IGNORED

City v Leeds Match Thread

Avalonred

To any one who says remember last year I do only to well and the impact that Cisse had in Midifeld and changed our season..we actually looked like we could keep goals out. The start is becoming increasing like that of last years the common theme being no Ciise...he was seen as a Coppell signing and therefore the devil in carnet, and then played out of position in defence. If I remember correctly he got his chance in midfield due to injuries...not a sudden change of heart from Millen and we improved and the player kept his place.

We hear rumours that that something has gone on behind the scences between the manager and the player and we are back to square one..perhaps the players attitude IS wrong...but I can't help but feel that since he signed for the club he has been treated nothing better than a youth trainne, rather than the experienced first team squad memeber he is. The manager I beleive will soon be drinking at the last chance saloon and my meesage to him is swallow your pride and for god sake switch off that Pro Zone crap and re-visit what worked well last season.

It's that or get out of the club..becuase the tactiics are bringing the players, the supporters crashing down and there is really no need for it.

He's not going to sign a contract that might condemn him to League 1 next season.

...to be fair Maynard has come very close to signing more than once - trouble is its the pens, they keep missing the paper! :rofl2br:

(I'm sorry, I've tried this joke several times already today to no avail - well I think its a good 'un - so I've rehashed it again (a bit like NM actually -if you try at first & dont suceed try try AGAIN!!! ):farmer:

...to be fair Maynard has come very close to signing more than once - trouble is its the pens, they keep missing the paper! :rofl2br:

(I'm sorry, I've tried this joke several times already today to no avail - well I think its a good 'un - so I've rehashed it again (a bit like NM actually -if you try at first & dont suceed try try AGAIN!!! ):farmer:

I laughed anyway....

He missed a penalty - thats all - dont forget he did earn it and would have proabaly scored if wasnt taken down.

He's our best player - and you know it.......

problem is, he is not being used right.

MILLEN OUT

Very sensible post Riaz (for once :icecream:). Seriously though, you have hit the nail on the head. Maynard has had so much unfair criticism, I expect due to the fact that he has not yet signed a new contract. However, he is clearly one of our best, if not the best player we have. It's clear that in a 4-5-1 he will put away the occasional chances when we break (as at Leicester), but generally it doesn't suit his game. Okay he's missed a penalty again, but all players having missed one will still want to take the next. It's called confidence in your ability. Even players like Lampard occassionally miss 2 in a row, but it's rare for a manager to stop them taking another before the 2nd or 3rd is missed. Add to that the fact that we don't have any other penalty takers in our first XI and you can see why he was allowed to take responsibility again.

As for the Millen out bit, I do disagree, but I think that he's only got 3-4 games to turn things round.

Yes, we had noticed WhistleHappy!

Is this better?

:laughcont::D:clap::winner_third_h4h::worship2::rofl2br:

Not sure which Leeds player flicked the ball on but McCormack had acres of space at the back stick to tap in

Report on BBC said Becchio filcked the ball on and it was from a throw-in according to bcfc site. Why the **** do we still defend like this? Particularly towards the end of games or set pieces. How can a player be unmarked and receive the ball one yard from our ******* goal? Grrrrrrrr! :grr:

He missed a penalty - thats all - dont forget he did earn it and would have proabaly scored if wasnt taken down.

He's our best player - and you know it.......

problem is, he is not being used right.

MILLEN OUT

Riaz, l respect your views and opinions, but l stand firm on my belief that Maynard's is all about the hype. He is a good championship striker nothing more.

His lack of ability to tuck away chances when he has time to engage his brain is his achilles heel and will be the reason why he will never be a success at a higher level.

He is neither ruthless nor a predator.

To say he is our best player is far from a compliment based on the rest of our squad.

im a rovers/leeds fan and went today, if maynard could shoot city wouldve won, after the first 10 minutes when leeds shouldve been 3 up city took control.

the defence was easily got around by leeds but then city bullied leeds in midfield and ran the game.im happy [ of course] but you lot need points and i dont think millen will get you them

Come on Andy get a grip.

1-1, a penalty, missed by a 6 Million pound player, with the best will in the world no manager can be blamed for allowing your top scorer to take a penalty, even if he did miss the last one (by about 1 inch).

What followed was quite predictable, and is what football is all about.

We'll beat Hull 2-0, cheer upbounce.gif

Time to wake up and smell the coffee Redpaul, Andy has it spot on.

