most lines of work, and moreover, football management is hugely dependent on, well, management :innocent06: , and I suspect Millen was and still is lacking in this fundamental part of his job.

There are leaders of men and there are followers, I fear Millen is not a leader and alas I don't see any leaders on the pitch either.

I'll take your word for that, but clearly, football is not most lines of work, and moreover, football management is hugely dependent on, well, management :innocent06: , and I suspect Millen was and still is lacking in this fundamental part of his job.

There are leaders of men and there are followers, I fear Millen is not a leader and alas I don't see any leaders on the pitch either.

That remains to be seen. Time will tell.

Every person has different ideas on how to manage people, there is not a one size fits all solution, it is something you can only grow into when you start to understand players frailties, what makes them tick, what upsets them and what gives them the kick they need to perform.

it is a very fluid role as players come in and depart. I would not like to say how good or how bad Millen is with individual man management as i expect you could as 5 players and get 5 different answers.

That remains to be seen. Time will tell.

Every person has different ideas on how to manage people, there is not a one size fits all solution, it is something you can only grow into when you start to understand players frailties, what makes them tick, what upsets them and what gives them the kick they need to perform.

it is a very fluid role as players come in and depart. I would not like to say how good or how bad Millen is with individual man management as i expect you could as 5 players and get 5 different answers.

I agree with all of this.

I don't think Millen's got it, I hope I'm wrong.

Archived