IGNORED

The Millen Out Posse

Pickle Rick

Do you want Millen out?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I won't try and give it the token demorilising intro as of late...

However, some people want Millen out and are also pointing the finger, forgetting that they support the club, not dwelling on criticism.

I personally believe we can hang on with Millen for now. I also believe that we won't spend big/try and push for high profile names etc until the new stadium is built.

I'm also pretty much resigned to waiting until the stadium is built so Landsdown and the official board will start digging into their pockets. I believe it is known as a 'strategic plan'. Many companies/industries and even the governement have 'strategic plans' which they stick to. Plans take time and are normally done in phases. It is important to try to stick with the plan, otherwise you have to start all over again. The only chance of Millen going is if we are rock bottom 20+ games in and also we currently aren't far off the top half - EVERYBODY PANIC!!! :sleeping:

I personally believe its all a load of tosh saying Millen must go. If he does, what happens then? Will it get better? I'd say probably not, there is obviously some long term plan and the build of the stadium is pivotal. I haven't seen anyone consider that we are waiting for the stadium to build and in the meantime, we'll see out life in the Championship. The only time the plan will change (as previously mentioned) is if we look as if we're in deep deep trouble come new year.

Anyone who would like Millen out, please vote. Anyone who doesn't then fine, hopefully you carry on supporting BCFC. It would also be nice for the people who vote in this pole to also justifiy and start a good debate. You can see my reasons behind why he won't go and why he doesn't need to go.

Lets see what the so called voice of reason for Bristol City (OTIB forum) think.It will be inetersting if there are over 1000 on here that want Millen out.

I won't try and give it the token demorilising intro as of late...

However, some people want Millen out and are also pointing the finger, forgetting that they support the club, not dwelling on criticism.

I personally believe we can hang on with Millen for now. I also believe that we won't spend big/try and push for high profile names etc until the new stadium is built.

I'm also pretty much resigned to waiting until the stadium is built so Landsdown and the official board will start digging into their pockets. I believe it is known as a 'strategic plan'. Many companies/industries and even the governement have 'strategic plans' which they stick to. Plans take time and are normally done in phases. It is important to try to stick with the plan, otherwise you have to start all over again. The only chance of Millen going is if we are rock bottom 20+ games in and also we currently aren't far off the top half - EVERYBODY PANIC!!! :sleeping:

I personally believe its all a load of tosh saying Millen must go. If he does, what happens then? Will it get better? I'd say probably not, there is obviously some long term plan and the build of the stadium is pivotal. I haven't seen anyone consider that we are waiting for the stadium to build and in the meantime, we'll see out life in the Championship. The only time the plan will change (as previously mentioned) is if we look as if we're in deep deep trouble come new year.

Anyone who would like Millen out, please vote. Anyone who doesn't then fine, hopefully you carry on supporting BCFC. It would also be nice for the people who vote in this pole to also justifiy and start a good debate. You can see my reasons behind why he won't go and why he doesn't need to go.

Lets see what the so called voice of reason for Bristol City (OTIB forum) think.It will be inetersting if there are over 1000 on here that want Millen out.

There was a poll on here last week and less than 250 people voted , so to expect 1000 to vote on here is ludicrous.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/139009-should-millen-go/page__mode__show

I'm not happy with our present situation, and i don't believe Milley is the man to take us forward. Not his fault, but SL's for appointing him.

However...I wish all these fans that call for Millen out, would back up their statement with an alternative manager and how he would make any difference to our present squad. I believe the team need some fresh ideas and someone to come in and grab them by the bollocks and throat and put some fear into them. But as for who that man is, I don't know. So it's not so easy.

What i do want, is SL to put his hand in his pocket and rectify the situation he has put us in. We may be in debt, but that's his own fault. We need two quality players brought in. A defender and Midfielder. Bite the bullet, pay off the unwanted players, having them around is negative to all around and will only bring negativity to the Club. We will lose more finacially if we go down. We need something positive...All this negativity around the Club is festering and slowly suffocating everyone associated with it.

I'm seriously not impressed by our Board and SL at the moment. Our manager and them seem to be singing from different hymn sheets, and no one has a clue what is happening or what we want from this season.

I think his time is running out - I don't think he is the one to take us forward but all things considered, he should be given the 2 home games to sort it out.

For me my concerns are that he persists with 4-5-1 at home - scandalous in my opinion with the quality of forwards we have at this club. We aren't scoring goals so lets play 1 up top. I don't care what people say, it is 1 up front and it is negative - We are NOT Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan etc....they have players with real quality, pace and movement and flexibility that can make this system attacking. We do not. We are Bristol City, we have Marvin Elliot, Cole Skuse and Campbell-Ryce......Not David Villa, Iniesta, Messi etc.....

