IGNORED

Name & Shame Them Millen!

RC1984

The funny thing is that your serious!

The thing is Riaz you may well laugh now but its going to have to start happening in football. I honestly think in 10 to 15 years time the days of long term deals will be a thing of the past. Clubs up and down the country are left in the same situation as us, tons of players on there books that they can't afford yet thave to pay because they are on stupidly long contracts, much like the extortionate wages it has to change.

The thing is Riaz you may well laugh now but its going to have to start happening in football. I honestly think in 10 to 15 years time the days of long term deals will be a thing of the past. Clubs up and down the country are left in the same situation as us, tons of players on there books that they can't afford yet thave to pay because they are on stupidly long contracts, much like the extortionate wages it has to change.

Indeed, was discussing this with a mate the other day and one thing thta clearly stands out about footballers contracts- so bloody watertight. Unlike ordinary employees who can be laid off with more ease or asked to take a wage cut if companies have debt, we do not see this with footballers. The following rule (though I'm sure worded differently) says it all:

"In the event of financial problems/administration, players contracts must be honoured."

Over and above other 'ordinary' creditors no doubt- maybe wrong but I doubt it's the same for workers in the ordinary economy...

Where KM has made an error in judgement IMO is in telling individual players they are not in his plans! He is then asking those same players to do us all a favour and go out on loan so the club can save some dosh and afford the replacements that he (KM) wants to bring in to replace them in the squad.

Think about it, under those circumstances I wouldnt do anyone (KM/SL/CS/et al) any favours what so ever.

The side KM sends out has been well beaten by Swindon for god sake and still the likes of Clarkson Stead Ribiero Ball Stewart Johnson Hunt Bolaise, Jackson etc can get no where near the first team.

At this point the manager needs to have all players available for selection and feeling they are part of the club, including those above.

KM himself has created the massive division in the squad, how would you train along side the likes of Elliott Skuse etc if you knew you had no chance of playing in front of them no matter how inept they are.This is easily his biggest mistake and if not rectified PDQ WILL cost him his job.

Now is the time for KM to articulately say that everyone at our club should consider themselves as part of our future plans at least for the forth coming season and let them prove they are not cast offs, but Good Fotballers, as they must be as they wouldn't have been brought here in the first place...

If you read this forum Keith this is the course of action to take and bloody quick before the point of no return is reached and that could be as early as Saturday if we are beaten by more than 1 goal...

Furthermore you have Stead Maynard Pitman Clarkson and Jackson all available as strikers and yet we play with one up front at home...Whilst I dont agree with much said about your tactical ineptitude, you can see why many might view you as being the problem!!!

GJ did it...He made it plain we are one club and one squad and went about instilling discipline and confidence between the club the players and the fans, now you need to show leadership and management ability as well as coaching ability.........Good Luck

Where KM has made an error in judgement IMO is in telling individual players they are not in his plans! He is then asking those same players to do us all a favour and go out on loan so the club can save some dosh and afford the replacements that he (KM) wants to bring in to replace them in the squad.

Think about it, under those circumstances I wouldnt do anyone (KM/SL/CS/et al) any favours what so ever.

The side KM sends out has been well beaten by Swindon for god sake and still the likes of Clarkson Stead Ribiero Ball Stewart Johnson Hunt Bolaise, Jackson etc can get no where near the first team.

At this point the manager needs to have all players available for selection and feeling they are part of the club, including those above.

KM himself has created the massive division in the squad, how would you train along side the likes of Elliott Skuse etc if you knew you had no chance of playing in front of them no matter how inept they are.This is easily his biggest mistake and if not rectified PDQ WILL cost him his job.

Now is the time for KM to articulately say that everyone at our club should consider themselves as part of our future plans at least for the forth coming season and let them prove they are not cast offs, but Good Fotballers, as they must be as they wouldn't have been brought here in the first place...

If you read this forum Keith this is the course of action to take and bloody quick before the point of no return is reached and that could be as early as Saturday if we are beaten by more than 1 goal...

Furthermore you have Stead Maynard Pitman Clarkson and Jackson all available as strikers and yet we play with one up front at home...Whilst I dont agree with much said about your tactical ineptitude, you can see why many might view you as being the problem!!!