Leeds fan who used to live in Bristol and had a soft spot for City when Sean Dyche was playing for you!

I was at the game and here is my honest assessment of the game and your team.

Firstly a fair result would have been a draw.

Leeds were excellent for 20-25 mins and cut City open several times.

Keogh missed a 1 on 1 with James which would have made it 2-0 and I think that would have been game over even so early in the game.

City went down the other end and scored a minute later. We were shocked.

Leeds created a few more chances but from 30 mins onwards it was a very even game.

City were strong and powerful and had some pace in the team. Maynard was a handful and Adomah was lightning quick but our young fullback Aidan White (our quickest player too) just about kept him under wraps.

At 11 v 11 a 1-1 draw looked inevitable. Once you got the penalty I saw no way back for Leeds. I know Maynard had missed one earlier in the season so had an inkling he may miss again. Phew.

At 10v11 City should have gone for it. Stead was brought on far too late. You seemed happy for a point.

We created next to nothing and it was a massive surprise when a long throw was flicked on and ended up in the net. You looked excellent in the air at the back up until then.

The reason Kilkenny was taken off is the same reason why Grayson used to take him off after 75 mins. His legs go. He played well today but that was cos he was well up for it. His body language showed how much he wanted to succeed today. The Leeds fans gave him a decent reception. I for one thank him for helping us out of L1. He's a bit of a weed and a moaner though so not unhappy when he left us. Great player when you need to keep things ticking over and the opposition midfield lack pace.

In summary - you wont go down. You have plenty of power and pace and 2 lively lads up front (Maynard and Adomah)

Poor crowd today too from both sides. The high prices for watching mediocre football is coming home to roost. The greed has to stop.

Not sure why the coppers steamed into your end either?! What happend?

Good luck for the season. Your fans have great passion and your team is decent. A positive attitude would have won you the game today.

LEEDS FAN IN PEACE

you lost cos you took KIlla off... i've seen our managers do it so many times over the years... it's bonkers. I've seen him dropped several times and seen our team fall apart playing some shocking stuff in the process. IMO it cost us a playoiff place at the least last season... we were doing great... Killa went on international duty we fell apart... he came back and we improved... then he got dropped and we fell apart... then he got back in the side for the last few games and we turned it round but it was too late.

I'm a big Killa fan, he's made us tick over the last few years. You just have to accept what he gives you and that is a simple pass, very underrated in the modern game. He's good going forward too but we never really played to his strengths. Your wingers see loads of the ball, it's nice to watch. OK he bottles a few times but like I say you just have to accept it.

so on to today...

there you were... your wide men getting alot of the ball (our LB was excellent today, one of the best LB performances we've seen in a very long while so you were unlucky there) and giving us a very good game, certainly passing it better than us.

we go down to 10 men so you need to stretch us, keep getting the ball outwide, wear us down... you looked pretty solid at the time.

INSTEAD... off came Killa... you stopped passing, you hoofed it to our three big defenders and our keeper (good at punching and claiming a ball) and we went up the other end a couple of times and scored.

Like someone says above... it's not a coincidence... your players never recieve a simple ball, confidence drains from them as they panic and hoof. I've seen it too many times over the last 2-3 years. Your manager wanted a passer so got a good one... he needs to let Killa do his job for 90mins.

Come on Andy get a grip.

1-1, a penalty, missed by a 6 Million pound player, with the best will in the world no manager can be blamed for allowing your top scorer to take a penalty, even if he did miss the last one (by about 1 inch).

What followed was quite predictable, and is what football is all about.

We'll beat Hull 2-0, cheer upbounce.gif

Get a grip? 1 win and 2 draws from 8 league and cup games this season. 1 point and no goals scored in 4 home matches. Players played out of position. Absurd substitutions. We may beat Hull 2-0, I really hope we do, but a win will not reverse the trend. 9 wins in our 30 league games in 2011 thus far. In the same period we have lost 14 matches. A win rate of just 30%!!! Over a season that equates to approx. 14 wins out of 46. Factor in 21 defeats, leaving 11 draws (based again on averages for 2011 so far) and we will be looking at 53 points. Based on the 2010/11 final table, we would finish 19th. Admittedly it's not exactly scientific but it does represent a trend in relation to City's recent results. What great management, what inspired leadership, what devastating progress!!! Get a grip??!!:disapointed2se: :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

Archived