His substitutions often baffle as does the fact that Pitman has been shunted out on the left on numerous occasions.

I would love to see Bolasie on the left and if he is going to persist with the 3 central midfielders, give Bobby Reid a chance FFS, he looked our best and most influential midfielder during pre-season and I'm very surprised he has not so much as had a look in.

I'm not happy with our present situation, and i don't believe Milley is the man to take us forward. Not his fault, but SL's for appointing him.

However...I wish all these fans that call for Millen out, would back up their statement with an alternative manager and how he would make any difference to our present squad. I believe the team need some fresh ideas and someone to come in and grab them by the bollocks and throat and put some fear into them. But as for who that man is, I don't know. So it's not so easy.

What i do want, is SL to put his hand in his pocket and rectify the situation he has put us in. We may be in debt, but that's his own fault. We need two quality players brought in. A defender and Midfielder. Bite the bullet, pay off the unwanted players, having them around is negative to all around and will only bring negativity to the Club. We will lose more finacially if we go down. We need something positive...All this negativity around the Club is festering and slowly suffocating everyone associated with it.

I'm seriously not impressed by our Board and SL at the moment. Our manager and them seem to be singing from different hymn sheets, and no one has a clue what is happening or what we want from this season.

indeed, everyone is happy to shout from the roof tops for Millen to go, but as I've mentioned in other threads WHO

I've not seen a exciting promising name yet, whom I think is realistic?

Tisdale is only one, but he's turned down better clubs than us, likewise O'Driscoll

As for the poll. Nearly 10k people signed up on here, be interesting how many vote,

I won't be voting, as I said before, I'm giving him 10games before I judge, it doesn't look promising for Millen, next to games could be make or break for him

There was a poll on here last week and less than 250 people voted , so to expect 1000 to vote on here is ludicrous.

http://www.otib.co.u...age__mode__show

Okay I'll take the number of 1000 back, but nevertheless it would be nice to see the Millen out voters give a healthy debate on why Millen should go and who will really come in.

As stated so far Davies, I'd like to think not!

And holloway, I do like him, but imagine the moaning/slagging of on here?! It would probably crash the forum.

If Warnock was out of a job then it could be tempting to change the plan from the boards perspective, however I just don't see who would come in and really make a difference.

Has anybody actually considered what other clubs in this league think of their club/manager? I think we definately aren't the worst! Easily over half the clubs have supporter groups wanting their boss/board to go. Funny really.

At the moment the club needs someone with experience, who is tried and tested. I know people will say that experience is only gained through actual work but you don't usually find a rookie in a top job straight away.

When GJ went there was a lot of interest for the manager's position, so I expect there will be the same if Keef went.

I think we need a completely new outlook on the squad. We don't have bad players, they just need fresh guidance.

I'm sure Keef will make it as a top class manager, he perhaps needs to try the lower leagues first

I'm not in the Millen out camp , yet. I'm hoping something within him snapped yesterday and we will see a vast improvement (and different formation) come Saturday. On the subject of who would take over if he did go , I dont think we will be taking a manager from another club as we probably cant afford to pay compensation. We are therefore left with managers who are currently out of work. I've listed a few below who I think might take the job and have therefore left out the likes of O'Neill , Hoddle , Hughes and Wilkins.

Billy Davies

Dave Jones

Roy Keane

Gordon Strachan

Joe Kinnear

Adie Boothroyd

Alan Curbishley

George Burley

Paul Ince

Gary McAllister

Mark Robins

Mark McGhee

Dennis Wise

Glenn Roeder

Gianfranco Zola ???????

All of the above would take the job if approached (IMO) , not sure about Zola , but how many of that lot would people want?? Maybe you could start a poll on that.

I'm not in the Millen out camp , yet. I'm hoping something within him snapped yesterday and we will see a vast improvement (and different formation) come Saturday. On the subject of who would take over if he did go , I dont think we will be taking a manager from another club as we probably cant afford to pay compensation. We are therefore left with managers who are currently out of work. I've listed a few below who I think might take the job and have therefore left out the likes of O'Neill , Hoddle , Hughes and Wilkins.

Billy Davies

Dave Jones

Roy Keane

Gordon Strachan

Joe Kinnear

Adie Boothroyd

Alan Curbishley

George Burley

Paul Ince

Gary McAllister

Mark Robins

Mark McGhee

Dennis Wise

Glenn Roeder

Gianfranco Zola ???????

All of the above would take the job if approached (IMO) , not sure about Zola , but how many of that lot would people want?? Maybe you could start a poll on that.

Strachan, Boothroyd or Robins.

IF they actually wanted to come might do a job, but they will be inheriting a squad of players which they may not like.

