IGNORED

Nathan Eccleston ...

InCider

I know this isn't City related, but thought this story was quite interesting ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14914280.stm

I know many clubs don't want players tweeting, but was just wondering if players are entitled to have their own opinions. Whilst these comments may be seen as insensitive to families mourning victims and also untrue, surely if Nathan Eccleston believes this to be the case, he is entitled to share his opinion. Afterall, almost a third of Americans also share this view point, at least according to some sources. I'm sure Liverpool will take disciplinary action, as they will believe that PR damage could be done, but should they? I'm not keen on Twitter myself, as I don't particularly need to know what Stephen Fry is having for breakfast, but are clubs right in censoring any non-football related comments?

I would be very interested in what people make of this. Surely, freedom of speech also applies to footballers?

I know this isn't City related, but thought this story was quite interesting ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14914280.stm

I know many clubs don't want players tweeting, but was just wondering if players are entitled to have their own opinions. Whilst these comments may be seen as insensitive to families mourning victims and also untrue, surely if Nathan Eccleston believes this to be the case, he is entitled to share his opinion. Afterall, almost a third of Americans also share this view point, at least according to some sources. I'm sure Liverpool will take disciplinary action, as they will believe that PR damage could be done, but should they? I'm not keen on Twitter myself, as I don't particularly need to know what Stephen Fry is having for breakfast, but are clubs right in censoring any non-football related comments?

I would be very interested in what people make of this. Surely, freedom of speech also applies to footballers?

I read that article earlier and did wonder if the club would have reacted in the same way if they did not have American owners. I'm with you on the twitter thing , I'm not interested but plenty are and freedom of expression is one of the things that needs to be upheld. In my opinion Liverpool should release a statement along the lines of "these are the views of the author and not the club" and leave it at that.

Every player in the country will have a part in their contract that says they cannot discuss matters concerning the football club he is contracted to over any form or social media. However unless the club puts in a players contract that they cant use Social Networking sites such as Twitter or Facebook to express personal opinion on matters outside of the club then I dont see how the player has done much wrong. Surely that is his own choice to say what he likes and there for cant be disciplined for expressing his own opinion.

If someone at the club thought what he said might have been out of order, then surely its just a case of a quiet word in his ear just to make him aware that what he says could be viewed as controversial and to be a bit more careful about what he posts in the future.

Personally, as much as I dont really buy into most conspiracy theories I dont have a problem with anyone who wishes to look into them or believe them.

The funny thing is that anything that happens all over the world is always going to have a cloud of conspiracy around it - especially if the American government is involved! But people seem to read too much into things.

With regards to 9/11.....

Ive seen all the conspiracy theory programmes, they actually interest me quite a lot but purely to see just how people come up with some of their crazy theories. Some of them do seem to carry quite a bit of weight, but overall the evidence against a conspiracy is far greater than the evidence for a conspiracy.

Do I think 9/11 was a set up by the Americans to start a war? No

Do I think George W Bush knew more about what was going on that day than we were lead to believe? No

Was Lee Johnson to blame? If some fans on this forum had anything to do with it - then probably!

I read that article earlier and did wonder if the club would have reacted in the same way if they did not have American owners. I'm with you on the twitter thing , I'm not interested but plenty are and freedom of expression is one of the things that needs to be upheld. In my opinion Liverpool should release a statement along the lines of "these are the views of the author and not the club" and leave it at that.

That would have been a fair outcome. I'm not sure what is happening other than the fact they are 'investigating'. Surely, he should be able to say anything he wants, apart from anything illegal like inciting racial hatred, for example. I don't think he's right, if he is suggesting an 'inside job', but he can express that view if he wishes to do so. I'm not sure the timing of his comment was very sensitive either, but that's his problem and not the club's.

Every player in the country will have a part in their contract that says they cannot discuss matters concerning the football club he is contracted to over any form or social media. However unless the club puts in a players contract that they cant use Social Networking sites such as Twitter or Facebook to express personal opinion on matters outside of the club then I dont see how the player has done much wrong. Surely that is his own choice to say what he likes and there for cant be disciplined for expressing his own opinion.

