IGNORED

The Millen Out Posse

Pickle Rick

Do you want Millen out?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't see the point of posting a loaded poll. There are a few things that puzzle me with KM (Ignoring Pitman), but it's boll ocks to think that anybody else could do that much better with this squad and the financial restrictions. I feel sorry for him, fans with ludicrously high expectations, a squad full of overpaid rubbish recruited by the previous managers, and hands tied regarding new signings.

Ask again around Christmas.

Don't see the point of posting a loaded poll. There are a few things that puzzle me with KM (Ignoring Pitman), but it's boll ocks to think that anybody else could do that much better with this squad and the financial restrictions. I feel sorry for him, fans with ludicrously high expectations, a squad full of overpaid rubbish recruited by the previous managers, and hands tied regarding new signings.

Ask again around Christmas.

Many think the squad is rather better than it is being made to look but that is a matter of opinion. He does seem however to have decided some of his own signings are not good enough either, including as you say Pitman, Those who are playing are those he wants to play therefore and are letting him and us down. He tells us he is now angry; we shall see.

The financial restrictions did not stop us paying Kilkenny more than Leeds it seems and Keith has now withdrawn his "my hands are tied" claim following Colin denying it. Indeed he says we came close to 2 signings before the deadline and hoped to convert them to loans, perhaps with a view to permanent transfers, though he has gone quiet on that since.

But most of all the repeated claim of unrealistic expectations just doesn't stand up. The club ludicrously talked about promotion but you would be hard put to find many fans who did. What we expected and were promised was improvement after Keith had a transfer window and pre-season under his belt. That has yet to happen to say the least. Keith tried blaming the fans too, never a clever move from a manager imo. I'm not calling for his head and expect he will get at least until Christmas but he is going to come up with better arguments than "I blame the fans" if he is going to get people on his side.:disapointed2se:

Perhaps some acknowledgement that his selections and tactics are more responsible than the fans for our predicament would be a good place to start?

I was one who was completely flummoxed by KM's appointment.

I've seen nothing to persuade me my bewilderment was unfounded.

The announcement of his immediate accession to the top job almost in the same breath as the news of Coppell's departure was a double disappointment.

After over 40 years following BCFC the managerial changes at this club and their subsequent successes and failures you get a strong gut feeling about the suitability of new managers and the likelihood of them being successful.

With GJ, for instance, he immediately seemed the near perfect choice at the time, whereas with Tinnion it seemed inevitable he would not be a success managing Bristol City.

My immediate gut feeling with KM was that it would not work, would end in tears and we'd have an unsettled and unhappy club for the duration of his tenure until it reached it's natural unhappy conclusion.

We had "dozens of quality applications" last time, and would no doubt do so again. Most won't be on any list of names fans could come up with off the top of our heads, and there would almost certainly be some real surprises amongst them.

It would be interesting to see another poll - those who actively want Keith Millen to stay, how many of THEM there are, and stating their reasons.

Have read pretty much all of your posts on this topic Nogbad, and have always been of the following opinion...

... so to save me having to do this every time...

+1

Extraordinary to see the dwindling band of Millen supporters still trying to argue that there aren't credible and better managers available to run BCFC. Their argument when he was appointed was that there was nobody else available - that's still their only argument now. It was untrue then and untrue now.

Millen is out of his depth and should never have been given the job in a permanent basis. When Coppout left he should have been made caretaker for a few weeks while a real manager was selected.

Our current league position says it all - we have a virtually fully fit squad and are second from bottom. Nowhere near good enough I'm afraid.

Extraordinary to see the dwindling band of Millen supporters still trying to argue that there aren't credible and better managers available to run BCFC. Their argument when he was appointed was that there was nobody else available - that's still their only argument now. It was untrue then and untrue now.

Millen is out of his depth and should never have been given the job in a permanent basis. When Coppout left he should have been made caretaker for a few weeks while a real manager was selected.

Our current league position says it all - we have a virtually fully fit squad and are second from bottom. Nowhere near good enough I'm afraid.

Name one then Martyn! Because as far as I can see the list of managers posted earlier in this thread contains a list of over-rated managers who deserve to be out of work (other than Robins)

If I was to replace Millen I would be doing everything to get Tisdale in. That in itself is surely a sign that there is very little in the way of good management available.

It appears that so far 107 votes and 1800 views doesn't say that Millen is truely wanted out (quite yet).

My opinion is that we should give him up unitl the new year, unless we are rock bottom and seprating ourselves from the mid-table bunch.

Just out of curiousity does anyone know how many users log on to this site per week? It would be interesting to get some stats.

And to top it off, looking about the forum, some nice names/threads being made for these apparant replacements :facepalm:

At the same time I do find it a good read to see what people on here think on all areas of the debate on whether Millen should still be here or not, or even if he should've been the manager in the first place.

Does anyone on here also think that the board have thought about sacking him soon (at this stage in the season)? I think they're content but just keeping an eye on how we get on in the next month or two.

It appears that so far 107 votes and 1800 views doesn't say that Millen is truely wanted out (quite yet).

My opinion is that we should give him up unitl the new year, unless we are rock bottom and seprating ourselves from the mid-table bunch.