Billy Davies - No - Utter knob, will blame everything that goes wrong on the board (even if they have given him £50m to spend)

Dave Jones - No - Drinking Culture would return

Roy Keane - No - no explaination needed

Gordon Strachan - Doesn't need to drop down to a club like us!

Joe Kinnear - Health Reasons

Adie Boothroyd - do we really want someone sacked by Coventry - Step backwards

Alan Curbishley - No, unrealistic

George Burley - See boothroyd, ref Palace

Paul Ince - No

Gary McAllister - No, failed everywhere

Mark Robins - meh!!!

Mark McGhee - No

Dennis Wise - NO!

Glenn Roeder - DEFINATELY NO!!!!

Gianfranco Zola ??????? - see curbishley

I'm sure most of them would take the job, but I'd also say most of them would be VERY unpopular appointments.

I'm sure most of them would take the job, but I'd also say most of them would be VERY unpopular appointments.

what a depressing list of managers

Exactly , and it backs up Spudski's question of WHO would we get to replace Millen. How many viable options are out there? Not many , and as I said , I dont see us paying compensation for a manager , so I'll throw it open to one and all. Name the replacement manager you want , we can all say Martin O'Neill or Mark Hughes but in you heart do you see a manager like that taking the reigns at AG ??

Scrumpy asks will it get better if Millen went, who knows but can it get worse? Watching the football league show Cardiff manager said his team had 26 efforts on goal, have we had that many all season? We seem to lack a plan A let alone a plan B. New ideas are needed!

500+ views

14 replies

Only 35 votes so far???

Exactly what I was thinking.

It may be a Sunday but to me it says a lot. 35 people only.

What does it say? A lot of people come on here to moan, but rarely see the bigger picture?! I'd like to think members of this forum will be looking at the situation with some thought.

Sacking millen is not justified, neither is it worthwhile at this stage. Give him time, we've had some tough matches and not very much so called 'support'.

I think his time is running out - I don't think he is the one to take us forward but all things considered, he should be given the 2 home games to sort it out.

For me my concerns are that he persists with 4-5-1 at home - scandalous in my opinion with the quality of forwards we have at this club. We aren't scoring goals so lets play 1 up top. I don't care what people say, it is 1 up front and it is negative - We are NOT Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan etc....they have players with real quality, pace and movement and flexibility that can make this system attacking. We do not. We are Bristol City, we have Marvin Elliot, Cole Skuse and Campbell-Ryce......Not David Villa, Iniesta, Messi etc.....

His substitutions often baffle as does the fact that Pitman has been shunted out on the left on numerous occasions.

I would love to see Bolasie on the left and if he is going to persist with the 3 central midfielders, give Bobby Reid a chance FFS, he looked our best and most influential midfielder during pre-season and I'm very surprised he has not so much as had a look in.

:yes::yes::yes:

Wholeheartedly agree with this, but I'd give him until December to turn things around then if we're still bottom 3 I'd get someone else in, give them the festive games to see what's wrong and they may have some ideas for solutions when the January window opens.

As for who that someone is, I have an open mind. To suggest we cannot get someone better is rot. There are many better managers out there, both 'between jobs' and managing at a lower level but waiting for a shot at the Championship.

...with respect to the OP - if there's a lack of response it may be because you've created a poll which almost exactly replicates a poll created last week - on which 236 members voted - 80% of whom wanted Millen out.

The bigger picture is surely that the club sought to replace GJ with a manager of experience. In Steve Coppell Lansdown saw a man with a track record of success, a national profile, contacts throughout the game. A manager who had done precisely what Lansdown stated was the strategic objective for our club - namely building a team capable of promotion with a new stadium and increased public interest as the catalyst.

When Coppell left he was immediately replaced by a man with none of the above qualifications.

A number of the so called "moaners" questioned Millen's appointment whilst wishing him well. Events have proved the questioners to be correct - he shows no sign of being able to deliver on the strategy that Lansdown set out.

I believe that far from sticking to a strategy the club has been knocked off course - on the pitch by a poor managerial appointment and off the pitch by a small group of dog walkers.

The latter is harder to solve - the legal process will take its course and is out of the club's hands. On the pitch we need the leader we needed when Coppell left. It's not Keith Millen and never has been.

All the above doubts have been very well articulated over the past year.

1 Year is enough for any good manager to impose his philosophy, tactics, formation and assess every player a dozen times over. Millen has had his time here, I feel sorry for the guy if he does leave the club but you cannot keep making excuses for someone after that long. If there was something in him he would have cut down on the basic mistakes to almost nothing. The fact is the team still cant defend set pieces, still can't make better use of the fire power we have at the club and still insist on playing two central midfielders that cannot play together. He may have been unlucky so to speak in the transfer market but thats the same for any manager, the football has been attrocious at times to.

