IGNORED

Worst Player Ever

Brian Mitchell
without question Brian Mitchell, simply the worst player I ever saw!! I think the voting is exposing the age of many. no one in their right mind would vote for anyone other then dear old Brian if they were old enough to witness him play under denis smith....

worse ever player must be Jason Roberts played 1 game and **** E D Off!! then later played for rovers and then got in to the premiership.(now back in Division 1)

Lucky barsteward!!

Worse player!!

Jason Roberts

Were you one of those wierd people who had a go at me at Swindon then completely lost any argument by proclaiming that Roberts was a thrid division crap striker ? :clap:

1 Game 1 goal, not a bad return for Roberts really, and he did sod off but only because Ward refused to allow him to play for his country, so he went off and signed for rovers.

Worst player, got to be Julian Watts he was an absolute moron.

worse ever player must be Jason Roberts played 1 game and **** E D Off!! then later played for rovers and then got in to the premiership.(now back in Division 1)

Lucky barsteward!!

Worse player!!

Jason Roberts

Worst player ever?!?! Hardly.

One game, one goal (the winner vs. Oldham away as I remember).

So what if he went to Rovers. It doesn't make him poo.

He's probably one of the better City players, considering he went on to play Prem football.

Just remember another that I am surprised no-one has mentioned.

Gerard Lavin !!!!!

Useless player but really funny debut when he broke that reading fans arm !!! :clap:

Agree he was awful-ment to be rated at 1 Million when we got him!! Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin.

Mark lever was quality he used 2 chop players down left right and centre.

Paul mortimer was poo

That's a hard one to call but I''m going to have to go with Carl Hutchings or Robbie Turner (if I remember rightly he had one good game, scoring a double against chelsea). Also Gordon Owen

missed some bloody crucial penalties for the red's so i'm putting him up there with the rest of em just for that.

Mortimer was class.

Unfortunately he was injured class, which is why Wigwam gets to manage the lot on this thread, buying a old player with a terminal injury.

Yeah I remember Paul Mortimer. It was the first game of the season since being relagated from the first division and we played Bournemouth at home and he set up Ade Akinbiyi twice with two class balls. But since that he got injured and never seemed to play again. :sub:

Guest bemmyred

Lucky barsteward!!

Worse player!!

Jason Roberts

Wouldn't you have buggered off after scoring a great individual goal at Oldham and then being told you were dropped for on loan tubby Sean McCarthy.(He'd been borrowed from Oldham who refused to let him play against them).

The decision by Ward not to play Roberts was equally as bizarre as some of Wilsons.

Paul Wimbleton for one of the worst City players!!!!

roberts actuly made his debut against carlisle for us,coming on as a sub. i remember he ran a good 40yards with the ball,went through on goal.........and then fell over!!!! :sub::o;):me?:
Is this true? The way I remember things is that Roberts made his debut in a tough must-win game at Oldham, and scored what became his trademark goal. Mind you, my memory's not the best ... ^_^

Ward repaid this vital contribution to our promotion campaign with a place on the bench for his HOME debut against Carlisle. Apparently, the experience of Sean McCarthy was to be more important in the run-in. Roberts was not happy (can't think why) and perhaps showed this in a fairly immature way - no doubt a combination of frustration and eagerness to make his mark led to the effort you describe!

I can't help being annoyed at Ward for mismanaging what was obviously a raw talent. I'd happily go on record as saying I wish we'd signed him, even if we'd have had to pay twice as much as the poor little Gas ended up shelling out! :D

Matt Hill this season, he couldn't pass wind, he panics big style and he'll be found out bug style in Div 1 next season
Well let's consider the fact that he has been played out of position all season. yes his passing still needs to improve but the rest of his game is excellent when he plays centre back.

kevin nugent....never rated him that much

I don't think he rated himself that much either, but I quite admired that. He played within his capabilities and didn't try to do anything to clever. An excellent lower division player.

Is this true? The way I remember things is that Roberts made his debut in a tough must-win game at Oldham, and scored what became his trademark goal. Mind you, my memory's not the best ... :blink:
I'm 99%sure that is the case. it was a wet and windy saturday and we beat carlisle 1-0,goodridge hit one from about 25yards and the ball squirmed through the keepers hands and went in. :):laugh:

roberts then came on for about the last 15minuites and went on a mazy run then fell over,il never forget it because it would have been one of the goals of the season if he had scored!!!

the following tuesday we played oldham and roberts was given a start,as sean mcarthy wasnt allowed to play against them as he was on loan from them. anyone else remember that carlisle game????

This is a chamber of helll!!!!!!!!!! bringing back some of the worst memories of past disasters!!!!! claus zwuinenberg bought in my benny was built like an ox and never really got a chance but names like steve torpey , peter beadle and joe burnell, too be booed by your own teams fans must say something about your ability as a player.

Guest Liam_Burns

kevin nugent....never rated him that much

I don't think he rated himself that much either, but I quite admired that. He played within his capabilities and didn't try to do anything to clever. An excellent lower division player.

I admired the bloke, he used to try hard, but i just dont think he was very good

you can tell the age of the people on this forum when suggestions like steve jones, beadle and torpey are being banded around.

the injured steve jones, was probably the worst player i've seen (he got the lowest even post rating when he got taken off at 1/2 time at notts county 4-4 draw), however when he was fit he was great and the fans really took to him - although i don't think the players ever forgave him for a certain xmas party.

beads and torps were very hard working, marcus stewart said that beads was one of the biggest influences on his career so obviously can't have been bad to play with and torps has done very well at scunny.

Archived