Just out of curiousity does anyone know how many users log on to this site per week? It would be interesting to get some stats.

And to top it off, looking about the forum, some nice names/threads being made for these apparant replacements :facepalm:

At the same time I do find it a good read to see what people on here think on all areas of the debate on whether Millen should still be here or not, or even if he should've been the manager in the first place.

Does anyone on here also think that the board have thought about sacking him soon (at this stage in the season)? I think they're content but just keeping an eye on how we get on in the next month or two.

Surely you're going to do an alternative thread, 'Millen Must Stay Posse', with a similar format Scrumpy?

Thousands of potential supporters for him after all.

Surely you're going to do an alternative thread, 'Millen Must Stay Posse', with a similar format Scrumpy?

Thousands of potential supporters for him after all.

Be my guest, go ahead.

That is not what I am refering to with reference to this thread but thanks for the pointer. You obviously look at things differently than me. Thats fine.

Anyone wanting millen out because of saturdays result wasnt there. We played very well and deserved to win. Luck goes against you at the bottom.

People saying he should go after that game are being unfair.

We played against 10 men and still managed to end up with less posession than them. I could understand if we had more shots than them (we didn't) and did everything but score, the truth is Millen sets our team up home and away to not lose the game, facing 10 men the game was there for the taking. Unlucky to lose would mean we destroyed them for the remaining game peppering the their goal in search of a winner and got done by a sucker punch at the death.

The sad thing is, Millen had us playing some good football immediately after Johnson left, it's his tactics now that people can't believe, why is there so much of a difference, is it because he knew back as caretaker he could be more adventurous because he knew the pressure was off. Last season I saw a team frightened to open up, the formation is very rigid and predictable, if he wants results he needs to set his team up differently to play for results, play the percentages, because we all know when Maynard or Pitman/ Stead get service they will bag goals, play to win, don't play to not lose.

Maybe now he knows he is under real pressure to get some results he might open up and go for it, if partially succesful will he then turn back to negative tactics after a loss?

We're only allowed to vote once but can view the thread numerous times - the stats are pointless

We played against 10 men and still managed to end up with less posession than them. I could understand if we had more shots than them (we didn't) and did everything but score, the truth is Millen sets our team up home and away to not lose the game, facing 10 men the game was there for the taking. Unlucky to lose would mean we destroyed them for the remaining game peppering the their goal in search of a winner and got done by a sucker punch at the death.

The sad thing is, Millen had us playing some good football immediately after Johnson left, it's his tactics now that people can't believe, why is there so much of a difference, is it because he knew back as caretaker he could be more adventurous because he knew the pressure was off. Last season I saw a team frightened to open up, the formation is very rigid and predictable, if he wants results he needs to set his team up differently to play for results, play the percentages, because we all know when Maynard or Pitman/ Stead get service they will bag goals, play to win, don't play to not lose.

Maybe now he knows he is under real pressure to get some results he might open up and go for it, if partially succesful will he then turn back to negative tactics after a loss?

were you at the game?

we played very well. Missed a pen and had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

the defeat was nothing to do with millen at all. We played well away from home and deserved a draw at the very least

Although Millen's tactics are baffling and just plain wrong I also believe other managers would get more out of the players. I'm still confused by the fact that he seems to want to get rid of Cisse and Stuart when IMO Cisse was our best defensive midfielder (in fact Millen won manager of the month the one time Cisse was given a run in the side) and Stuart has only been given a few games in his natural position, when he actually looked fine!

Johnson and Clarkson have been shipped out even though both seemed to be willing to spend endless times on the bench waiting for chances that never game and reduced to bit part roles coming on to play very well for the last few minutes of games.

Bolasie was bought and never played...ditto Ryan Taylor and Jon Stead. Marlon Jackson has been "on the fringes" of the team and never picked. Gerken and goalie Carey rarely selected; Kilkenny, who is an attacking midfielder is played in a deep role; Woolford who is a winger (of sorts) has mostly appeared at full back. We have a squad of 30 full timers yet loan players are brought in to play ahead of them.

About the only thing I will give Millen credit for is putting Wilson in the side (but even then I think that was forced on him due to injuries at the time).

We have a squad of good players they need motivating and managing and played in positions where they gel...Millen seems incapable of doing that!

We're only allowed to vote once but can view the thread numerous times - the stats are pointless

Not trying to contradict myself but maybe members see the thread name and decide not to look at it as they're not part of the 'posse'?

If we don't get anything by next tuesday after the Reading game and this thread is still 'active' in discussion, I'm sure the votes will go up. Depending on how things go I might have to vote, but I don't think we're doing too bad given the fact that we are not a dead-and-beaten team DOOMED for relegation.

It does have to get worse before the board react. Lucky a select minority of fans don't run the club.

Be my guest, go ahead.

I'm not really one for creating polls, whereas you seem quite keen and a follow up poll seems natural.

I'd have thought that after posting this one you may want to balance things by seeing how many actively want him to stay, and therefore agree with your comment that 'it's a load of tosh saying Millen must go'.

If you think the response would reflect well on the manager, and therefore support your argument that there seems little appetite for no change, I'd have thought it would be well worthwhile.

Archived