IGNORED

England Vs Wales

ollywhyte

I've gone to every England home game for the last few years. I finally believe we're we've got the talent to really push for the Euro title. Smalling and Phil Jones look class acts. Fergie has worked his magic on Young, and I'm glad Fabio has dropped Lampard and Rooneys magic hair has changed him overnight. He is once again looking world class. Anyway, I think we will teach Wales a lesson tonight. I'm going for 5 maybe 6 nil to England.

Anyway mate, if you're looking for a good pub before the game, go the the Greyhound. I'll be there with my City flag and lots of songs before the game.

I've gone to every England home game for the last few years. I finally believe we're we've got the talent to really push for the Euro title. Smalling and Phil Jones look class acts. Fergie has worked his magic on Young, and I'm glad Fabio has dropped Lampard and Rooneys magic hair has changed him overnight. He is once again looking world class. Anyway, I think we will teach Wales a lesson tonight. I'm going for 5 maybe 6 nil to England.

Anyway mate, if you're looking for a good pub before the game, go the the Greyhound. I'll be there with my City flag and lots of songs before the game.

Really? Apart from Rooney and Gerrard when they are fit the rest of the team are not world beaters and England still don't know how to hold on to the ball against the top sides for any more than a few passes. Not saying they can't go as far as the quarters or the semi finals even,but I would put the side behind the Dutch, Spain and Germany.

Yep I'm going, probably go greyhound, although last game against switzerland found a good pub outside baker street station I think, full off lads going to game

Atmosphere around wembley is generally poor now compared to previous years, swore wouldn't go again after switzerland as it was so boring but hoping tonight will see a good hostile atmosphere for the welsh.

Despite Englands obvious improvement and use of young hungry talent, I think a few people in the media and on here are getting slightly carried away. AS much as I would like to see England do well in Poland/Ukraine, I still believe we are miles behind the likes of the usual suspects (Nederlands, Germany etc).

Just remember that expectation from the media and fans, generally brings pressure, in Englands case, pressure leads to failure!

Lets not get carried away with expectations of 5 and 6 goals,lets just get 3 points and move on.

Really? Apart from Rooney and Gerrard when they are fit the rest of the team are not world beaters and England still don't know how to hold on to the ball against the top sides for any more than a few passes. Not

saying they can't go as far as the quarters or the semi finals even,but I would put the side behind the Dutch, Spain and Germany.

Gerrard??? It's no coincidence that Liverpool and England look far better sides now that he's not playing for either.

I'm not saying he's not a good player at Prem level but both teams now play pass and move and keep the ball football without him.

Gerrard would rather try a 60 yard ball and lose it, when a simple 10 yard pass that keeps the ball in our possession is sufficient.

England have achieved nothing in the time he's played for us.

Gerrard??? It's no coincidence that Liverpool and England look far better sides now that he's not playing for either.

I'm not saying he's not a good player at Prem level but both teams now play pass and move and keep the ball football without him.

Gerrard would rather try a 60 yard ball and lose it, when a simple 10 yard pass that keeps the ball in our possession is sufficient.

Yeah but England have achieved nothing for 55, years! Id say England look better withouth Lampard and Gerrard, there is a ctually a hunger in the team now, something thats been lacking for a LONG TIME!

Yeah but England have achieved nothing for 45, years! Id say England look better withouth Lampard and Gerrard, there is a ctually a hunger in the team now, something thats been lacking for a LONG TIME!

Completely agree.

England managers per se have always been too loyal to various players and Lampard, Gerrard more recently and players like Neville in the past. Its as if they have a set 11 with 3 or 4 reserves and not vary from that squad.

Although I'd prefer an English manager Capello has at least introduced players like Young, Smalling and Wilshere and its great to see. When he goes next year and the FA appoint an Englishman ( probably Redknapp ) will they have a) the balls to use youngsters, b) have the experience and nouse to play international football.

Bang on Bill - Gerrard is the biggest myth in English football. Been a long time since Gerrard done anything for England

Really?

I cannot seea single world class player in our team if I am honest. I see plenty of Premier League quality, but nothing that will do anything on the world stage.

The only player I can see that has the ability to play at a world stage tempo with the neccessary technical ability is Wilshere, and he isn't there yet.

It's gonna take years and years and a completely different way of coaching our kids for us to challenge for top honours in the international game.

Despite Englands obvious improvement and use of young hungry talent, I think a few people in the media and on here are getting slightly carried away. AS much as I would like to see England do well in Poland/Ukraine, I still believe we are miles behind the likes of the usual suspects (Nederlands, Germany etc).

Just remember that expectation from the media and fans, generally brings pressure, in Englands case, pressure leads to failure!

Lets not get carried away with expectations of 5 and 6 goals,lets just get 3 points and move on.

Lets be honest Spain are going to walk all of the competitions until they lose Xavi and Puyol to retirment!

Really?

I cannot seea single world class player in our team if I am honest. I see plenty of Premier League quality, but nothing that will do anything on the world stage.

The only player I can see that has the ability to play at a world stage tempo with the neccessary technical ability is Wilshere, and he isn't there yet.

It's gonna take years and years and a completely different way of coaching our kids for us to challenge for top honours in the international game.

Yep, and that why the whole FA Coaching manual should be torn up and re-written by a Spaniard, preferably a Catalan.

20 years ago we copied the Dutch system, now we should copy the Spanish? They've got a real golden generation, but have been dismal before now.

Coaches of English players has improved, and we're starting to see the benefit of that now. It will only improve further as clubs are squeezed to have a certain amount of home grown players In continental competitions.

My only worry is that we don't take under 19 and under 21 football seriously on the international stage. The germans and Spanish do ad it breeds confidence when reaching maturity. Compare that to the dismal performance of people like Wellbeck this summer, and Wilshire dropping out.

Also there's no good English managers out there to take over in 2012. Redknap has the same record at spurs as Ramos did!

I'd put my house on the special 1 being next England manager

Yep, and that why the whole FA Coaching manual should be torn up and re-written by a Spaniard, preferably a Catalan.

A Spaniard or a Dutchman. In fact anyone but a British national.

As soon as our coaching staff realise theat height pace and power will only get you so far at international level, the better.

I cringe when i see our players unable to pass a ball 10 yards or even control a ball properly when hit to them with a little bit of pace.

3-0 to Ingurland I think.

Bale, Ramsey and maybe Bellers (who is suspended) and Hennessey would probably make the England squad, but apart from that there is a gulf in class.

That said, Wales did very well against Montenegro and are better than the FIFA world rankings would suggest.

Faroe Islands will be gutted :laughcont:

Archived