IGNORED

Mods On Otib

Mr Gow

We'd all have to give up our day jobs if we were to start responding to every single one.

I hear what you say but surely it's not beyond the wit of a techie to send an auto-acknowledgement PM when the report has been read by a mod? I'm not asking for a detailed explanation of what action, if any, has been taken - just a note to say that the report has been read/noted.

good because you smell :laughcont:

I take everything with a pinch of salt but thats just my charactor its normally like water off a ducks back

I think people's level of acceptance varies greatly and this, by definition, can cause hurt amongst those who are rather less boisterous, shall we say.

Perhaps every poster should think and think again before clicking the send button by re-reading their post and trying to understand a little more that they may not think it causes offense if it was coming in to them but that others maybe, just maybe, are a little more sensitive;

Personal management of everything you post should be covered by such or Tom you could insert a second click requirement with a pop up that says - are you sure you wish to post? I know this slows down the interaction and could be a little irritating for most but, if the problem is there as many suggest, it might be one way of slowing the abuse?

I think people's level of acceptance varies greatly and this, by definition, can cause hurt amongst those who are rather less boisterous, shall we say.

Perhaps every poster should think and think again before clicking the send button by re-reading their post and trying to understand a little more that they may not think it causes offense if it was coming in to them but that others maybe, just maybe, are a little more sensitive;

Personal management of everything you post should be covered by such or Tom you could insert a second click requirement with a pop up that says - are you sure you wish to post? I know this slows down the interaction and could be a little irritating for most but, if the problem is there as many suggest, it might be one way of slowing the abuse?

or we can go to the Winchester have a pint and wait for all this to blow over

I've got a question for the MODs. flowers.gif

Do you have a ranking structure, e.g. corporal, sergent, rear admiral, or is it more informal? E.g. "Who wants to wipe thier arses tonight?"

P.S. Sorry about the word 'arse', there - feel free to censor me.

snack.gif

Mods just mod. Admin do the same thing but they can do name changes and other stuff mods can't.

We generally all chip in as and when we can.

Mods just mod. Admin do the same thing but they can do name changes and other stuff mods can't.

Many thanks Dollymarie flowers.gif

What rank are you though? E.g. Flight Sergent / Admiral of the Fleet / Aircraftsman 1st Class??

P.S. You have an impossible job - not helped by people like me. innocent06.gif

Are the mods short handed Dolls? I only ask because this a busy site and it can't be easy to be watchful all the time as you all have full time jobs.

If you need some more volunteers then maybe some retired or unemployed forum users could sign up.

Are the mods short handed Dolls? I only ask because this a busy site and it can't be easy to be watchful all the time as you all have full time jobs.

If you need some more volunteers then maybe some retired or unemployed forum users could sign up.

You're thinking of Jeremy Beadle :whistle2:

I thought I was the overlord.. pfft that's what I got called by my last fan.

If you don't mind me saying......... I don't think it is very nice showing the black cat with Parkinsons.

Pretty bad taste for a moderator. disapointed2se.gif

What next on OTIB - live footage of roadkill?

disapointed2se.gif

Don't be so modest Lieutenant Colonel Dollymarie.

Can women be lieutenant colonels? :ermm:

If you don't mind me saying......... I don't think it is very nice showing the black cat with Parkinsons.

Pretty bad taste for a moderator. disapointed2se.gif

What next on OTIB - live footage of roadkill?

disapointed2se.gif

I do hope you realise the overlord, I mean Tom was messing with ya. :w00t:

Would you say its a bit of a closed shop then?

I wasn't offering btw.

You're reading too much into it, its merely that we can cope as we are now.

Can women be lieutenant colonels? :ermm:

I do hope you realise the overlord, I mean Tom was messing with ya. :w00t:

You're reading too much into it, its merely that we can cope as we are now.

Dollymarie flowers.gif

I see. I am supposed to take the blatant exhibition of suffering animals as normal on OTIB - pussies in particular?

E.g.

This is an outrage.

MODS!!

snack.gif

I hear what you say but surely it's not beyond the wit of a techie to send an auto-acknowledgement PM when the report has been read by a mod? I'm not asking for a detailed explanation of what action, if any, has been taken - just a note to say that the report has been read/noted.

The only thing they need to tell you is, " If you don't like it, eff off. "

Last time I checked this isn't a democracy they volunteer. What with all the Daily Mail over reaction and hand wringing that goes on I'm surprised they bother at all.

It is just an internet forum, get over yourselves children

You're thinking of Jeremy Beadle :whistle2:

& we're all ...... Game For A Laugh!

(well most of us are anyway - & those without a gsoh better watch out :punish: (even if Beadles no longer About!! )

btw... K Millen -please stop playing that spoof football, it was a poor joke first time around & it's worn even thinner week after week.. A joke's a joke but its time to stop messin' about & start getting down to some proper BCFC football again.. cheers!

Archived