You can't actually have such a contract, it would be illegal and without a severability clause actually render the whole contract unenforcable.

The Scousers do love a good boycott though!

When it matters :) I would agree that the club should be concerned if the tweet was about the club or about football (e.g. Torres the other day).

I think he's entitled to his view.

On the general subject, often it is stated it is only nutters or those with an axe to grind who believe it but why would architects question the official version to the extent they have if they don't believe something may be amiss?

Certainly from what I've read, in mainland Europe it was shown on programmes on the day of 9/11 discussing these theories on fairly big channels- Rai in Italy and one or two equivelants in Germany and France.

You should check out the nonsense Bradley Orr was coming out with on twitter during the Riots last month! Apparently they were orchestrated by the Government!

i3hxtj.jpg

What a load of crap!! The riots were nothing more than little hoodies jumping on the band wagon thinking they could bag themselves a new telly or some new trainers and get away with it as everyone else was doing it. Not one of them would have thought about why they were doing it - it was purely mindless crime for the sake of "being a bwad manz, ya get me blad".

While the conspiracy theories by Messrs Orr and Ecclestone are far fetched, certainly I'm surprised at the apparent trust many on this thread seem to view the Govt with.

I retain a healthy cynicism towards all Institutions (Army, Goverment, police) personally.

While I dont trust the government entirely I do think that stories about 9/11 and the reasons behind the riots to be very far fetched.

The only conspiracy that Ive been told about recently that I kinda believe is the one surrounding Bin Ladens apparent capture and death. It seems convenient that they caught him, killed him and disposed of the body before anyone had even seen the proof - and they are yet to show us proof other than a few hazy photos. I potentially believe that they caught him and are still holding him captive trying to get information out of him.

He can have his say it really shouldn't be any concern to the club what he believes. Where they should draw the line is in the Joey Barton case where he was bad mouthing the owners of the football club. That stands to reason why he was offloaded, you or I would be if we slated our company in public.

Anyway I love the 911 twooof movement, the upside down demolition of the twin towers was amazing, the other amazing bit was out of the thousands that would need to be in on a inside job the size of that, not one person has come forward. The months of drilling holes, stripping back columns and inserting tnt into the buildings structure was also missed by the thousands that worked there. The most disturbing stat is that up to a 3rd of Americans actually believe in that shit rather than crazy people hijack planes.

He can have his say it really shouldn't be any concern to the club what he believes. Where they should draw the line is in the Joey Barton case where he was bad mouthing the owners of the football club. That stands to reason why he was offloaded, you or I would be if we slated our company in public.

Anyway I love the 911 twooof movement, the upside down demolition of the twin towers was amazing, the other amazing bit was out of the thousands that would need to be in on a inside job the size of that, not one person has come forward. The months of drilling holes, stripping back columns and inserting tnt into the buildings structure was also missed by the thousands that worked there. The most disturbing stat is that up to a 3rd of Americans actually believe in that shit rather than crazy people hijack planes.

most yanks are batshit crazy

I live in Croydon, and I'm sure you all saw the footage of Reeves Corner (the furniture shop) burning down.

I'm a bar manager for a well known chain, and I come across a lot of this town's undesirables causing trouble. One such person has been charged with the arson at reeves Corner.

Bradley if you're reading this, I can assure you that this man (if you can call him that) is definitely not a member of the illuminati, a NWO nor is he a Government mule!

Like I said before, I don't believe that Eccleston should be disciplined. But I do think that they should give him some kind of alternative education about it. I know as a football club it's not exactly their usual line of work, but if he had been more high profile it could have been a PR disaster for them! Nothing will come of their 'investigation' but they had to do something!

While the conspiracy theories by Messrs Orr and Ecclestone are far fetched, certainly I'm surprised at the apparent trust many on this thread seem to view the Govt with.

I retain a healthy cynicism towards all Institutions (Army, Goverment, police) personally.

Exactly. I'm not for one minute saying the the afforementioned conspiracy theories have any truth in them, but do think that at times, we forget how much control the Government has over what we know. It wouldn't take much for them to cover something massive up and not have many people question them.

One or two things. I don't exactly believe in the theory, in fact I'm not entirely sure either way but...