GJ did it...He made it plain we are one club and one squad and went about instilling discipline and confidence between the club the players and the fans, now you need to show leadership and management ability as well as coaching ability.........Good Luck

I don't see that as a failing at all. The same players are going to be out of contract at the end of season and If I was them I would be itching to go and play some football somewhere so I could get my next club lined up. It shows a potential club you want to play football and are not happy sat on the sidelines.

I don't see that as a failing at all. The same players are going to be out of contract at the end of season and If I was them I would be itching to go and play some football somewhere so I could get my next club lined up. It shows a potential club you want to play football and are not happy sat on the sidelines.

Exactly, show any future employer that you actually want to play football and not just be given money for sitting around doing nowt, who knows it might even impress them, especially when you have been told you are not wanted. I can't imagine any prospective employer being impressed by any of them at the moment. 2.51 mill unemployed at the moment.

But that is specifically whats not happening in this case, if the emphasis of this thread is to be believed that (some) players are refusing to move on loan.

Its all very well managing the odd individual out of a business, but a whole group is a different kettle of fish, particularly as they appear to have been told they are surplus to requirements... I suspect some of the players mentioned in my original post are itching for a chance at Bristol City but the manager seems not to want to play at all a large percentage of his squad, which to my way of thinking is ripe for creating division and disenchantment, not a good place for a football club to be!

But that is specifically whats not happening in this case, if the emphasis of this thread is to be believed that (some) players are refusing to move on loan.

Its all very well managing the odd individual out of a business, but a whole group is a different kettle of fish, particularly as they appear to have been told they are surplus to requirements... I suspect some of the players mentioned in my original post are itching for a chance at Bristol City but the manager seems not to want to play at all a large percentage of his squad, which to my way of thinking is ripe for creating division and disenchantment, not a good place for a football club to be!

But surely an atmosphere any self respecting professional would want to get away from ASAP and play the game they claim to love. When a marriage is over it ends in divorce even though one of them might still be in love.

But surely an atmosphere any self respecting professional would want to get away from ASAP and play the game they claim to love. When a marriage is over it ends in divorce even though one of them might still be in love.

Absolutely.

Fair play to Lee Johnson, Marlon Jackson and David Clarkson for going out on loan and trying to further their careers.

Those who have refused to go and are happy to sit in the stand and collect their money for not doing very much should be ashamed of themselves......

Absolutely.

Fair play to Lee Johnson, Marlon Jackson and David Clarkson for going out on loan and trying to further their careers.

Those who have refused to go and are happy to sit in the stand and collect their money for not doing very much should be ashamed of themselves......

Plus not impressing any prospective employers, who are looking for players with the right attitude.

if you want to know why his interest in the club has waned somewhat, it's to do with the disloyalty shown by the players and their role in GJ's eventual demise. The performances of the players during this period was pathetic and anyone who believes that they were giving 100% is in denial. The dressing room had 2 trouble makers and a gullible captain, always a recipe for disaster.

Don't get me wrong GJ had his day and had to go in fact probably should have gone 6 months earlier, but the way it panned out was a personal kick in the guts for SL, that well paid players just could'nt be bothered to perform in a professional manner.

So the players concerned not only refused to give 100% for the manager, the fans, and the shirt - we knew that already - but their attitude, and it's consequences, also led directly to SL becoming disillusioned.

They've got one hell of a lot to answer for.mad.gif

Absolutely.

All may not be as simple as you discribe. All players want to play so can only assume the loans on offer were not actually helpful in furthering carreers. Also assume you know that already but cannot understand why you are intent on trying to incite the fans on this forum with such emotive statements

As I said Esmond this thread is entitled 'Name and Shame them Millen' so if the original poster is to be believed some players wont move...So its logical to suspect some or all of the players that are surplus to KM's requirements are not going to move easily and still want/expect to play for a place!

However with Clarkson moving for a month LJ at Chesterfield and Jackson at Northmpton perhaps now a mini exodus has begun!

Before criticizing players, imagine dropping the kids off at school, the wife off at work and wandering into your job in Asda with your mates. The boss calls you in and tells you he doesn't think you are the best on self scan, so he wants you to go to a Tesco store in Cleethorpes to work for a couple of months.

Would you jump at the offer?

