IGNORED

Name & Shame Them Millen!

RC1984

On the is it Millen says the turned down moves which is less sensational then the evil post story which was something I was trying to get at

Without the details of the loan offers made it would be un-professional of keef to "name and shame" them it could of been location of the team it could of been wages it could be that they were only going to sit on the bench for said team

Quite right.

Loan deals need to be good for both out going club, incoming club and player. Can only assume the 3 offers in question did not satisfy all three. Unforunately the press statement has inadvertently kicked off some supporter resentment which I assume was not its intention and is unfortunate at best. We do not know all the facts to make a judgement. When you consider there have also been loan requests turned down by City this season, it just shows how easily fans can accidentiy get a disorted view on events.

Lets see how the transfer window progresses and hopefully City will get all its "non playing Pro's" out on successful loans soon.

Does this not contradict the EP article Robbo posted yesterday in which Keith said:

Although City's directors would prefer Millen to move players out before sanctioning further signings, the manager insisted he does not have to sell in order to buy.

Or am I missing something? Or has the strategy chnaged yet again?:innocent06:

It changes daily!!

On the is it Millen says the turned down moves which is less sensational then the evil post story which was something I was trying to get at

Without the details of the loan offers made it would be un-professional of keef to "name and shame" them it could of been location of the team it could of been wages it could be that they were only going to sit on the bench for said team

Quite right. Loan deals need to be good for both out going club, incoming club and player. Can only assume the 3 offers in question did not satisfy all three. Unforunately the press statement has inadvertently kicked off some supporter resentment which I assume was not its intention and is unfortunate. We do not know all the facts to make a judgement. When you consider there have also been loan requests turned down by City this season, it just shows how easily fans can accidentiy get a disorted view on events.

Lets see how the transfer window progresses and hopefully City will get all its "non playing Pro's" out on successful loans soon.

Do you know the facts Ronnabe? If so maybe you can enlighten us... otherwise how else can form opinions...

I know what you've said assumes Hunt hasn't featured purely/mainly because the Leeds game, which you don't know and doesn't really add up.

Who wants Nicky Hunt? I'm suggesting he gets a chance, not saying he is the answer

I know as I said want Nicky Hunt to get a chance"

serious, people just change their view points as any reason to give Millen stick,

what happens IF millen gives him a chance and Hunt flops yet again, I've no doubt you will be among the first slating Millen for giving him a chance, He just can't win,

I know as I said want Nicky Hunt to get a chance"

serious, people just change their view points as any reason to give Millen stick,

what happens IF millen gives him a chance and Hunt flops yet again, I've no doubt you will be among the first slating Millen for giving him a chance, He just can't win,

What would help with the Hunt situation is if the club actually tried to explain exactly what is going on, there is obviously something happening in the background and it would help us perhaps to understand what those problems are.

Having said that if Hunt flopped again he would be in good company.

I know what you've said assumes Hunt hasn't featured purely/mainly because the Leeds game, which you don't know and doesn't really add up.

Well he hasn't played since and in that game he wasn't match fit.

I don't know how anyone can judge a player on so few appearances either. Lots of players start badly at new clubs and go on to do very well

The whole story in nothing more than a crude attempt by Millen to deflect blame from himself on to others. He's pointing the finger and saying to the fans here's the reason we're struggling, this is why we're having problems. It's quite pathetic really. The actions of a desperate man thrashing about as he sinks into the mire.

People often say about KM, 'he's a nice guy', but I'm not even sure about that any more. What with his porkies about player injuries and attempted demonisation of certain players, I wonder if he's much less pleasant than the consensus suggests.

The only transfer I'm interested in is Keith's - to the dole queue.

The whole story in nothing more than a crude attempt by Millen to deflect blame from himself on to others. He's pointing the finger and saying to the fans here's the reason we're struggling, this is why we're having problems. It's quite pathetic really. The actions of a desperate man thrashing about as he sinks into the mire.

People often say about KM, 'he's a nice guy', but I'm not even sure about that any more. What with his porkies about player injuries and attempted demonisation of certain players, I wonder if he's much less pleasant than the consensus suggests.

The only transfer I'm interested in is Keith's - to the dole queue.

Given that he said yesterday that he did not need to get players out to bring others in this issue is not relevant to the performance of the team itself. The players he does not want are not to blame for his tactics and selections nor for the form of the players he likes. If he was trying to deflect blame for what is happening on the pitch it is somewhat unconvincing to say the least. We all agree the squad needs reducing but we don't need to be constantly reminded. Best if Keith got on with the job and stop giving hostages to fortune.

That could be said for a few of the out of favour players....

Nicky Hunt.... out of favour because of one shocking performance away at leeds...... not given a chance to prove himself since. One game ffs. I can understand fickle fans writing him off - a but a manager of a football club?

Clarkson as you say.

Cisse - looked really good last season, certainly better than what we've got.

I suspect these players are on high wages and with the team not performing, its gotta be asked why has'nt he given any of them a go.

Come on Riaz it wasn't one game. He was appalling in every single game for us bar the away game at Donny, where he was ok. He shouldn't be considered because in the 7 games he played for us he was ok in one, appalling in 5 and almost impossibly bad in the other.

I agree with you on Cisse though. Looked good in the second part of last season and offered us both protection and control. I'm by no means one of Skuse's biggest critics but it's hard to see why he's picked ahead of Cisse for any reason other than where he was born.

Come on Riaz it wasn't one game. He was appalling in every single game for us bar the away game at Donny, where he was ok. He shouldn't be considered because in the 7 games he played for us he was ok in one, appalling in 5 and almost impossibly bad in the other.

I agree with you on Cisse though. Looked good in the second part of last season and offered us both protection and control. I'm by no means one of Skuse's biggest critics but it's hard to see why he's picked ahead of Cisse for any reason other than where he was born.

So where does that leave Woolford then?. How many more chances does he deserve?.

So where does that leave Woolford then?. How many more chances does he deserve?.

He's been shit in every game he's played this season and judging him on the 9 months he's been here he's been poor. So perhaps not many. However, as I said on another thread, Hunt was a liability and he single-handedly cost us games. Incredibly Woolford looks solid whenever he has to clever, he's just pathetic going forward. He's also our second choice left winger whereas we have decent cover at right-back.

Sometimes I wonder if lansdown was too generous and backed too many managers at the wrong time can't knock him too much but hindsight is a wonderful thing looking back over the past 5 years who have we signed we could now sell on for a profit ? Albert yes ! Maynard possibly but he is losing value by the second and could be worthless with one bad tackle (I would have sold last window)

I feel sorry for SL, he has backed his managers and he has backed the signings that his managers have made by paying good wages. if you want to know why his interest in the club has waned somewhat, it's to do with the disloyalty shown by the players and their role in GJ's eventual demise. The performances of the players during this period was pathetic and anyone who believes that they were giving 100% is in denial. The dressing room had 2 trouble makers and a gullible captain, always a recipe for disaster.

Don't get me wrong GJ had his day and had to go in fact probably should have gone 6 months earlier, but the way it panned out was a personal kick in the guts for SL, that well paid players just could'nt be bothered to perform in a professional manner.

The last 2 seasons problems are totally different, but believe me the dressing room at the moment is in a delicate state but once it's gone so will Millen.

Archived