IGNORED

We Have To Take It Upon Ourselves To Force The Issue

And Its Smith

You do realise, he's had just over a year.....

no signs of progress.... yet.

Just over a year!!!

Our most successful manager was a rookie.

He took over in 1967 and it was NINE years before we eventually made it to the top tier.

But then Harry Dolman didn't have the advice now available on OTIB!

Far too early IMO.

I remember the early calls for GJs head.......Conference manager and all that!

Not sure how 53 games is too early... We've a 33% win ratio under Millen (18 games) , and a 45% defeat ratio (24 games). In 17 of those 53 games we've failed to score a goal. I appreciate this is your opinion, but please tell me how this is too early? The same dross is being served up week after week after week. No real changes besides bringing in a scout and renaming the reserves "Development Squad". Be still, my beating heart!

The guy is clueless and has offerred no indication that he even has any idea that his tactics aren't working. To the contrary he unbelievably thinks that they worked well on Saturday!!!

Under a new boss, things may not get much better, but under this one, they will certainly continue to be as bad. One thing's for sure, they certainly couldn't do any worse!!

I honestly think that if the two "factions" on this board started up chants of "We want Millen Out" and "We want Millen In" that we would have a fair idea which would be the loudest chant. I know there will be many that say that this forum is not representative of the wider fan base, but you certainly hear a hell of a lot more discontent around the ground about what Millen is doing than defence of it. If there are so many people that are positive about the club and it's current prospects then they are certainly not making themselves known on matchday.

Just over a year!!!

Our most successful manager was a rookie.

He took over in 1967 and it was NINE years before we eventually made it to the top tier.

But then Harry Dolman didn't have the advice now available on OTIB!

I'm not sure what your point is.....

I'm not expecting promotion after a year.

I'm expecting some sort of improvement after a year.... not much to ask is it?

My main point is that changing the manager doesn't always provide an instant fix.

Most successful managers achieve their success after quite a while in the job, certainly longer than a year (even Alex Ferguson took a while).

Whilst not trying to make excuses for KM (the same will apply to any replacement manager), he still has the "baggage" of signings made by the previous managers (Hunt, Stewart, Johnson, Clarkson etc.) who he obviously wants rid of. This is going to take time. Until they are gone, his hands are tied in terms of finance.

Whilst I, like everyone else, would love to see us at the top of the division, reality says that at best we are a mid-table side.

As stated in another thread, his 60 games in charge have produced:

"Played 60

Won 23

Drawn 14

Lost 23

Goals for 80

Goals against 82

Win Rate 38.3%

Points per game 1.38

..if this average continues over a 46 game league season we would end up with approx 64 points which last season would have seen us finish 12th , 11 points off the play-offs."

I personally would accept that.

But then maybe my expectations are not as high as some others on here.

That rubbish again. What expectation ffs!

This excuse about having baggage.... this is the baggage he usually prefers to his own signings - they cant be that bad, when his own signings struggle to make the team.

And I judge with my own eyes with regards to the team and I can tell you now, if Millen stays, we wont get 64 points, nowhere near infact.....

Our only win this season is when Maynard played against Leicester... that says it all. Look at donny, they have lost against every team bar us - where they almost beat us....

Millen does not know how to organise a team defensively - so he has reverted to sticking as many players behind the ball as possible.

We may nick a result like leicester here and there, but not very often.

Replace the manager or we face relegation.

I though McGivern showed enough to be encouraging. He's quick, tackles well and I reckon there's a lot more to come from him.

A left back is only going to have so much influence on the team.

This team cannot defend, Millen at least knows it and is playing one up front and putting the rest behind the ball and will at best nick games by the odd goal - something you hate.

I know that some will shoot me down as being negative and that positivity is what we need right now, BUT....

we need to voice our opinion a bit more. Simply booing doesnt seem to be working. We need to sing up load - "We Want Millen Out"

Before it is too late people. How long does this go on for? If there were any small signs that he will get it right then I would say give a bit more time. Unfortunately, managing this club is too much for him.

Sing it with me! WE WANT MILLEN OUT, I SAY, WE WANT MILLEN OUT.....next home game please.

You are absolutely right

Get a gang of you together and sing out loud

You will be amazed at how many will join in

If you do it by yourselves you will get the stupid, cant see anything supporter trying to make you look small

Or even get a banner

People don't seem to chant for the manager to go in 2011.

Fans are much more docile these days, they simply suffer in silence game after tedious game and eventually just stop going to the matches.

Lots of fans I would have classed as City fanatics a couple of years ago (some through their constant enthusiasm on this very forum) have gradually lost all interest.

The club is in big trouble when such widescale apathy sets in - something clearly has to change.

Amazing when I watched city 20 plus years ago,if the manager had to go ,the fans vented their anger and made their feelings heard.

In some cases maybe they feel calling for KM's head would be like putting the proverbial boot into the man who put his faith in him, Steve Lansdown, and they haven't got the heart to do that.

He obviously has tremendous respect amongst the fans, and in many ways rightly so of course, but many said on day one they disagreed with the appointment of KM and saw him as a bewilderingly and thoroughly disappointing choice.

The irony is that many fans who fought hard to support SL over the new stadium, signed petitions and marched on his behalf, have now found the long term frustration and tedium of actually watching City play means they may have severed their interest in BCFC long before it is ever built.

The quality and excitement of what we see on the pitch every fortnight is what keeps the fans' interest bubbling and for far too long it's been mind numbingly boring with no prospect of any improvement.

It's almost unbelievable how much optimism and enthusiasm has drained from the fans in the last year or so, even to the extent that many are willing to walk away from the club rather than protest.

Archived