Mackay at Cardiff has managed to rebuild a whole team over the summer and are looking at play offs again, he's got to go, disappointing as that may seem to Steve Lansdown and the new board, but he's had a very fair crack of the whip.

Billy Davies

Dave Jones

Roy Keane

Gordon Strachan

Joe Kinnear

Adie Boothroyd

Alan Curbishley

George Burley

Paul Ince

Gary McAllister

Mark Robins

Mark McGhee

Dennis Wise

Glenn Roeder

Gianfranco Zola ???????

You can add Peter Reid to that list

...with respect to the OP - if there's a lack of response it may be because you've created a poll which almost exactly replicates a poll created last week - on which 236 members voted - 80% of whom wanted Millen out.

The bigger picture is surely that the club sought to replace GJ with a manager of experience. In Steve Coppell Lansdown saw a man with a track record of success, a national profile, contacts throughout the game. A manager who had done precisely what Lansdown stated was the strategic objective for our club - namely building a team capable of promotion with a new stadium and increased public interest as the catalyst.

When Coppell left he was immediately replaced by a man with none of the above qualifications.

A number of the so called "moaners" questioned Millen's appointment whilst wishing him well. Events have proved the questioners to be correct - he shows no sign of being able to deliver on the strategy that Lansdown set out.

I believe that far from sticking to a strategy the club has been knocked off course - on the pitch by a poor managerial appointment and off the pitch by a small group of dog walkers.

The latter is harder to solve - the legal process will take its course and is out of the club's hands. On the pitch we need the leader we needed when Coppell left. It's not Keith Millen and never has been.

All the above doubts have been very well articulated over the past year.

Totally agree

1 Year is enough for any good manager to impose his philosophy, tactics, formation and assess every player a dozen times over. Millen has had his time here, I feel sorry for the guy if he does leave the club but you cannot keep making excuses for someone after that long. If there was something in him he would have cut down on the basic mistakes to almost nothing. The fact is the team still cant defend set pieces, still can't make better use of the fire power we have at the club and still insist on playing two central midfielders that cannot play together. He may have been unlucky so to speak in the transfer market but thats the same for any manager, the football has been attrocious at times to.

Mackay at Cardiff has managed to rebuild a whole team over the summer and are looking at play offs again, he's got to go, disappointing as that may seem to Steve Lansdown and the new board, but he's had a very fair crack of the whip.

Totally agree

Keith has had enough time I'm afraid

there are dozens, yes dozens, of decent candidates out there. you only have to go on the LMA web site and see available managers to have a clue. then there are plenty of young european managers that would be on the first easy jet flight into brizzle if they thought there was interest; our scouting network should be on that case as of months ago.

In short, its irrelevant all of you posters attacking others for asking millen to go without coming up with a replacement; its not our job to pick a gaffer just because one might want the incumbent to sling his hook... all fans want is entertaining and winning football; something this board and our major owner want.. they are not delivering it and there is fat chance, imo and 80% of others, that Millen will indeed deliver it unless we want to go down before we go up.

What we should be more worried about is how SL got it so so wrong when huge numbers of us said it was the wrong choice in the first place. Of that I may never quite comprehend; perhaps a holding roll while the stadium gets sorted but that is hugely disingenuous to those paying hundreds and thousands watching the club that the board said would fight for promotion.... they think we bought that?.... the more i think about it the more unbelievable it feels.

Billy Davies

Dave Jones

Roy Keane

Gordon Strachan

Joe Kinnear

Adie Boothroyd

Alan Curbishley

George Burley

Paul Ince

Gary McAllister

Mark Robins

Mark McGhee

Dennis Wise

Glenn Roeder

Gianfranco Zola ???????

Ray Wilkins ? :D

I was one who was completely flummoxed by KM's appointment.

I've seen nothing to persuade me my bewilderment was unfounded.

The announcement of his immediate accession to the top job almost in the same breath as the news of Coppell's departure was a double disappointment.

After over 40 years following BCFC the managerial changes at this club and their subsequent successes and failures you get a strong gut feeling about the suitability of new managers and the likelihood of them being successful.

With GJ, for instance, he immediately seemed the near perfect choice at the time, whereas with Tinnion it seemed inevitable he would not be a success managing Bristol City.

My immediate gut feeling with KM was that it would not work, would end in tears and we'd have an unsettled and unhappy club for the duration of his tenure until it reached it's natural unhappy conclusion.

We had "dozens of quality applications" last time, and would no doubt do so again. Most won't be on any list of names fans could come up with off the top of our heads, and there would almost certainly be some real surprises amongst them.

It would be interesting to see another poll - those who actively want Keith Millen to stay, how many of THEM there are, and stating their reasons.

Archived