1) How do you explain the lack of plane debris in the field? Planes that usually crash have said debris all over the field. Moreover, local residents near said Pennyslvania field have said that they thought it was brought down by a missile.

2) Why would architechts say this about the buildings- gain for them? Presumably you are an architecht? I am not an architect so unqualified to speak on it, no idea if you are?

3) Firefighters in and around the buildings who survived or died believed they could put it out- the fire was manageable etc. Oddly enough it wasn't.

4) Only three skyscrapers have ever fallen with the speed or scale that occured due to 9/11- they all occured on 9/11. There have been quite big fires in skyscrapers before yet more of them have been left.

5) Project for American Century- the authors said they would need another Pearl Harbor to justify a large incursion into Middle East. This isn't a conspiracy theory, this particular point is on record. Whether it was an inside job or not, likely not but how large a coincidence is it that a few years after the Pearl Harbour point this happened?

Clearly terrorists flew planes into buildings, undoubtedly but there are a few things which could be questioned- why would architects, but more than that firefighters and people near the field of the plane crash in Pennyslvania offer such a different version to certain parts of the official events? They can't all be crazy- can they?

The same 3rd that deny Darwin's theory of evolution. Now denying this is truly delusional.

One or two things. I don't exactly believe in the theory, in fact I'm not entirely sure either way but...

1) How do you explain the lack of plane debris in the field? Planes that usually crash have said debris all over the field. Moreover, local residents near said Pennyslvania field have said that they thought it was brought down by a missile.

2) Why would architechts say this about the buildings- gain for them? Presumably you are an architecht? I am not an architect so unqualified to speak on it, no idea if you are?

3) Firefighters in and around the buildings who survived or died believed they could put it out- the fire was manageable etc. Oddly enough it wasn't.

4) Only three skyscrapers have ever fallen with the speed or scale that occured due to 9/11- they all occured on 9/11. There have been quite big fires in skyscrapers before yet more of them have been left.

5) Project for American Century- the authors said they would need another Pearl Harbor to justify a large incursion into Middle East. This isn't a conspiracy theory, this particular point is on record. Whether it was an inside job or not, likely not but how large a coincidence is it that a few years after the Pearl Harbour point this happened?

6) Building 7. It wasn't hit by a plane yet came down at near free fall speed in its own footprint. The only time ever a steel structured building has done this as a result of fire.

7) The people on the planes were incinerated, yet one of the hijackers passports floated down intact to be found by a policeman.

8) The hijackers, with a few hours flight training in a cessna, managed to execute a 180 degree turn in a 767 at 500mph & score a direct hit on the WTC. Twice.

9)The janitors in the lower levels who felt & heard an explosion in the basement before the first plane hit.

10) The circular entry and exit holes in the Pentagon.

11) The fact that the Pentagon have been unable to release a single piece of CCTV footage showing a plane hit the Pentagon.

There's a lot of reasons why a lot of people question the official account & Eccleston should be able to question it. The media constantly throw out the "disrespect to the families" line. What a load of bollox.

6) Building 7. It wasn't hit by a plane yet came down at near free fall speed in its own footprint. The only time ever a steel structured building has done this as a result of fire.

7) The people on the planes were incinerated, yet one of the hijackers passports floated down intact to be found by a policeman.

8) The hijackers, with a few hours flight training in a cessna, managed to execute a 180 degree turn in a 767 at 500mph & score a direct hit on the WTC. Twice.

9)The janitors in the lower levels who felt & heard an explosion in the basement before the first plane hit.

11) The fact that the Pentagon have been unable to release a single piece of CCTV footage showing a plane hit the Pentagon.

There's a lot of reasons why a lot of people question the official account & Eccleston should be able to question it. The media constantly throw out the "disrespect to the families" line. What a load of bollox.

I've never looked into the theorys surrounding the Pentagon plane crash. But...I've never seen evidence of families who have lost loved ones on the plane coming forward. Have they ever released a list of people lost in that crash? I've seen nothing in the media, which makes me question it.

Item 7... So what are C theorists saying? That CIA/FBI are so gung-ho as to take their own lives "siucide pilot" style to aid their country.

Archived