IGNORED

Anyone Offer Me Any Hope After A Shit Week?

MC Risk

Millen being sacked/resigning is my best hope at the moment.

fingerscrossed.gif

Never! He won't go and we won't sack him, they're all spineless. I do however await Keith's usual spouting of crap afterwards. I am currently waiting for, "We're only 2 wins off the play offs and if you offered me that position with 10 games to go I'd take it".

The man is a baffoon.

Never! He won't go and we won't sack him, they're all spineless. I do however await Keith's usual spouting of crap afterwards. I am currently waiting for, "We're only 2 wins off the play offs and if you offered me that position with 10 games to go I'd take it".

The man is a baffoon.

That's BUFFOON !!

I can see us getting at least a point tomorrow:

Leeds aren't actually very good and have only won twice this season.

City are obviously more likely to score away from home.

KM has history of getting an unexpected result when he really needs one.

Having said that I notice Becchio has been declared fit after long term injury, and new signings Mikael Forssell and Mika Vayrynen could make their debuts.

Let's face it anything could happen - we could be absolutely hammered, but I've got a feeling we won't be.city.gif

I can see us getting at least a point tomorrow:

Leeds aren't actually very good and have only won twice this season.

City are obviously more likely to score away from home.

KM has history of getting an unexpected result when he really needs one.

Having said that I notice Becchio has been declared fit after long term injury, and new signings Mikael Forssell and Mika Vayrynen could make their debuts.

Let's face it anything could happen - we could be absolutely hammered, but I've got a feeling we won't be.city.gif

The trouble is we aint to clever either,think Leeds will beat us on their turf.:ranting:

Does every thread on here get hijacked by the fans who want Millen sacked? It does leave me wondering whether anyone actually wants the guy to succeed and remain in the job?

Personally, I'm hoping we can buck the trend of sacking managers before they have really had time to learn their craft whilst in the hotseat. I reckon Millen should retain the manager's job until at least chrimbo, it only takes a couple of wins on the bounce and then confidence and form could quickly multiply. All I say is give the guy more time to adapt and try to fix some of the failings. We're not getting hammered by teams and managed to stifle Brighton for much of last saturday's game. I look at the team and the players and it seems clear that we are not far away from being a decent championship team.

What I don't understand is the obscene focus on players not playing staying fit. Probably down to the 600 pages schyster player contracts..

If they are surplus to requirement - off load them asap. We have to live with that they might fool another club for a long term contract although not very likely. Shit has happened and we need to get rid of them as soon as possible to move forward.

My only concern is that the club is twenty years behind it's time and are likely to make the same poor signings all over again.

Things have been far worse. Expect a one all draw.

4-5-1 can work on the road and even at home with certain caveats.

1) The home side is defensively sound enough. Well we weren't at the start of the season but we're definitely moving in that direction. Check.

2) Strikers or mids are clinical when the chances arrive. Our lack of goals is a concern, especially at home.

3) The side playing said formation breaks with speed and guile. We do not do this, well not at home anyway- we seem to surge up the pitch and then it slows right down. There is a time/place for slowing it down but hitting a side on the break ain't it. If anyone saw Birmingham v Braga last night, there was one great break. Birmingham corner, broke down- around 10-30 seconds later in about 3 or 4 passes there was a dangerous Braga attack in and around the box of the hosts. This is a big failing with the way we set up in this formation, at least at home.

One great example of a rapid, incisive break- Napoli's goal at Man City. Look at it, so quick and incisive.

Archived