IGNORED

City v Leeds Match Thread

Avalonred

It feels even more like a loss now.doh.gif

Yes, my patience is running out. Still, I think he'll be here for the next 3-4 games, but unless things improve dramatically, he should quite rightly be out of the job. Who has a *****ing clue what our board are thinking though? Anyway. at least it sounds like we had a go today. Small consolation, I know. :(

Everyone on here wanted Pitman to come on and look what happens when we change from 4-5-1. The forum :disapointed2se:

The problem was that he took kilkenny off and left sideways skuse and a Elliot, who can't pass a ball in any direction, on.

Result: we lose our ability to retain possesion and they score. Nothing to do with the formation, entirely down to very poor player selection. It's literally as if he has never watched a football match!

Still no ******* points though, Keith has got it wrong again with his subs and for the fact he's not told Maynard despite 2 previous pen misses he's not on pens,

Like I said on another day we'd of won, he cant be on the bloody pitch himself, the amount of chances we've had is unbelievable, and Maynard should have scored the pen, can't blame Keith for that but im sure you idiots will find a way.

Sure i'll get slated for this, but it sounds a good performance, defending let us down again but sounds like on many others days we'd win this game. Encouraging but the results are worrying.

We were playing well, when Leeds went to 10 men it seemed only a matter of time before we rolled the game up but we then took of our playmaker/midfield ball holder (who had also scored a blinder from range). Suddenly we stopped creating the chances, bad substitutions and I am sure everyone can see it, should have taken of a defender, played 3 at the back and added a striker or another attacking midfielder.... why we did not I have no idea.

....or if Millen had used his brain and made the right subs....we may have kept our momentum and pressed for the winner

He brought on Pitman, Stead and Bolasie. What more could he have done? Leeds were still dangerous, as proved by them scoring, so it was the correct decision to take off the central midfielder who couldn't tackle whilst pushing more attacking players forward.

That's not unlucky - it's just a player taking a rubbish penalty !!

Ahh yes, sorry.. Millen out. facepalm.gif

We were playing well, when Leeds went to 10 men it seemed only a matter of time before we rolled the game up but we then took of our playmaker/midfield ball holder (who had also scored a blinder from range). Suddenly we stopped creating the chances, bad substitutions and I am sure everyone can see it, should have taken of a defender, played 3 at the back and added a striker or another attacking midfielder.... why we did not I have no idea.

Because there is no point being top of the class in your coaching course then doing what anybody can see is the right thing. The point is to show you are clever and sophisticated in ways mere fans simply would not understand. :innocent06:

Like I said on another day we'd of won, he cant be on the bloody pitch himself, the amount of chances we've had is unbelievable, and Maynard should have scored the pen, can't blame Keith for that but im sure you idiots will find a way.

A decent manager would have ensured Maynard was not on pens, a decent manager would have not taken off Neil Kilkenny, take your head out the sand, with this manager were going down.

I'll give you a clue.......it starts with K and ends with N

I have supported and spent many many hours defending Keith Millen, but, HOW COULD HE TAKE OFF KILLKENNY....An amazing decision...I'm now close to despair...

Yes Maynard missed a penalty and we can point to that....But taking the player off that's bossing the game....My god what were they thinking.....I posted earlier I hope Killkenny was injured, because changing then without a cause was indefenceable

Some of you people are complete *****! Millen out after this performance.. we were quality! Maynard misses penalty! But im guessing its Millen fault that he mised the pen!

Haven't you heard , nothing is KM's fault. It's all down to GJ and Coppell.

Some of you people are complete *****! Millen out after this performance.. we were quality! Maynard misses penalty! But im guessing its Millen fault that he mised the pen!

We played well last week against 11 players and still lost, we played well against Leeds with 10 men and lost and the common denominator Millens substitutions.

Given his record he should never have been allowed to take it. But having grovelled to him for months Keith would not have the guts to tell him so.:disapointed2se:

ARGHHH!!!! ..... MAYNARD the only pens you should be allowed near from now on should contain INK!!!

Good performance by the lads... very unlucky... 3 points lost today by a couple of VERYdubious decisions (again)...

MASSIVE DISAPPOINTMENT BUT AT LEAST WE CAN TAKE SOME PRIDE FROM THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE - WATCH OUT NEXT WEEK HULL... WE'LL BE LOOKING FOR A BACKLASH!!!

Archived