IGNORED

Billy Davies

Tony Montana

Are you sure?? Maybe there's something behind the scenes I'm not aware of but his record for them is nothing to write home about.

No his immediate record was a lot of draws, but structurally the Club altered a good deal. The new structure enabled the Club to be promoted

Please not Billy Davies - Dave Jones, defiantly maybe - Glenn Hoddle, yes - Anyone mentions Gary Neville and I swear im going to lose faith in humanity.

How about Gary Neville...................'s former team mate Roy Keane. Would certainly shake the dressing room up.

How about Gary Neville...................'s former team mate Roy Keane. Would certainly shake the dressing room up.

You tipped me onto the edge there! The guy has certainly made his mistakes - has he learnt from them and has he finished making silly ones? I don't think I would like Bristol City to be the next Roy Keane experiment.

He, nor any manager like him, would take the job unless given money. Keith has, and will keep, the job precisely because he is a rookie, will do what he is told and act as a human shield for Colin and Steve. The likes of Davies would not be prepared to be the fall guy for the managed decline we are going through. Get used to Keith's exciting brand of football for a long time to come.:disapointed2se:

I agree with you, sadly. Millen's not going anywhere yet.

What I don't really understand is why the club's aim now seems to be to decline? What's the point of turning up at all if the club has a desire, and a plan, to fail?

Lee Clark from Huddersfield for me. Only lost 36 of over 150 games, won about 75, that ain't a bad record, young ambitious, passionate and played at the highest level.

Good shout, but he has said previously he wants to see the job through at Huddersfield. I can see him being a top manager one day not with us though i see him as the next Newcastle manager.

He's clueless. And what has he achieved since getting Swindon promoted?

He managed Wolves, Chelsea, Saints, Tottenham and England.... all of whom look healthier than us at the mo. Swindon fans (and the couple of staff I know) thought he was a God. Hoddle clueless? Hey we'll never make drinking buddies

I agree with you, sadly. Millen's not going anywhere yet.

What I don't really understand is why the club's aim now seems to be to decline? What's the point of turning up at all if the club has a desire, and a plan, to fail?

Just my interpretation of course. Settle for survival (the too good to go down mindset seems to apply) amidst falling gates and dreadful entertainment. Wait for contracts to expire. Hope the team magically improves because players who aren't playing leave (can't follow the logic of out of favour players being blamed for the inadequacy of the in favour ones myself). Hope stadium goes ahead and generates extra revenue to fund an improvement and reverse the decline. Give Keith the job as an experienced manager might not do as he was told and be prepared to take the flak.

Not an approach without logic, (though pretending we are really looking for promotion just makes fans more cynical), but very risky, being based on the assumption that Keith is up to all this with precious little evidence that he is. If we are in relegation danger come March I would expect a U-turn, with the purse strings loosened again, though whether Keith would be around to benefit is a moot point.

already answered you - a couple of points above my link to Scholes. Who would you (realistically) wish for anyway?

No you listed who he has managed - not acheivements.

I'd be happy with Billy Davies or David Jones....

But not a manager who is living off his playing career or because he was lucky enough to get the england job

He managed Wolves, Chelsea, Saints, Tottenham and England.... all of whom look healthier than us at the mo. Swindon fans (and the couple of staff I know) thought he was a God. Hoddle clueless? Hey we'll never make drinking buddies

His career is a mixed bag tbh...

Swindon- success and no mistake.

Chelsea- Hard to say, seems to get credit for his work there but his win ratio is 1/3.

England- Mixed record- we were unlucky in WC but struggling to qualify from a not especially hard group when he got the boot.

Southampton- Undoubtedly did a good job.

Tottenham- Reign a while ago, hard to put their current success down to him. He got sacked with them in the drop zone and generally was ok but not fantastic there.

Wolves- You said earlier in the thread that their current position was partially down to the way he changed the club. Well I can't really comment as I don't know enough about that.His win ratio was nothing brilliant though.

OK another link to Hoddle's managerial record.

http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/football_legends_glenn_hoddle.html

I did say earlier that his name would split opinion. I personally think he'd revamp this Club out of all recognition, and though he probably wouldn't be around for long, would make us a far better outfit (as a whole) than we are at the moment. Whatever your feelings, I cant see the board being bold enough to appoint Hoddle - even if he was interested.

Wasn't he player/manager at Swindon which probably explains their success. Not sure about manager but if he was a little younger think he'd solve our midfield problems.

He was... and played just in front of the Back 4. He staggered some of the others when he asked how they wanted the ball played to them. Uh? Well I can put it over the top, but spinning back to you, put it to your feet, put it past you but slowing down after it hits the deck fa la la... what do you want?. He taught a lot of people an awful lot. He was also a big believer in Arsene Wengers methods (having played under him at Monaco_

He was... and played just in front of the Back 4. He staggered some of the others when he asked how they wanted the ball played to them. Uh? Well I can put it over the top, but spinning back to you, put it to your feet, put it past you but slowing down after it hits the deck fa la la... what do you want?. He taught a lot of people an awful lot. He was also a big believer in Arsene Wengers methods (having played under him at Monaco_

I'm sure he's a good coach - but there isnt much to suggest he's a good manager.

I'm sure he's a good coach - but there isnt much to suggest he's a good manager.

Not sure on that one. Most of the managerial greats have periods they'd prefer to forget, even Cloughie had Leeds. I still thinks Hoddles England of 98 were the the England team that had a genuine chance to win a major comp and you have to remember Campbell won the Argentina game for us with the golden goal .Or not. From there who knows.

Archived