IGNORED

Mods On Otib

Mr Gow

Every single day(WITHOUT FAIL) someone gets abused on here, i know of a hell of a lot of old posters who do not bother any more because of either personal abuse or reading the abuse dished out in general.

Just wanted to ask a qustion to the good folk of OTIB

Do you think the mods are doing a good job of warning/banning abusers?

Or do you think a lot gets sweeped under the carpet?

Discuss

Every single day(WITHOUT FAIL) someone gets abused on here, i know of a hell of a lot of old posters who do not bother any more because of either personal abuse or reading the abuse dished out in general.

Discuss

Thank you Mr Gow my thoughts excaclty 100%

Thank you Mr Gow my thoughts excaclty 100%

People are not getting banned for personal abuse, flagrant abuse of the rules every day but nothing is ever done about it. I suspect if it was you would probably have only about 30 people left.

Posts are removed when it could cause problems for the forum, which is fair enough. But if Mods do not want to ban people for personal abuse, or just do not have the time (which is fair enough, we all have lives to live), then the forum rules should be changed.

To be honest I presumed it was fairly obvious that if you see a bad post you use the report button. Sadly the mods don't have the time to read every post on every topic.

I have edited the rules which, if I'm honest, are probably less known than the report button.

To be honest I presumed it was fairly obvious that if you see a bad post you use the report button. Sadly the mods don't have the time to read every post on every topic.

Everything is Obvious until it isn't Tom. Just change the wording in the forum rules, jobs a good un.

I have learnt the hard way that things are only obvious to yourself, don't take things for granted or they come back and bite you in the ass :)

Everything is Obvious until it isn't Tom. Just change the wording in the forum rules, jobs a good un.

I have learnt the hard way that things are only obvious to yourself, don't take things for granted or they come back and bite you in the ass :)

Seemed obvious to I too. I've used the report button in the past - didn't need to read no rules to figure that one out. Each to their own I guess.

Discuss

Probably systematic of everything about this club at the moment......no one gives a **** anymore

..and yet hardly anyone uses the report button.

I've used it several times in the past and about 50% of the time its made no difference. The abusive posts remained unedited and in full view. I lost faith in the system as a consequence haven't used it for quite a while. There was no pm from any of the mods as to why the abusive posts remained which is probably the most irritating thing of all. If I'd had some sort of explanation saying they didn't agree with me then at least I'd know the reason.

I've used it several times in the past and about 50% of the time its made no difference. The abusive posts remained unedited and in full view. I lost faith in the system as a consequence haven't used it for quite a while. There was no pm from any of the mods as to why the abusive posts remained which is probably the most irritating thing of all. If I'd had some sort of explanation saying they didn't agree with me then at least I'd know the reason.

How do you know it's made no difference?

Not all posts get deleted for starters but some actions maybe taken.

What would also help massively is if people didn't troll and act as forum WUMs purely posting to get a bite.

How do you know it's made no difference?

Not all posts get deleted for starters but some actions maybe taken.

What would also help massively is if people didn't troll and act as forum WUMs purely posting to get a bite.

Some of the posts remained and as I had no contact from any of the mods, what conclusion am I supposed to draw? If action was taken then I didn't know about it.

In all honesty I pressed the report button not because I want the poster punished but because the offending post is imo overstepping the mark and would want to see it edited or deleted.

Some of the posts remained and as I had no contact from any of the mods, what conclusion am I supposed to draw? If action was taken then I didn't know about it.

In all honesty I pressed the report button not because I want the poster punished but because the offending post is imo overstepping the mark and would want to see it edited or deleted.

I've had some really abusive and threatening messages in the past, and have reported them, but name-calling and the like? Not remotely bothered, to be honest.

So, keep insulting me all you like. I couldn't give a toss.

I've had some really abusive and threatening messages in the past, and have reported them, but name-calling and the like? Not remotely bothered, to be honest.

So, keep insulting me all you like. I couldn't give a toss.

My attitude as well.

Name calling is playground stuff and imo reflects a certain lack of intellect and debating skills on the part of the perpetrator.

Like you I've had some very abusive and unpleasant comments made both on the open forum and by pm. On occasions they have overstepped the mark and been reported. Its usually the same two or three that resort to personal abuse although I've not been subjected to any abuse for some time now. If the mods have anything to do with that then I thank them.

My attitude as well.

Name calling is playground stuff and imo reflects a certain lack of intellect and debating skills on the part of the perpetrator.

Like you I've had some very abusive and unpleasant comments made both on the open forum and by pm. On occasions they have overstepped the mark and been reported. Its usually the same two or three that resort to personal abuse although I've not been subjected to any abuse for some time now. If the mods have anything to do with that then I thank them.

good because you smell :laughcont:

I take everything with a pinch of salt but thats just my charactor its normally like water off a ducks back

Discuss

I think the mods are doing a great job overall, but can't be expected to filter through every comment. At the end of the day, it is also up to posters to act like grown-ups. I also believe that we are all likely to overstep the mark at times, as we are all passionate supporters of our club, so tensions do run high. I think the mods do take this into account when deciding whether to act . I'm sure most of us could have been banned at one point or another, if the mods strictly enforced the forum rules. It's a really difficult balance to strike and not a job I would like to do. Well done mods!:clapping:

i would also like to be informed what action if any has been taken.

I'm sorry but that wouldn't be discussed, why should you need to know what actions are carried out on another user? It would just cause more hassles

I'm sorry but that wouldn't be discussed, why should you need to know what actions are carried out on another user? It would just cause more hassles

The reason being is that if am the poster being abused or offended against, then i think its reasonable to expect action to be taken and to be informed privatley what action has been taken.

I really dont see it as a problem but something that needs to be done to make this forum a safe place to express opinions without being insulted and /or abused by keyboard playground bullies

I might be speaking out of line here but surely its not quite as bad as it sounds, I do read most threads and have to say I've never seen any really bad threats or insults, just the odd name calling here and there, its not as if your stood face to face to the poster, they don't know you from Adam so just ignore it and don't retaliate, the "snitch" button should be used as a last resort IMO.

Indeed. Feel the same unfortunately,

Used it on a number of occasions and appears to be a waste of time.

Archived