Before criticizing players, imagine dropping the kids off at school, the wife off at work and wandering into your job in Asda with your mates. The boss calls you in and tells you he doesn't think you are the best on self scan, so he wants you to go to a Tesco store in Cleethorpes to work for a couple of months.

Would you jump at the offer?

No I would not. Especially if the other option was to sit around on your arse doing **** all !!

Although for £10K per week I might.

All may not be as simple as you discribe. All players want to play so can only assume the loans on offer were not actually helpful in furthering carreers. Also assume you know that already but cannot understand why you are intent on trying to incite the fans on this forum with such emotive statements

What a strange statement. Surely rejecting loans elsewhere suggests that they don't?

I also can't see how expressing displeasure at players who are apprently prepared to sit in the stands for their cash rather than play football is in any way "inciting fans on the forum".

How can playing as opposed to watching not automatically further someone's career, anyway?

There are 4 players left now who clearly don't feature in Millens' plans, namely Hunt, Stewart, Cisse and Ribeiro.

Hunt hasn't kicked a ball in professional football for almost a year now and he isn't being seriously considered for a place, surely getting a game somewhere would help his career? Stewart is similar, not used at all this season, having started less than half of last season's games, wouldn't a spell on loan help his career, too?

I like Cisse but his time with us mirrors Stewart's, he started under 20 games last season and is obviously out of favour, if a loan opportunity came up I'm baffled as to why he wouldn't take it as he's bound to be released next summer if Millen is still in charge.

Ribeiro hasn't played in the first team since New Year's Day, I cannot believe he wouldn't want to go somewhere else and play first team football.

I stand by my statement that those turning down the opportunity to do what they are paid to do, (even if it isn't for us) should be ashamed of themselves.

What a strange statement. Surely rejecting loans elsewhere suggests that they don't?

I also can't see how expressing displeasure at players who are apprently prepared to sit in the stands for their cash rather than play football is in any way "inciting fans on the forum".

How can playing as opposed to watching not automatically further someone's career, anyway?

There are 4 players left now who clearly don't feature in Millens' plans, namely Hunt, Stewart, Cisse and Ribeiro.

Hunt hasn't kicked a ball in professional football for almost a year now and he isn't being seriously considered for a place, surely getting a game somewhere would help his career? Stewart is similar, not used at all this season, having started less than half of last season's games, wouldn't a spell on loan help his career, too?

I like Cisse but his time with us mirrors Stewart's, he started under 20 games last season and is obviously out of favour, if a loan opportunity came up I'm baffled as to why he wouldn't take it as he's bound to be released next summer if Millen is still in charge.

Ribeiro hasn't played in the first team since New Year's Day, I cannot believe he wouldn't want to go somewhere else and play first team football.

I stand by my statement that those turning down the opportunity to do what they are paid to do, (even if it isn't for us) should be ashamed of themselves.

Here, Here and they lack respect for themselves as well. Their actions make a mockery of the sound bytes 'I just love to play', 'short career' and especially 'it's not about the money' and hopefully prospective employers will take note of that lack of dedication and respect, I hope either they don't get another job or if they do it is at a really poor level and they get paid peanuts. They are legally doing nothing wrong whatsoever of course but they are all relatively young in football terms and they are damaging their future careers/earning power, if they were about to retire I could understand it.

The double standards applied to this issue by fans is astounding. Players who manufacture a move whilst under contract the feeling is 'well you can't blame them wanting to better themselves', when a club attempts to move on players under contract who do not feature in plans, suddenly the clubs are criminals, yet again it's win/win for the players and it needs to change.

What I don't understand is the obscene focus on players not playing staying fit. Probably down to the 600 pages schyster player contracts..

If they are surplus to requirement - off load them asap. We have to live with that they might fool another club for a long term contract although nov likely. Shit has happened and we need to get rid of them to move forward. My only concern is that the club is twenty years behind it's time and we are likely to make the same poor signings all over again.

What I don't understand is the obscene focus on players not playing staying fit. Probably down to the 600 pages schyster player contracts..

If they are surplus to requirement - off load them asap. We have to live with that they might fool another club for a long term contract although not very likely. Shit has happened and we need to get rid of them as soon as possible to move forward.

My only concern is that the club is twenty years behind it's time and are likely to make the same poor signings all over again.

Archived